Night-Nemesis,2200 measured lumens!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Night-Nemesis,2200 measured lumens!!

I just checked out a website, (www.Full-Beam.com) and saw a couple video's of there flagship light, the Night-Nemesis.They claim 2200 measured lumens.Looks like the same 7XPG board the Betty has.I'm guessing they have over driven the XPG's to achieve the 2200 lumen claim, which would explain the rather large lamp head for cooling.Haven't contacted them for pricing but there website info is suggesting there much more afordable than the Betty.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice to see others building and selling lights. It's just like the Betty or Troutie's 7 up light.
    The XPGs do have some throw issues. Troutie was using XPE for throw or a mix of both XPE and XPG.
    To get that lumen count they are using the rating of 7 XPG.
    Like the overall look of the light. Troutie's is a bit more stylish though.
    Would be interested in knowing which driver they have in there, maybe a custom or one of Taskled's flex series.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Had to check out Troutie's,7up build.Wow!!! Nice light.Defiantly more esthetically pleasing to the eyes than the Night-Nemesis.Guessing it's in the 2000 lumen range? Does he still sell these?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt
    I just checked out a website, (www.Full-Beam.com) and saw a couple video's of there flagship light, the Night-Nemesis.They claim 2200 measured lumens.
    Very impressive light. I like the website as well. The only negative comment I can come up with is that they didn't show a photo of / or describe the battery ( or am I missing something? ) Is the battery in the water bottle?

The beam shot photos were a very nice touch. I think the most interesting photo was in the comparison of the light in the mid mode using a wide optic. Output was 1300 lumen and said to run for 5 hrs. This would likely be the most usable setting IMO. Judging from this photo the output on medium looks very much like what I see when I'm using my triple XPG ( K-Lite ) on high. Oh high the output from a 7-up looks awesome. It almost eliminates the need for a helmet lamp.

It would be interesting to know what driver they are using as they advertise there are up to 5 user configurable settings. If anything, I would like to know more about that.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 08-08-2010 at 03:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    Very impressive light. I like the website as well. The only negative comment I can come up with is that they didn't show a photo of / or describe the battery ( or am I missing something? ) Is the battery in the water bottle?

The beam shot photos were a very nice touch. I think the most interesting photo was in the comparison of the light in the mid mode using a wide optic. Output was 1300 lumen and said to run for 5 hrs. This would likely be the most usable setting IMO. Judging from this photo the output on medium looks very much like what I see when I'm using my triple XPG ( K-Lite ) on high. Oh high the output from a 7-up looks awesome. It almost eliminates the need for a helmet lamp.

It would be interesting to know what driver they are using as they advertise there are up to 5 user configurable settings. If anything, I would like to know more about that.
    Thanx for the feedback on Trouties 7up.Ya they didn't have much info on the battery's other than a two hour and change run time on high,i suspect a 6 cell 7.5amh.Video and photo's looked very impressive though.Looks like more info on pricing and specs will need to be done through emails.
    Last edited by indebt; 08-08-2010 at 09:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanx for the feedback on Trouties 7up.Ya they didn't have much info on the battery's other than a two hour and change run time on high,i suspect a 6 cell 7.5amh.Video and photo's looked very impressive though.Looks like more info on pricing and specs will need to be done through emails.
    Oh dang it...sorry you posted minutes before me. I was talking about the other site. I edited my above post just before you posted again...sorry about that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Had to check out Troutie's,7up build.Wow!!! Nice light.Defiantly more esthetically pleasing to the eyes than the Night-Nemesis.Guessing it's in the 2000 lumen range? Does he still sell these?
    Troutie has his kit available through Cutter.
    Never heard of him not selling directly though.
    Drop him a PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Checked out Cutter website,just a little intimidating for someone like myself who is not savvy to all the tech that goes into these DIY kits.Guess thats why i spend the big bucks for a commercial brand to do it for me.If it's at all profitable,or worth it to the talented DIYers out there, could in the future see more huge lumen products with high quality builds taking a chunk out of the high end light market like Troutie/Scar/Trailled/etc.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If it's at all profitable,or worth it to the talented DIYers out there, could in the future see more huge lumen products with high quality builds taking a chunk out of the high end light market like Troutie/Scar/Trailled/etc.
    The "boutique" light builders here offer the same thing that "boutique" bike builders offer. The user that wants something custom or unique will look for options outside the mass market. Want a custom mix of emitters or optics? Want a level of support that blows the big guys away? That's what you get from the "boutique" light builders.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Checked out Cutter website,just a little intimidating for someone like myself who is not savvy to all the tech that goes into these DIY kits.Guess thats why i spend the big bucks for a commercial brand to do it for me.If it's at all profitable,or worth it to the talented DIYers out there, could in the future see more huge lumen products with high quality builds taking a chunk out of the high end light market like Troutie/Scar/Trailled/etc.
    Sorry you guys,after re-reading my post it sounded like i was referring to taking a chunk out of your buisinesses, when i meant the high end commercial lights.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by odtexas
    Nice to see others building and selling lights. It's just like the Betty or Troutie's 7 up light.
    The XPGs do have some throw issues.
    Hi ODTexas, we've uploaded some more beamshots on the website http://www.full-beam.com/WideNarrow.htm which shows that the light illuminates the building in the distance (180m). Shutter speed was a bit quicker than standard for these shots as we were trying to highlight the core of the beam, standard settings are over exposed at these light levels. Kind Regards, Marc

