New lights Coming- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017

New lights Coming

M-Tiger Sports lighting systems.

www.rakclighting.com

Sneak Peek of what's coming. As promised, I would find lights worthy of filling the role of actually affordable but not junk, has support and so on. Lights from a brand that has a solid history and some actual unique designs. And these are just the MTB product line. USB lights, headlamps and flashlights will be coming soon as well. This brand is the actual oem manufacturer (not every piece contracted out or bought from other suppliers) so updates/changes in some areas can be done fairly quickly.

More details to come, in true MTBR style I run all through my sphere and other test equipment etc.

-Lights use band mount standard, will include gopro mount adapter
    -wireless remote system (wired remote version is available, if enough requested we can get both)
    -changeable optics (we will have them factory set up to what was requested 99.9% of the time previously)
    - larger battery packs for the larger lights, not restricted to 4 cell only
    -5000k Cree XM-L2 U3
    -Entire back side of lights are large fins running laterally

More pics to come

M Tiger Sports DS 1800 lumens, 2 emitter, price around $160
    1634 lumens actual
    Weight 74g

M Tiger Sports Theia 2800 lumens, 3 emitter, price around $185
    2641 lumens actual
    Weight 88g

M tiger Sports Hyperion 3500 lumens, 4 emitter, price around $225
    3107 lumens (light was too wide for proper set up in sphere, so lumens are likely 3200-3300)
    Weight 108g

Www.rakclighting.com

More pics soon but extra pics are ones they sent showing remote and gopro mount adapter. Gopro handlebar mount I convinced them to put on the to-do list.

As always we will be taking care of all customer service (including warranties) on site for them.

Please keep thread on topic and respectful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RAKC Ind; 01-18-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Current draw of mtigersports mountain bike lights (Amps):

Hyperion: 5.4, 2.9, 1.4, 0.6

Theia: 3.6, 2.1, 1.0, 0.3

DS: 2.2, 1.5, 0.9, 0.5

Optics are somewhat common (us regulars here recognize them). Beams say 15, 30, 45, 60. They are the ones with 4 little tabs that lock onto the emitter base (pic below). 15/30 mix is what will be fitted. DS one of each, Theia 2x15 1x30, hyperion 2 of each.

All battery packs are flat style with heavy duty pouches. Wide velcro to secure them closed. Finally, backpack/jersey pocket flat battery packs.

All packs use Samsung cells (confirmed)

All packs are cross compatible between lights

Use threaded style connectors so yes, MS style will work with them. Wire used is much more flexible and "soft" as well as internally shielded.

Battery Pack Weights

DS 4 cell: 256g
    Theia 6 cell: 372g
    Hyperion 8 cell: 484g

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 01-18-2018 at 05:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Subscribed.
    Any idea on time frame? Looking to pull the trigger on a new light for the season shortly.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Pre-orders opening soon. Will probably be end of month, early November by the time they get to us. We had changes made (gopro adapter which they had already designed but not produced yet and LED spec change to 5000k) from normal OEM specs, so extra bit of time to get produced and to us.

mtbr member
    Interesting looking light-head design. Look forward to seeing a little more information on these lights.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Are those the prices for a kit (including battery) or just the lighthead?

Looks very promising.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Estimate on pricing for full kits, may be a little higher but within $10.

Oh and packs use Samsung cells, not some random cheap cells.

mtbr member
    Will be interesting to see how the wireless remote works. Just looking at the 4-up in your hand, there doesn't look to be a lot of metal. I can't help but wonder how hot these are going to get. Still, I like the idea of a 4-straight-in-line LED configuration. Can't wait to hear the weights of the different lamps.

What kind of connectors can we expect?

I'm going to assume that you are going to be selling different optics for these as well. I'm not a big fan of the "honeycomb" type flood lenses. A standard flood lens would likely be better.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Pics arent in my hand, thats engineer at the factory. I have a ds and theia on way to play with till full shipment is ready.

IIRC MS style connectors, otherwise threaded version. They use both depending on the product (headlamp is threaded)

And material thickness isnt so much an issue as surface area. Dont think these will get any hotter than any other light. But we will see. Better surface spread than round ones at least.

Thats just sample layout for optics. Ive changed that already

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    There's a Carclo triple optic in that picture, does it belong to a bike light?

Do those lights have the led's mounted on stars?

Will the optics be easily swapped?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    There's a Carclo triple optic in that picture, does it belong to a bike light?

