Nitefighter BT40 and BT21 setup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Nitefighter BT40 and BT21 setup

Looking to get a good set of night lights and from all my research on here this setup seems to be the best/cheapest way to go?

If I bought the BT21 as a kit for $62, could I then buy the BT40 head unit only for $32 and 2600mAh 8.4V 4 x 18650 Portable Rechargeable battery pack for $12? Is this battery pack the same one that comes in the kit?

Just wondering if there's any point in getting two full kits with two cases, two charges etc for $125 compared to $106

mtbr member
    Two cases? I've yet to use the cases that came with my Gloworms, but can imagine if I ever take a cross country trip, they would be the perfect storage location to protect them from damage. As if I couldn't otherwise protect them.

Two chargers? Only on that day you need to charge both battery packs simultaneously. Or that day a charger fails it's going to take a week to get another cheap charger, and you've got a big night ride with your buds that weekend. Does the $19 include additional mounting options? That wouldn't be a bad deal.

While I agree with 'cheapest' I would not go with 'best', unless you include the disclaimer 'of the cheap lights'. While these lights are decent enough and probably deserve 'most light for the buck', I don't think they qualify for 'best light for the buck' just yet.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    bigflamingtac, what light would you recommend for 'best light for your buck'?

RAKC
    When it comes to budget lights, nitefighter is the best kit there is.

No that cheap pack is not the same. All the cheap packs are just that, cheap crap. If you look at the review threads on these lights, they use brand name batteries, not possibly dangerous batteries that dont last for long.

There are better lights out there but your going to pay for them. For around $100 total ready to go for bars, helmet with batteries and everything, nitefighter is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Am I the only one that is having issues with the Gear Best website, I can't use the search feature, I sometimes can't add items to my basket and now it won't let me proceed to payment. I've tried two difference browsers to no avail

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Disable any addons you can have and try again...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I was considering a bt21 + bt40 set up but was wondering if bt21 x2 would have an advantages/disadvantages Weight? Run time? I would be ok with changing optics if that would help the dual 21 setup. Primarily use would be on single track maybe dabble in a race next year. Thoughts?

RAKC
    There is no advantage to a bt21 on the bars vs a bt40s. Bt40 though works better as a bar light (beam pattern) imo. Bt21 is good, especially with an optics change on the helmet. Runs times are about the same.

mtbr member
    Would it be overkill to go with two BT40's on the handlebar and one BT21 on the helmet?

RAKC
    Running 2 on the bars being overkill depends on where and how you ride. Ive seen no need for so much light on the bars. The one thing that will happen is ruining run time. Its better just to run one on turbo imo.