Newbie Wants to Bomb at Night- HELP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Newbie Wants to Bomb at Night- HELP

Riding for about a year. Looking to try and get out when the sun goes down. Will probably stay off the technical, downhill, freefall stuff for a bit but fire roads and nice singletrack are a must. Oh, and I'm a cheap college kid.

So what should I get going guys? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Last night I went shuttling with a big group in the pitch black on our local DH mountain. The trails are rough and steep, and we get about 400 meters in elevation. Our last run was around 12:30/1AM.

We had guys running anything from 100 lumen halogens to 900 lumen ARCs. 200 lumen LEDS are pretty popular and affordable and throw plenty of light to go real fast, but there are more and more 600 to 900 lumen lights starting to show up for the rides.

We all strap our lights to the sides of our chin guards on our full face helmets. No one puts lights on their bars. There are just too many tight switchbacks, jumps, and crashes to make a bar mounted light even useful.

So, don't be afraid to go downhilling in the dark! It could be one of the funnest experiences I've ever had!

Chris.

Members who have read this thread: 0