Do those lights have the led's mounted on stars?

Will the optics be easily swapped?
    they could be used in a bike light. But like me they do more than play with bike lights . I have a bunch of carclo triple and quad optics (2 S+, red and blue that are triples lol)

As for details like stars, dont know yet but not something most are concerned with vs having a single PCB for all emitters together. Highly doubt their on stars.

And as I mentioned earlier, I dont hav3 one in hand just yet, be here in a few days.

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    they could be used in a bike light. But like me they do more than play with bike lights . I have a bunch of carclo triple and quad optics (2 S+, red and blue that are triples lol)

As for details like stars, dont know yet but not something most are concerned with vs having a single PCB for all emitters together. Highly doubt their on stars.

And as I mentioned earlier, I dont hav3 one in hand just yet, be here in a few days.

I thought that there was a light you didn't mention, the one to the right of the remote. Or is that something else?

Two Carclo sized lights on the helmet would be awesome. I spotted some Nichia 219BT 90 cri emitters on sale for a buck a piece, just need to find a host for them before they sell out.

I'm hoping for stars on the new lights, so tired of xml2 lights and want to experiment with something else.

Are these lights a new brand you are starting up or is someone else already selling them?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    No one is selling them yet, they are brand new. Existing brand manufacturer, these are their new MTB lights.

A small carclo triple would be awesome bar light but not so sure about helmet light, too little throw IME. I had an old mj880 clone i converted to dual triples on the frosted spot optic that was nice.

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 10-15-2017 at 07:40 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ....A small carclo triple would be awesome bar light but not so sure about helmet light, too little throw IME.
    A bit off topic, but the lights I made with the small form factor Carclo optics had little throw with XPG emitters. Actually none of the light designs I made (3 of them) using Carclo optics had a decent beam. All flood and beyond ~50 feet there was not much light.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Looking forward to hearing/seeing more on these lights. I assume they will also be available as light head only too.

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Light head only I dont know about yet. Won't be at first but possibly in the future. Light head only has never been popular. Ill post up if they become available.

Pre-orders are open, working on getting detailed specs posted for all of them. Got the ok to do a good discount (15%) for Pre-orders and pricing is what I thought it would be.

https://www.rakclighting.com/collections/mountain-bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Light head only I dont know about yet. Won't be at first but possibly in the future. Light head only has never been popular. Ill post up if they become available.

Pre-orders are open, working on getting detailed specs posted for all of them. Got the ok to do a good discount (15%) for Pre-orders and pricing is what I thought it would be.

https://www.rakclighting.com/collections/mountain-bike

Awesome to see new lights on the market. Do you offer a kit with a lighter 2 cell battery and helmet battery mount for a helmet setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    We're working on those things. We dont have control of all of whats available right this minute. 2 cell packs with helmet mounting ability is "custom" variation we are working on.

The wireless remote, gopro mounts and different emitters were the main points we worried about first.

Small battery pack for helmet use will come soon, just not quite yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Nice lights, the brand is quite popular in Europe, they have been around for some years. High quality lights, no cheap China-stuff.
    Some info can be found on their homepage:

Products List

Co Springs
    That two lens 1800 lumen sounds competitive.
    I probably paid $80 for a 750 lu but not likely that battery life as mine is not a remote battery pack.
    It appears dollar for dollar, you'll have an enticing market and hopefully some happy reviewers to get the snowball rolling.

Last edited by bachman1961; 10-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Interesting light design. I'm very curious how they look internaly. Good they have wireless remote. Good find!

BTW. I've seen battery packs advertized as Samsung cells. Wondering exactly which ones since the calculations gives me 2800mAh per cell. The only ones I know are ICR18650-28A the 4.3V cells. Would be interesting if they are really using that voltage.

Also by watching output graph they are very likely using regulated constant power driver which radicaly steps down at some point. This is tipicaly for regulated drivers. Of course I might be wrong, though.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    Nice lights, the brand is quite popular in Europe, they have been around for some years. High quality lights, no cheap China-stuff.
    Some info can be found on their homepage:

Products List
    Thanks Wire. Nice to see some good feedback from EU users, makes me feel more comfortable bringing them into the US.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ok all of my set has arrived. Wired remote versions but Im ok with that.

First I decided to try the headlamp (no a thing for most here, but wanted one since we camp and such). Had to change the power steering pump in my CRV. Their normal tint spec for this light isnt bad at all. Not as warm as I prefer normally but for a 700 lumen headlamp its quite nice and not blinding.

Then took a quick couple pics of the triple emitter version, Theia. Thing is really light and the entire rear of the light you see is huge fins.

Ill work on getting tests and all that fun stuff done over the next few days. Posted specs for just messing around seem fairly accurate except Theia accidentally says 3000, think its more around 2400-2500ish.

Final pic is just everything in the case (the DS)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Definitely interested in these lights. Can you answer a couple of questions please:

Are the honeycomb looking lights the flood flights? If so, would I expect the Hyperion to have more throw than the Theia, but both having the same kind of close range glow? I thought I read above that you were not using the honeycomb lens.

Will you have any pictures of the lights in action outside anytime soon?

How long will your pre-order deal of 15% off last? These lights seem to be exactly what I need, but would like to see them in action first.

Are the published weights on the mTiger website close for these? For only $20 more, the bigger light and battery of the Hyperion would be great. I want to use this as a helmet light, so weight is important.

It looks like the lumen values on the mTiger website graphs are more appropriate than what is on the box. Any chance you will be able to test that to see if it is true?

Thanks - BS

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Literally everything you asked about will be answered over the next several days including lumen output. Beam shots, ride video, detailed specs, everything. Pre-orders only good till first shipment arrives in a couple weeks

90% of all info will be put into the first 2 posts of the thread for easy reference.

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 10-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    When possible can you compare size of the three emitter to say an ituo 3 emitter Light. This looks smaller and lighter to me based on the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Is a fair bit lighter, but slightly taller and wider (the extra "fins" around the perimeter).

Ill do a side by side of it, xp3 and xs tomorrow (as well as ds, xp2, x2)

Did put lumen numbers and weights in the OP.

Got really cold and windy really fast this evening so didnt get to pics of lights mounted and such. Time to dig out cool weather gear.

Here is a pic though of the wireless version. The wireless controller replaces the wired remote then of course you have wireless remote to put anywhere.

Remotes both ways are 2 button, up and down through 4 modes.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ok here is the Theia, XP3 and XS together

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'd be interested in a lighthead only option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Road View Post
    I'd be interested in a lighthead only option.
    Which one are you looking at???
    Mole

mtbr member
    I'm interested to hear how the UI works- It looks like 4 levels + flash, but not sure how you go from one to the other and if you can program them.

mtbr member
    QUOTE=Ofroad'bent;13392106]I'm interested to hear how the UI works- It looks like 4 levels + flash, but not sure how you go from one to the other and if you can program them.
    Me too! I've seen no mention of programmability so assume it's just presets (100%/75%/50%/25%/flash from the MTiger website which doesn't match their bar graphs of preset output levels so?). Nicely spaced preset levels is OK with me, especially if the +/- on the wireless remote means you can scroll up and down. Battery weights?, current draw?, thermal protection type and resistance to heat buildup? After seeing the excellent sphere results will have to impatiently wait for full specs. Can feel an itch in my "add to cart" finger.
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quick answers to the UI

No programming

Flash is hidden, only accessible from off

Buttons are up and down through the 4 modes, either one will turn lights on/off

DO NOT do what I accidentally did, plug DS into theia/hyperion remote..... have a new resistor on the way to fix that remote lol. Remotes all look the same, but are labelled as to which light.

Got my gopro stem mounts machined to correct tolerances, DS on the stem, Theia on the helmet (for the new ppl, yeap I role just the opposite of the norm, more power on the lid)

Sorry Mole, gonna have to "weight" . Packs are pretty normal weights considering cell counts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Is that an aftermarket bag holding bats?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    No thats the pouch they come in. Flat 18650 packs. Finally ones that are more hydropack/jersey pocket friendly lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Interesting lights. Have you tested their heat shedding capabilities? Beam pattern?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Im playing with them dont worry

Havent managed to cause one to kick down yet with air moving at all (its pretty cool here so any air flow is enough), haven't made it as far as letting one sit to see how it behaves yet.

And beam pattern is subjective, they use optics that can be changed. I happened to have some already so I could tweak to make sure my requested specs give the beam I expected.

mtbr member
    Quick answers to the UI

No programming

Flash is hidden, only accessible from off

Buttons are up and down through the 4 modes, either one will turn lights on/off

DO NOT do what I accidentally did, plug DS into theia/hyperion remote..... have a new resistor on the way to fix that remote lol. Remotes all look the same, but are labelled as to which light.

4 levels is fine, especially if you can go up and down. Hidden flash is perfect.
    Just not sure how low the low is- there seem to be different specs on different sites.

mtbr member
    Sub

mtbr member
    Which lamp is going to have the best throw for helmet use? Is the four emitter lamp overkill on the helmet with a bt40 clone on the bars? Is it too heavy? If itís really less than 50g heavier than the 2 emitter unit, I donít see weight as an issue. Obviously Iíll have to run a cord to the battery in my pack. Thanks for your help.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    @GJHS- I CANT OVER HEAT THEM lol!
    Seems thermal protection is set near 85C. Hyperion @70F left sitting on my desk for 30 minutes head hit 201F, no step down, just hung out there. Theia was about the same. DS on my bike, temps about 55F, I could hold it 10 minutes later (sitting in my garage)

These things are right up Mole's alley. I can't overheat them to thermal step down without a hot, sunny day, which those are over for the year

Posted pics and spec details on second OP. All the battery pack details, current draws, optics.

Pic is an accessory they have, tiny "backpack" for the battery packs. Will get some at some point after I try one and see what all its useful for.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    Which lamp is going to have the best throw for helmet use? Is the four emitter lamp overkill on the helmet with a bt40 clone on the bars? Is it too heavy? If itís really less than 50g heavier than the 2 emitter unit, I donít see weight as an issue. Obviously Iíll have to run a cord to the battery in my pack. Thanks for your help.
    Since all lights have the same optics more or less, max throw comes down to lumens.

I actually plan to try the Hyperion on the helmet, weighs the same as either of my triples ( XP3) which is what I have been using for my helmet for some time now.

How much you need is personal preference though. Some will find the DS enough, others would find the Hyperion more fitting for what they ride.

mtbr member
    QUOTE=RAKC Ind
    @GJHS- I CANT OVER HEAT THEM lol!
    Seems thermal protection is set near 85C. Hyperion @70F left sitting on my desk for 30 minutes head hit 201F, no step down, just hung out there.
    If you accidently touch that it will leave a mark!
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    If you accidently touch that it will leave a mark!
    +1 on that.

I would not want a light that can get that hot.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    That temp was a reading in the center of the back fins. Outermost surfaces on top were around 180F. I touched the head several times throughout and no burns. Though my hands are likely more heat resistant than most.

And that too was the 3200 lumen light with no air flow for almost 20 minutes to get THAT hot. I could lay my hand on the DS after 10 minutes no air flow (but in the 50s Fahrenheit )

Didnt think to take a still pic or 2 but got some video from tonight's ride. Worked GREAT. Trails I rode are newer and half are just completed sections I had never ridden so I was riding easy/rolling everything the first lap. Second lap (no camera) as always I could read my lines ahead with power being on the helmet and hit a couple smaller drops and several rollers. Not a step above or below any other matching light combo but the 2 button remotes are really nice. As is no flash before turning off.

mtbr member
    $25 for 1k more lumens & only 14 more grams. Theia could be a real winner. Finning looks like more machining than the average light.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Any ETA on when preorders will ship out?

mtbr member
    Repeat/follow up question. Iím ab to place my order. I need help choosing between the Hyperion and the Theia. My gut says go big, but I donít have any experience with lights this large or bright. Are there any major disadvantages to the Hyperion?

I currently use two 680 lumen cygolites, which are not bright enough to ride fast. Iím replacing the bar light with a bt40 and the helmet light with the rakc. Thanks.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The only difference between the 2 are lumens (and light head size/weight) and battery pack. Everything is literally the same beyond that.

Thats why I replied your down to preference based on what you ride. If you ride tight and twisty wooded trails the hyperion is going to be insane overkill.

I road last night with the Mtiger sports Theia on the helmet in tight and twisty, highest I went was level 3 on second lap for a short time and that was hitting small drops and rollers at speed. First lap just cruising was low or medium on both the entire ride.

If you ride where you have a line of site (and trails allow speed to match) of 50-75 yds or more for much of the ride then Mtigersports Hyperion would become useful.

Thats the thing, people can give you ideas and examples of what they use and why, hard to tell you "yes you need this specific lumens and beam pattern".

Thats my thoughts. With a 1600 rated (1300ish actual) bar light, I dont see a reason to need more than a Theia and doubt youll use more than the level 3.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 01-18-2018 at 05:44 PM.

mtbr member

Tell me more...

