Nite Rider 3000 or Lupine Wilma???- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: Wilma or Nite Rider 3000?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lupine Wilma

11 73.33%
  • Nite Rider 3000

4 26.67%
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Nite Rider 3000 or Lupine Wilma???

Which one and why? My riding is mix of commuting on a dedicated bike path (no cars) and tight single track with lots of quick elevation changes. Will be my only light. My LBS carries both. They've had issues with Nite Rider quality, but always had a quick response from the factory.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Reguardless of how good your light choice is i have to mention this,,,,,, carry a torch of some sort one that you could mount in a jam. Doesn't matter how good your light quality is, anything is possible. In that respect you kind of answered your own question. NR's do seem to have a lot of customer complaints. Yes it would be awesome to blaze the trails with 3000 lumens but at what cost? The Wilma is an awesome product in every way,yes it gets kicked in the output war vs the NR,but is a third the weight, longer run times, and has the best quality in the market today. For me it's a no brainer as i like to ride worry free at night. Cheers!!!

E-Moderator
    Apr 2004
    I have had the NR3000 for about 3months so far and I have used it almost everyday for at least an 1hr a day. The neat thing about NR is the 4 programmable modes + default. That means each mode you can choose up to 5 different light level. I have 3 programmable modes that I can change on the fly within 5secs. Any high beam above 1500lm on the NR3000 is very bright because the lenses are incredible wide & shoots out far.

I labeled my 1st programmable mode performance. The 1st push of the light button is 3000lm @ 1.5hr, the next push of the button is 900lm @ 5hr run time & 900lm is very bright. Then the push cycle starts again at 3000lm.

My 2nd mode I labeled endurance. 1st push of the button 2000lm @ 2:15hr, the next push 800lm @ 5:40hrs. Then the push cycle starts again at 2000lm.

My 3rd mode I labeled super endurance. The 1st push of the button 1500lm @ 3hrs, the next push 500lm @ 9hrs. Then the push cycle starts again.

Again 500lms on this NR3000 is very bright & I could downhill at a good pace at this level of light. At 3000lm the light is insanely bright!

Carbon & Ti rule
    I have not tried either but I have got a very good light with good spread for twisty & up & down trails.

My light is 3600 lumens on full power & has 9 XPG Leds in it & I'm sure it would beat thoses other 2 lights hands down.

It's a Nightlightning Iblast 9

New Page 1
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I have not tried either but I have got a very good light with good spread for twisty & up & down trails.

My light is 3600 lumens on full power & has 9 XPG Leds in it & I'm sure it would beat thoses other 2 lights hands down.

It's a Nightlightning Iblast 9

New Page 1
    Thats alot of light, how much does it cost?

mtbr member
    Lupine quality is second to NONE.Reliable workmanship, upgrade-able, consistent run times and best of all it has a reserve battery mode.My wife and i have a few Lupines including the Wilma and it is worth every cent. Gretna bikes in the USA is a great place to buy it from, amazing service every time up to Canada.
    FAT since 09.
    Fatties are year round bikes!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by techeez View Post
    Thats alot of light, how much does it cost?
    It is hard for me to say because it comes as so many options.

It can be made to run so many types of battery so you can buy it as light only & sort your own battery & charger.

They will run with 12v through to 14.8v but he can also make the light to run 11.1 v if you ask at the time he builds the light ( takes a week )

So if you have had light setups & the light is dead but you still have a battery pack this could be a good answer.

Send him a email he is very help full.

I think the light unit with mount is about 280 grams so it's nice & lite to.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand