Night riding LIGHT NEEDED! This?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Night riding LIGHT NEEDED! This?

Alright I have been going out kind of late and wanted to climb a local mt I normally do during the day. So I got a little cheapo light (does ok) but I tried traversing a side trail and well that was scary as hell pitch black! In either case I made it down just had to be very very cautious! haha I am on a budget most of us are! So I am looking at buying this light:

SolarStorm X2 U2 from FastTech. @ $39.25

Thoughts on U2 battery pack vs T6? why/why not also where can I get a better quality battery pack?

RAKC
    Battery pack is pretty much same thing, the u2 is the led, not the battery.

Better battery pack, just look for 18650 battery packs. Forget which brand of cells are best, but just find them from reputable company.

And you can find those lights and a ton of other options like then all over amazon and eBay. Same with the battery packs.

I'm starting to do research myself as to which to buy, but in mainly just after the housing. Use it stock while I sort out how to get the most light /run time I can get with chosen housing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Battery pack is pretty much same thing, the u2 is the led, not the battery.

Better battery pack, just look for 18650 battery packs. Forget which brand of cells are best, but just find them from reputable company.

And you can find those lights and a ton of other options like then all over amazon and eBay. Same with the battery packs.
    Ahh I thought the u2/t6 were the packs didn't know it applied to the lights... cons/pros?

I did find those lights all over amazon/ebay but I was reading reviews and the "Poor quality was bugging me" figure I might as well buy from a reputable site like "FastTech" this way if I have an issue I can send it back easy! Really only $20 more

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    The Yinding is a much better quality and proven light. Buy the light head and get a pack from Hunk Lee

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GJHS View Post
    The Yinding is a much better quality and proven light. Buy the light head and get a pack from Hunk Lee

Funny that was one I was considering but didn't like that it didn't have a water proof connector.

Where are the results/findings on that one?

RAKC
    Ya many have quality issues, most complaints are crappy battery. I'm just starting my research for trail lights. I have one of the $20 single led things, like the light, battery didn't last long. Its about to be my commuter light since my Princeton one just broke.

Just browse the lighting sub forum you'll find info all over the place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I spoke to soon I found the reviews.... trying to find some solid battery's now

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Shouldn't matter if I use a 4cell or 6/8 cell correct just longer battery life?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcjc119 View Post
    Funny that was one I was considering but didn't like that it didn't have a water proof connector.

Where are the results/findings on that one?
    If you go with the GearBest Yinding, the light is waterproof with click together connectors. Your choice of Cool White or Neutral White. Coupon code "Yinding" brings down the price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I would highly recommend the xeccon battery pack, I think the 5200 mah is under 40 bucks and includes a really nice battery bag. The hunk Lee stuff looks great but you will have to source some type of bag/enclosure. Not a problem for many of us that had some left over from junk chinese packs and can just swap them over but the xeccon is a more complete solution