I'm thinking about buying one of these but I need some more info. Interested in the Hyperion. What's the weight comparison between it and the ITUO XP3? What are the mounting options. Would be nice if there is a Gopro type mount ( or Vancbiker mount compatible ).

When ordering is there going to be a place where you can choose which optics you want? Likely I'll want all spots but I'll order a couple floods as well.

Last question, this was asked by others but not sure there was an answer; Is there going to be a "lighthead only" option when ordering?

On a side note, I've noticed more lamps now are starting to use the goofy threaded connectors. How nice it would be if someone started to sell an adapter that connects to both the threaded and non-threaded. I'm actually thinking of taking one of my cheap Solarstorm type batteries, cutting off the female side and splicing in a Magicshine type connecter. It won't look pretty but it should work. Ehh...FWIW, I've been using the XP3 threaded connector with a standard MS type for over a year and have never had an accidental disconnection. Maybe I'll just forget the adapter idea for now.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one of these but I need some more info. Interested in the Hyperion. What's the weight comparison between it and the ITUO XP3? What are the mounting options. Would be nice if there is a Gopro type mount ( or Vancbiker mount compatible ).

When ordering is there going to be a place where you can choose which optics you want? Likely I'll want all spots but I'll order a couple floods as well.

Last question, this was asked by others but not sure there was an answer; Is there going to be a "lighthead only" option when ordering?

On a side note, I've noticed more lamps now are starting to use the goofy threaded connectors. How nice it would be if someone started to sell an adapter that connects to both the threaded and non-threaded. I'm actually thinking of taking one of my cheap Solarstorm type batteries, cutting off the female side and splicing in a Magicshine type connecter. It won't look pretty but it should work. Ehh...FWIW, I've been using the XP3 threaded connector with a standard MS type for over a year and have never had an accidental disconnection. Maybe I'll just forget the adapter idea for now.

Details on your first questions are in the OP. XP3 weighs 110g IIRC. Gopro adapters they just started production when I asked about mount options. That's why the only gopro adapter picture is one that's not anodized.

Optics not for a while, optics have never been a manufacturer supplied matter, we sourced those ourselves and offered all that at our own expense. Wont be done (not for free, these optics are way more expensive) with these lights but once we can source the optics, options will be available.

Light head only option is not available normally from them. It was being discussed thats why there hasnt been amln answer yet. There is so little interest in light head only options. We will probably have them in the future, just not right now.

The connector matter, as I said earlier in the thread, work fine with MS connectors, however nut wont work at all with these ones (same end as SS threaded, just much better quality wire). Truly MS style connectors are dying out. Some cheap stuff, seem glowworm and gemini are all that's left. MS doesnt even look like they used them anymore.

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 10-28-2017 at 07:29 AM.

mtbr member
    So I went for the overkill Hyperion. I justified it thinking my wife can use it on her dirt bike too. Tnx

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Funny you should mention dirt bikes. They make lights for that purpose as well (12v capable)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Are stock lenses somewhat similar to those 15,45,60 lenses at LEDDNA? I mean both has some sort of legs to fit over XM-L2 leds base. I've got one set of those LEDDNA and can measure dimensions if needed in order to see if they fit (for any reason).

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Those are the ones used but there are many more options than just those 3. Those 3 are what came in my samples. But their ratings for angles are a bit off. The 45 is actually 25-30, the 60 is actually about 45. Ellipitical versions are available too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Good to know. It is nice to have so many options in order to set desired beam pattern.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    We wont have options available for a little while yet. Their expensive optics. So the "15" and "30" combo are the ones installed from the factory.

The 45s really spread the light out (very wide flood), not a popular beam pattern. But I will get them as soon as possible for those that want them, along with other optics.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Heres a video segment. Kind of boring, I apologize, too much new trail I hadnt ridden yet. Should have ridden this lap first then done video.

This is nothing more than lvl 2 on both lights, as I said before, hit lvl 3 once the lid for really fast segment on my second lap.

Will try to get out in the next couple days and get better video

https://youtu.be/aVhukgDsoGg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice video. Did you change out the optics from what is shown in the pictures in the first post? Did you ride with 3 15s and 1 30?

Any chance you will put out some static shots of the lights? I'm really wanting to buy one of the Hyperions, but would love to see what it looks like on a still shot compared to the Theia.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Didnt ride with the hyperion at all. That was Theia on the helmet, DS on the bars.