mtbr member
    The more I see of this light the more I like it. Unfortunately I'm not in the market at this time for a new bar light so my comments are basically peanut gallery in nature. First, I understand the photos were taken just to highlight beam pattern. With that thought in mind they are very impressive but to keep things on the up and up I have to remind others that you should not use these photo's to *judge throw. ( http://www.full-beam.com/WideNarrow.htm ) Grass is a highly reflective surface so expect to see differences once you take the light onto the trails. Take almost any LED light in a grass field and the throw looks much better than on dirt trails. Now with all that said if I was in the market and wanted an absolutely kick-ass light I would definitely consider one of these lights. I think if it came with a remote like the Lupines it would probably be a slam-dunk.

Wow, I just had an interesting idea. Wouldn't it be nice to see a real shoot-out with the all the 7-up lights on the same ( photo ) playing field.

mtbr member
    I just thought I should add that I think their beam shots look accurate to me.

I bult a couple of 7ups last year and posted a beam shot here ( Sorry, grass again ) http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=33

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It's always good to get some feedback, even if you're not looking to buy at this moment in time.

I agree about grass, it gives reasonably good reflection, but the main reason for using it was that it was a flat even area to highlight the beam shape, we even reduced the shutter speed by 1 second off standard to reduce the exposure of the shot.

With regard to a remote - Our aim is to offer the best light available that still offers value for money. A remote switch adds cost plus a weak point in the event of a crash. We've chosen the integrated switch as it keeps the assembly and component cost down and is inherently better protected being secured in the housing as opposed to hanging on a flying lead. It is all down to personal preference in the end.

We'd love to get an opportunity to compare our lights' beamshots to those of other manufacturerws in the same conditions/scene/etc. Doing this ourselves would be unfeasibly expensive. We have supplied MBUK 2 sets for review, hopefully they use the same setup for any beamshot photos they publish for all lights they review. Our lights should be in the December edition, which is published early to mid November.

If a magazine is interested in conducting the above review, we'd be more than happy to supply a set of lights, I think the problem maybe getting the manufacturers who make light output claims based on preferential lab conditions maybe reluctant to support such a test.

We've had independent people who ride Lupine Betty's confidently state that these are far better without any prompting/bribery/underhand techniques!

The boys we sponsor love them. They just finished on the podium again, in Relentless 24 at Fort William. 1 lap behind the Scottish champ and his race team and 4 laps ahead of 3rd place. Nice one boys!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Remote switches are Ok, Lupine do them, as so Exposure, and all Luminous lights should be compatible with a remote switch.

Imo, its a convenient feature, being able to switch settings without removing your hand from the handle bar.

www.luminouslights.co.uk

Members who have read this thread: 0