Nitefighter BT70 2800 Lumens CREE XP G2 7 LEDs Neutral White, anyone are using?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Nitefighter BT70 2800 Lumens CREE XP G2 7 LEDs Neutral White, anyone are using?

I had ordered a BT70(Nitefighter BT70 2800 Lumens CREE XP G2 7 LEDs Neutral White Light Bicycle Headlight-91.12 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com) from GB ,has someone feedback from BT70?Also I had ordered a 6000mAh 8.4V 4 x 18650 Portable Rechargeable Water - resistant Battery Pack ,can I use it with BT70? 6000mAh 8.4V 4 x 18650 Portable Rechargeable Water - resistant Battery Pack-12.62 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

mtbr member
    I found an interesting analogy BT70. 2 times more expensive. But judging from the description, it is very interesting by technic.
    XP7 Ultimate Cycle Light - Extreme Lights

RAKC
    Quote Originally Posted by Advard View Post
    I found an interesting analogy BT70. 2 times more expensive. But judging from the description, it is very interesting by technic.

Not the same, different emitters that cost twice as much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Advard View Post

I would love to test one of the XP7's. The $185 price tag is within reason for a lamp that looks well designed and **can output 3000 lumen for two hours using a 5200mAh battery ( **manufacturer claim ). Not to mention the little brother to the XP7, the XP3, looks interesting as well ( 2000 lumen ). Both lamps with neutral XP-L emitters.

Yes, the Nitefighter BT70 is less expensive but if I were really considering the purchase of a single bar lamp that could rock the world of night time MTB'n, the XP7 ( or 3 ) would be more to my liking if the quality were to meet a ( presumed ) higher standard.

mtbr member
    Thank you so much, guys!
    Total, presumably, BT70 yield much to XP7. Because of more effective emitters of the second one.
    Will this difference is so noticeable in practice? Presumably, of course.
    Whose "Price / performance ratio" is over, In your opinion?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    BT70 emitter: 7 x Cree XP-G2 2800 limens 1,8 hours
    XP7 emitter: 7 x Cree XP-L 3000 lumen for two hours
    Will this difference is so noticeable in practice?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mentawais View Post
    That will depend on two things; First, The driver being used and more importantly, "the optics". The XP7 has the potential for more output but to manage the heat ( and to make it more efficient ) the output it is likely being under-driven.

The XP7 is claiming to use a custom LEDil optic. That could make a big difference but no way to know without seeing one. We already know what the optics used with XP-G2 can do.

I think both lamps are good values but depending on what you get when it's in your hands will decide which is the better.

I now have two BT40S's. This last weekend I had to work Saturday and since it rained all day Saturday I thought it best to not go out Sunday. I already know that running two lamps on the bars can provide monster output. I can't wait to try out the duel 40S's on the bars with the Y-cord.

I'm also tinkering with the idea that I could use both on lower levels for a more efficient output when just cruising. When I get a chance to try it out I'll be trying different mixes of outputs to see what the beam pattern looks like. Quite possibly a "low/low" or "medium / medium" set-up could be a most efficient combo for the bars.

mtbr member
    Battery is not a question for me. I have 12 cells of Samsung 2600 and holders. I can collect even all 12 in one battery ..

We are waiting for your beam shots of BT70!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I'm also tinkering with the idea that I could use both on lower levels for a more efficient output when just cruising.
    The idea is haunted me: for the same money, you can choose one XP7, or two BT70 !!

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    If you look further the XP7 product description says 3000 measured lumens for over two hours. That's much better than 2800 theoretical lumens.

Look around their site a bit, lots of cool things for sale. The XPi looks awesome for a self contained light. The powerbank usb adapter is genious.

It appears their stuff is meant to be sold around South Africa, not sure if the battery chargers are 120V or 220V.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It appears their stuff is meant to be sold around South Africa, not sure if the battery chargers are 120V or 220V.

220V is standard for South Africa.
    I've had very good customer service from this company in the past.
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    If you look further the XP7 product description says 3000 measured lumens for over two hours. That's much better than 2800 theoretical lumens.

Look around their site a bit, lots of cool things for sale. The XPi looks awesome for a self contained light. The powerbank usb adapter is genious.

If true, it certainly is better. While using the BT40S I noticed that the output ( on boost ) drops as soon as the lamp begins to heat up. No doubt the BT70 will heat up even faster.

If the XP7 can maintain 3000 lumen for two hours I would be surprised. All LED lamps drop output when they heat up. For the XP7 to maintain 3000 lumen would mean either the manufacturer is using state of the art heat sinking technology or they are over exaggerating the claimed output. Not to mention the claim also applies to the included battery which is only ( 8.4 volt ) 5200mAh.

*Excuse me for being doubtful but I'm having a hard time believing that any lamp can supply 3000 lumen for 2hrs on a 5200mAh battery. Of course if the claims are true then it would certainly be worth the extra cost. ( *Note; The Gloworm XS rated at 2200 lumen supplies a 2hr run time using a 6800mAh battery ). I believe the Gloworm claims are more realistic. Now you can understand why I'm not running out to buy a XP7. Now if someone trustworthy can prove this is the real deal I might have to buy one.

Hmmmm...I just noticed something interesting. It seems someone named
    "Francois" has reviewed the XP3 and given it 5 stars! If this is the same Francois as on MTBR then that would be a credible review of at least one of the companies' products. If I could find "Francois's PM I would ask him if he did the review.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    If the XP7 can maintain 3000 lumen for two hours I would be surprised. All LED lamps drop output when they heat up. For the XP7 to maintain 3000 lumen would mean either the manufacturer is using state of the art heat sinking technology or they are over exaggerating the claimed output. Not to mention the claim also applies to the included battery which is only ( 8.4 volt ) 5200mAh.
    I am considering the BT70 as a secondary but it's numbers also surprise me.
    The Maxx D I currently use is specced at 2400 lumens, 2Hrs with a 11600mah battery using 4 Crees.

RAKC
    Bt70 is not xp7. They each use different emitters. Cree makes multiple types of emitters.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    but Extreme Lights (it is South Africa company) doesn´t make international shipment otherwise I my BT70 is already shipped from China I hope till november I can get it

RAKC
    Everything youll want and need to know about the BT70 will be posted here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-...ew-979490.html

mtbr member
    mentawais, maybe you rename the thread?
    XP7 - african star??
    I am know the magic word: "I am sorry, that I broke your thread"))

mtbr member
    Is there any way to use a clamp type mount with the bt70 instead of the bands?

RAKC
    All these lights use the same mounts, to use standard you have to custom make one or custom adapter one you have already.