New Yinding- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Yinding

RAKC

New Yinding

Alright being the megathread revolving around the models of yinding up till this latest version, a proper review is needed. GB sent me a new blue version for review. They asked me for this review and not receiving "compensation" besides the lighthead.

Yinding 900 Lumens CREE XM L2 2 LEDs 4 Modes Headlight Cycling Lamp ( Neutral White )-33.14 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Thank GHJS for the work he put in getting the yinding be close to what we wanted.

Also being all the questions arising regarding these lights (gaining attention) Gearbest has set up for me to offer new code.

Promo code for the new anodized versions is still "yinding".

I will commence review starting tomorrow of all my "tests" up to and including acceptance of the basic mods. And if trails are open next weekend (weather pending) I will do a video, "how it rides" narrated review while riding.

edit: I have removed some information temporarily, new group buy and continued availability of yinding (including new products) is confused atm. Ill fix and repost full info once I have it.
    Last edited by tigris99; 04-20-2015 at 12:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Thank GHJS for the work he put in getting the yinding be close to what we wanted.
    Close? People didn't want a chance to buy the Original Yinding, a neutral version, upgraded emitters, button and mount?

Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Also being all the questions arising regarding these lights (gaining attention) Gearbest has set up for me to offer new code. Promo code for the new anodized versions is still "yinding".
    I will commence review starting tomorrow of all my "tests" up to and including acceptance of the basic mods. And if trails are open next weekend (weather pending) I will do a video, "how it rides" narrated review while riding.
    Tigris let me caution you that you're dealing with a new person at GB. The coupon "yindingnew" is higher prices than the original "Yinding" which is still active. Also there is no group buy price, the coupon is the lowest. They wanted to find another reviewer and sent the blue for testing. The mods were minimal so, it's not quite "new" unless a button and mount make it new.

RAKC
    Ya I wasn't sure sent u a pm. But figure ill do a "formal review".

As for close, we had all discussed more stuff being done, so hence the "close". Got the important ones covered but I wasn't sure if anything else had been changed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Well there was some talk about modifying the driver as well, IIRC; did this ever come through? Am not refering to the 10-mode KD style, but wonder whether Yinding was able to hide Off as was requested.

Thanks, am looking forward to hearing more about the newer anodized version.

RAKC
    I dont know exactly ill know tomorrow. I do feel guilty a bit now , this was GJHS' baby, but this is my "test run". Hoping this didn't upset him and I do a good job. I enjoy this (long story behind my thing with leds) and the opportunity to test products is awesome.

Guess me and my rep will be learning together on this process but beyond doing the review, the yinding is Gjhs' pet project (I thought maybe he was "done" with it) so unless he says otherwise, the rest (group buy etc) ill leave up to him for this light.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    No don't worry, I'm working for the forum. Have to say I wasn't so happy that GB decided to just ignore me on this after 5 months of work and I definitely let them know that. When its all said and done, it's about taking this light as far as we can and I haven't given up on the custom Yinding yet.

If I can ask a favor, please post your review on the original thread. I just think in time, it will be better to have a large, searchable thread rather than a few small ones.

RAKC
    Ya that I can do, no problem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Also tigris if you could post a link in ledoman's New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2015 thread that would be helpful.

GJHS, how much is the anodized YD on GB with the coupon code now?

Thanks again, appreciate all the effort that went into this. Glad to know there will be Yindings in stock for the foreseeable future so my riding buds can STOP SWIPING MINE.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ok, so if I ordered the blue yinding 10 days ago, I will be getting the revised version, correct?

RAKC
    Yeah.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ok good, I wouldn't be too concerned but I hate when I buy something and they update it or drop the price right after

One Gear
    What specifically is "New"?

RAKC
    Read up^^

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What's the point of starting a new thread? Because they sent you a free light? Starting a new thread just adds confusion. And why are you posting coupon codes. I hope Gearbest doesn't think you are the new point man for the forum. That's GJHS role until he relinquishes it. We definitely don't need more than one. The situation already seems delicate enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GJHS View Post
    No don't worry, I'm working for the forum. Have to say I wasn't so happy that GB decided to just ignore me on this after 5 months of work and I definitely let them know that. When its all said and done, it's about taking this light as far as we can and I haven't given up on the custom Yinding yet.
    Well this doesn't sound good, are they still ignoring you?

RAKC
    There was a big mess of lack of communication so I was under the impression I was doing these now.

And all is taken care of now and sorted out. I'll be doing a simple review on the other thread and ill help GJHS with the project if he needs it.

Lets just let this thread die now please.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ah OK, maybe you have the mods lock or delete the thread