Nitefighter Brand Name Changing To Revtronic- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Nitefighter Brand Name Changing To Revtronic

I haven't seen this posted over here yet. Over at BLF is a thread by "Revtronic" explaining the switch and providing discount codes: 30% OFF for Revtronic Flashlight - Amazon FBA Shipping | BudgetLightForum.com

Yes, it's been mentioned before, but we thought it was just a rebranding for Amazon. This clarifies that it's a worldwide rebranding.

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

RAKC
    Must have been decided to just change the name entirely to save further headaches. Nice code lol!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Must have been decided to just change the name entirely to save further headaches. Nice code lol!
    New Name - No problem with that. I saw in one of the other threads you mentioned Feb. availability of BT21s model. Is that just an estimate of when you will get yours for testing or an actual date that we will be able to order one? Also glad to hear your sphere project is moving forward. Measuring output is a lot better than estimates and while I don't mind doing the tests you have access to considerably more new lights than I do which will be a "Win" for the "lights and night riding" section.
    Mole

RAKC
    The time frame I was given is when mine should head to me. I'll confirm after the Chinese holiday.

As for the sphere, its just my "light geek" coming out lol. I analyze everything and being able to give real numbers vs estimates I figure everyone will like better. Plus I can test stock vs modded. Just fun for me.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    New name because they crapped on the old name with problems of poor quality?
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC
    No, this change started long before the big qc issues. I mentioned it in the bt40s thread because my contact at nitefighter explained to me what was going down. Still crossing my fingers the new bt21s has the qc issues fixed and good to go like the first few batches of bt21s

mtbr member
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    New name because they crapped on the old name with problems of poor quality?[/QUOTE]
    That doesn't make sense if you look at it from Nitefighter's point of view considering for a Chinese light their quality is the cream of the crop.
    Mole

mtbr member
    I'm not sure all this "rebranding" talk is legit. I don't read anything on the Nitefighter website indicating that they plan to rebrand. I know about the Nitefighter lamps being sold by Revtronic though on Amazon. If they do "rebrand" I would expect a link on the old website to the new one. So far that hasn't happened.

mtbr member
    The guy Andy on all posts at that budget light website plus his comments back to this reviewer seem legit (click on the comments of this review):
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Revtronic BT40S 4xCree XP-G2 Neutral White LED Ultra Bright 1600 Lumens Rechargeable Mountain Bike Light - 2016 Edition

He replied right away with a discount code. May have to take my chances and join the cheap chinese light club.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a copy taking the biz either.
    Last edited by llbr22; 01-10-2016 at 10:23 PM.

RAKC
    Cat, it is legit, I posted months ago in bt40s thread when my contact at nitefighter told me it was coming. Its 100% legit, and I did a google search, streamlight has a similar product line and they hold U.S. trademark. The OP is exactly what I posted end of summer/early fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
    The guy Andy on all posts at that budget light website plus his comments back to this reviewer seem legit (click on the comments of this review):
    http://www.amazon.com/Revtronic-BT40...owViewpoints=0

He replied right away with a discount code. May have to take my chances and join the cheap chinese light club. This added to my old generation niterider minewt should get me through the winter I think.
    Maybe Andy is just trying to draw business away from Nitefighter to Revtronic (???) Who knows(?). So far the only place I see any reference on-line to Revtronic is on Amazon ( as a seller ) and on Facebook.

If tigris is correct sometime in Feb we should see the newer items supposedly offered by "nitefighter". I would think by that time if the people who run the old website haven't updated it then this "rebranding" idea is just BS. If Gearbest is still selling "Nitefighter" branded lamps by summer then apparently the "rebranding" is only being done by one of the vendors so they can sell on Amazon.

Anyway, not a big deal as long as the pricing is similar and the lamp/battery set-ups are the same.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Maybe Andy is just trying to draw business away from Nitefighter to Revtronic (???) Who knows(?). So far the only place I see any reference on-line to Revtronic is on Amazon ( as a seller ) and on Facebook.

If tigris is correct sometime in Feb we should see the newer items supposedly offered by "nitefighter". I would think by that time if the people who run the old website haven't updated it then this "rebranding" idea is just BS. If Gearbest is still selling "Nitefighter" branded lamps by summer then apparently the "rebranding" is only being done by one of the vendors so they can sell on Amazon.

Anyway, not a big deal as long as the pricing is similar and the lamp/battery set-ups are the same.
    so one brand for amazon and one for outside amazon?

RAKC
    We dont know for sure yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    They need to get off their bottoms and start making lights again. They are basically not selling lights during the entire night riding season. Not a good move. Daylight saving time starts on March 13. Even if they starting selling light today it would probably be the middle of February before we get them.

Not to mention that they need to make things right for the people on the forum who either never received lights that they paid for, or got lights that broke very quickly. They should be getting free lights in my opinion, straight from the manufacturer.

mtbr member
    just ordered the BT40 and literally got it the next day (yesterday) from Amazon. Now just gotta find time to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    No, this change started long before the big qc issues. I mentioned it in the bt40s thread because my contact at nitefighter explained to me what was going down. Still crossing my fingers the new bt21s has the qc issues fixed and good to go like the first few batches of bt21s
    Like Sgt Joe Friday used to say, "The names have been changed to protect the guilty."

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    delete
    Last edited by Rb; 01-13-2016 at 09:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    This is from Amazon from the seller answering a question.
    A: Sorry, we are no longer use brand name Nitefighter since some issue with Streamlight. We changed our brand name to Revtronic. In the mean time, we also changed the packing so we can offer more competitive price. The product quality is same to before! see less
    SELLER Revtronic Direct | 12 months ago

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahooter1 View Post
    This is from Amazon from the seller answering a question.
    A: Sorry, we are no longer use brand name Nitefighter since some issue with Streamlight. We changed our brand name to Revtronic. In the mean time, we also changed the packing so we can offer more competitive price. The product quality is same to before! see less
    SELLER Revtronic Direct | 12 months ago
    I think most people here on this forum already know this ( above ). Would be nice to see the Revtronic BT40S product upgrade the emitters to Cree XP-G3 ( with tint/temp in the 4200 to 4500K range [ still neutral white ] ). I'm not sure if this tint/temperature range is available yet ( for XP-G3 ) but if you can get it almost everyone who already has one of these lamps with likely buy the upgraded XP-G3 version ( me included ) "IF", it becomes available . The BT40S continues to be a very popular lamp for handlebar use.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Revtronic is now selling their lights at Walmart and I can't find them on Amazon anymore. Interesting.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    There is a lot of brands in all markets pulling out of Amazon and trend will continue. What they put companies through that sell on there is insane not to mention how easy it is to "scam" the return system to get stuff for free, send back stuff we break etc.

Ive noticed products I bought previously that I wore out or broke and needed to replace just gone from there. All kinds of stuff.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.