Nice deal on Piko ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Nice deal on Piko ?

Can someone please translate for me in a simple English what does "DEMO SPECIAL!"
    means ?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eranpeled View Post
    Can someone please translate for me in a simple English what does "DEMO SPECIAL!"
    means ?

Thanks.
    "Demo" is supposed to mean demonstration, as in demonstration model..ie "used".
    Good thing I clicked onto the link ( Geoman ) you gave because the offer really makes no sense. I mean, why would you want a Piko with 7.5 Ah battery? The Piko is designed to be helmet mounted as is the 2.5Ah battery it usually comes with. No way you're going to mount a 7.5Ah battery to your helmet. Now because it doesn't include an extension cable or a bar mount I have no idea how you would use it. You'll have to contact Geoman to get the low-down ( or just buy directly from Gretna )

FWIW, "Demo" in my book should mean "barely used, so less money". Having the larger battery with no way to use it makes no sense unless I'm missing something. I mean, "Where's the deal"?! You're paying about $59 more..

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Now because it doesn't include an extension cable or a bar mount I have no idea how you would use it. You'll have to contact Geoman to get the low-down ( or just buy directly from Gretna )
    According to the ad there is a 4' extension cable included. Which makes alot more sense.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by triplep View Post
    According to the ad there is a 4' extension cable included. Which makes alot more sense.
    Yes it does but it is still a lot of money. Good if you're into 6 hr epic night rides using high. Now if you just bought a standard Piko with the small helmet battery you could always buy another larger battery and extension cable later or just buy more of the smaller batteries which would be the easier solution. I mean if you're going to lug the heavier battery you could also power a larger light...whatever.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Demo special,...
    term is lot's of times used, to describe a offering,
    better price then MFG retail price,...
    used for demo,
    still with MFG warranty,
    to clear stock,
    to offer additional function , parts or product with it .
    do have a demo,...
    most people, rather have the new car smell,...

cheers, Rob mtbl.robs-x

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks...

mtbr member
    Usually the way I work our pool of demo systems is that once every three or four months I will sell most of them off. These systems generally get used once or twice a week for a few hours and generally have one or two 12 or 24hr races monthly. I like to rotate them so none really have time to get all scraped up and whatnot, I believe your equipment should always look as good as it functions. (the Marine Corps taught me that one) I have never had to replace or repair a demo system that we have sold.

When we do sell them, the systems come with Baja Designs full life-time warranty on all of the electronics/parts and two year battery warranty. I am pretty sure most companies will give you the same warranty that they have on brand new systems.

Pricing can vary a little bit, but I usually sell them at races or at demo rides for well below retail. That's probably more of an answer than you really wanted, but now you know the mysterious inner workings of a bicycle lighting demo pool

Shannon

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    :-)