The lights I have right now are only test samples. So yes optics were changed but not to that specific set up.

Optic are something that can be changed later as well.

I dont have a "static" shot of the Hyperion next to the Theia right now. They look exactly the same except hyperion is wider since it has 4 emitters.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sorry, I probably didn't use the correct terminology. What I would like to see is just a still shot of the Theia shining down a good representative dark stretch of land and the same for the Hyperion both on high level.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Not sure when Ill have time to get beam shots done. Its rather cold (go from almost 80 for highs to 20s at night in the course of 3 days) and windy right now. And cameras cant do a side by side accurately the way your asking (why they arent ever done that way) so it becomes a time consuming process.

Other issue is I dont have enough optics right now to make all lights have the same beam patterns for fair comparison. Each would need exactly the same optics to be accurate.

Ill do beam shots (I always do) once I have what is needed to do so. Optics, time, and not 40mph winds while well below freezing lol.

Just for a "point of reference", the hyperion will be brighter/more throw than the Theia, thats always a given. More lumens= brighter/more throw. Its what beam pattern those lumens are put into that can change that to a point. If all 3 have "15 deg" optics, aka narrow spot, then the one with the most lumens will have the most throw.

If all have the 45/flood optics then the most lumens wins for overall brightness.

But if you put 2 15s in the DS and all 45s in the hyperion, the DS will win for throw by far, but in close you would have no idea its even on with the hyperion flooding the nearby area with bright light.

As all of us "regulars" always say:
    Its not all about the lumens, its how they are used.

In a light with changeable optics, that becomes very subjective.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to seeing the comparisons. And again, not really wanting a true side by side, just replace the current light with the other, like what is done with most beam shots.

mtbr member
    Dang it. I thought I asked this question but after reading through the whole thread it seems I didn't ...so: When turning the lamps off using the wireless remotes, is there a delay? Does it go through a sequence of flash before turning off?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Yes there is a little bit of a delay. As I had posted earlier, flash is hidden only accessible from off. Off is a press and hold for a couple seconds nothing more

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Subscribed.

mtbr member
    Not sure when Ill have time to get beam shots done. Its rather cold (go from almost 80 for highs to 20s at night in the course of 3 days) and windy right now.

Burrrrrr!

Did you ever get around to testing the DS for current draw? What optics were each light equipped with when you ran them through your sphere? (if you remember). Thanks!
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    I forgot about the DS, it was on my bike and still is lol.

Optics are set up as I requested them. 1 narrow (15) 1 wide (30) for ds, 2 narrow and 1 wide on theia and 2 of each in hyperion. Hyperion readings I know are low, sphere cant take one that wide without putting it inside.... which is what I did lol.

Ill get the current draw on the DS tonight, thanks for reminding me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    A stupid electrical question for you. I have an engineering background, and can understand with an increased current draw, your voltage typically drops. But having more cells in parallel in the battery packs, I assume somewhat mitigates this when moving from the 2 to 3 to 4 emitter systems.

So it seems to my ideal thinking brain, that the 3 emitter would be roughly 50% more lumens than the 2 emitter, and that the 4 emitter would be 100% more lumens than the 2 emitter, while the 4 being 33% more than the 3. That seems true between the 2 and 4 emitter, but the 3 emitter is roughly 62% larger than the 2, and 4 is only 23% more than the 3. Is something going on with the 3 that seems to make it an outlier? Or am I totally missing trees for the forest on this. I'm leaning towards the 4 emitter, but now the 3 has my attention.

And for the Hyperion, are you going to send it with 2 narrow and 2 wide or 3 narrow and 1 wide? That is one thing that I would love to see the difference of in beam shots. If you aren't going to be able to do beam shots before the pre-order ends, could we buy an additional lens so we can decide what works better for us?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BullSCit View Post
    A stupid electrical question for you. I have an engineering background, and can understand with an increased current draw, your voltage typically drops. But having more cells in parallel in the battery packs, I assume somewhat mitigates this when moving from the 2 to 3 to 4 emitter systems.

So it seems to my ideal thinking brain, that the 3 emitter would be roughly 50% more lumens than the 2 emitter, and that the 4 emitter would be 100% more lumens than the 2 emitter, while the 4 being 33% more than the 3. That seems true between the 2 and 4 emitter, but the 3 emitter is roughly 62% larger than the 2, and 4 is only 23% more than the 3. Is something going on with the 3 that seems to make it an outlier? Or am I totally missing trees for the forest on this. I'm leaning towards the 4 emitter, but now the 3 has my attention.

And for the Hyperion, are you going to send it with 2 narrow and 2 wide or 3 narrow and 1 wide? That is one thing that I would love to see the difference of in beam shots. If you aren't going to be able to do beam shots before the pre-order ends, could we buy an additional lens so we can decide what works better for us?
    Assuming each emitter in each light is driven equally (appears that way looking at the current draw between the 3 & 4 emitter lights) I think the ratio between narrow and wide optics would explain why the 3 emitter model appears more efficient. I'll let you do the math cause I don't want to type it out but pretty sure if each light ran all spot optics the 3 emitter light would be positioned right in the middle of the 2 & 4 emitter models when looking at lumen output. Of course running all spots should give you the best lux readings but only the best beam pattern if all you were looking for was max. throw. Changeable optics are a wonderful thing!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well yes in ideal wold if there was no heating issues lumens would go up linear with number of leds. Not so in reality beacuse you would need adequate heat dissipation. Also electrical looses are expotential when the power grows.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    So any news on that flat pack battery? I want to order but I may wait until that is included

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The flat battery packs are how they come, all 3 of them, just as pictured in the original posts. A square pack will come later for those that prefer them. Sorry for the confusion there.

mtbr member
    Part of me wants to order one of these and part of me says, "Wait". I'd really like to know how the lamps compare to the XP3 when it comes to tint. I'm very used to the XP3 and consider what they use as the perfect NW tint. I have a feeling though that the 5000K emitters might not be to my liking. 5K I consider the top of the end of the NW line. For something like the Hyperion I thought I might like something more like 4500K but did some digging and I found out that the BLF A6 I ordered is using an XP-L emitter in the 5000K range and 3D tint bin. If the Hyperion is using XM-L2's U3-3D's @5000K...I think I could accept that. Is this what they are using or something else?

I'm also a little worried about the spot optics. I think you mentioned them as being 15į spots. I generally like more like 10į. Of course no way to know without seeing them in action. Do you know what type spots were in the ITUO lamps? The XP3 rocked when in high mode with three spots.

Anyway, I can't even think about ordering unless I can get all spot optics. If you find a good after-market seller of spot optics that will work with these lamps please let me know.

mtbr member
    I agree with you Cat that 5000k is too "cool" of a neutral white for my ideal setup. I prefer the 4,200 to 4,500 range.

I do believe RAKC has confirmed the typical LED-DNA/Fastech/KD 20mm (or are they 21mm?) optics fit (removed from white holders).

-Garry

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The optics I label them as we are used to seeing them labeled for a said optic. I will check but Im willing to be the spot is the same size as the 10deg narrow spots.

And Garry is right, all the optics we play with pretty much will fit, so take your pick.

As I thought was posted above (Ill have to look, and add if not) they are ~5000k. 3C is rated 4700-5000k which is what these will be. EXACT same as Ituo was. This is on of the details that is allowing for a long preorder time, we wanted all MTB lights at 5000K instead of their standard 6000K.

mtbr member
    Leddna/Ituo optic + holder | Leddna footed 15 degree | Leddna optics + holder (modified for BT21)
    New lights Coming-008.jpg

Leddna 10 degree optic W/O holder | Leddna footed 15 degree | Gloworm XS Spot
    New lights Coming-009.jpg

Mole

mtbr member
    The optics I label them as we are used to seeing them labeled for a said optic. I will check but Im willing to be the spot is the same size as the 10deg narrow spots.

And Garry is right, all the optics we play with pretty much will fit, so take your pick.

As I thought was posted above (Ill have to look, and add if not) they are ~5000k. 3C is rated 4700-5000k which is what these will be. EXACT same as Ituo was. This is on of the details that is allowing for a long preorder time, we wanted all MTB lights at 5000K instead of their standard 6000K.

If the EXACT same as ITUO than I'm good with that. I've scouted out some spot optics so I'm likely to get one of these at some point. No hurry on my part, I figure it will soon be too cold to ride at night anyway.

Rac, I happened to notice that the Hyperion includes what looks to me to be an eight cell. Not sure I want an 8-cell although I'm sure I'd be fine with a six. Actually if I get a lamp like this I'll likely seek out something like a 4-cell 20700 cell pack or 4-cell 26650 pack.

I have off the next couple days and as luck would have it I somehow managed to pull a hamstring while at work on Weds. Damn! Beautiful weather, full moon and I have to nurse an injury. I took a ride on the road last night and that only made things worse. Pulled hamstrings and bike riding don't mix at all. Time to go out to buy a compression wrap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Researching my first night riding setup and 2 Theias seem like a great option. Any update on the in stock time frame? Don't want to get locked into a pre-order and get stuck waiting. The time change hit hard yesterday and it's time to ride at night!

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    shipment should arrive end of next week or first part of the following week. Slight delay due to having all lights being made with neutral white leds.

mtbr member
    Tough time deciding which one of these I want to try. Three emitter Theia seem to have the most to offer me currently. Would love to pick up a DS too for the bars but will wait on it and maybe be able to just get a lighthead only later. Hyperion certainly has its appeal but realistically its added output would not really help me see any better (IMO) so why put up with its extra weight (approx. a third of a pound for lighthead/battery). Already have plenty of extra (better) spot optics to put in. Time to place an order!
    Mole

mtbr member
    shipment should arrive end of next week or first part of the following week. Slight delay due to having all lights being made with neutral white leds.
    Order placed (Theia). Happy to see I shouldn't have to wait too long.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I'm a novice to the light thing.... but could I power one of these puppies off of a dynamo hub?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    No, most of these lights wont work off a dynamo hub. There are lights out there that can be but none will produce near the amount of light that these do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I ride dark rural roads at typical 20+ mph with lots of fast descents over 30mph. I want to keep my daytime speeds at night without out running the beam and with enough flood to watch for roving night time critters (deer, possum, cars). Would the 3 or 4 emitter be a better choice?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What is the battery pack voltage for each light?
    I would like to run my 8.4v two pack 18650 battery on the helmet and would like to run the theia on the bars with only a four pack 18650 battery.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by str8dum View Post
    I ride dark rural roads at typical 20+ mph with lots of fast descents over 30mph. I want to keep my daytime speeds at night without out running the beam and with enough flood to watch for roving night time critters (deer, possum, cars). Would the 3 or 4 emitter be a better choice?
    This is more of a preference, I can ride the pavement at those speeds on a 1500 lumen lamp. Do it rather regularly. Seeing as your aiming for more, your preference may lean to the brighter side. Good to have a point of reference (what has or hasnt worked for you in the past)

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by abzillah View Post
    What is the battery pack voltage for each light?
    I would like to run my 8.4v two pack 18650 battery on the helmet and would like to run the theia on the bars with only a four pack 18650 battery.
    Lights run on 8.4V packs like most others. Keep in mind these are set up with threaded connectors. Ive been running a Theia on my helmet (just got back from doing about a 6 mile ride on my fat bike in fact) with a 2 cell pack.

Battery indicator is a bit overly sensitive (more stages in the indication colors though). Temps in the mid 30s F, 35 minutes left on level 3, 2 cell 3500mah pack, indicator was red by the time I got back to trail head. Not flashing, just red.

So you will have to watch your battery usage on a 2 cell based on temps and level used. Indicator is calibrated to their packs, results will vary based on other packs used.

mtbr member
    This might be a stupid question. But is it possible to run to lights off the eight cell pack?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The hyperion comes with an 8 cell, not sure I understand what your asking?

mtbr member
    Can I run my Hyperion and another light head with the Hyperion battery and some sort of splitter?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Going to loose run time doing that but its no different than doing it with any other light or battery pack.

Wouldnt think anyone would need to run a second light with the hyperion though, well over 3000 lumens in itself. And NOT chinese lumens (like all cheap lights that say great numbers but have half what is says or much less).

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Just a heads up, pre-order discount will be ending in a few days.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Does this mean preorders will ship in a few days?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Orders will start shipping the day the shipment arrives, same day sale ends. With the volume of preorders Im unsure if we will get them all out same/next day or not. Shouldnt be a problem but a heads up just in case.

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Hey RAKC, I'm not going to be ordering as I have two XP2 and an XP3 that are fresh this last year but I am curious on the wireless remote of the new lights. Can it be set up to control two lights with one remote? Also what's the expected run time of the Theia at is various output levels?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Yes the wireless can control multiple lights, no issue there.

We don't check outputs at each individual output level, that would take several days just to test that(and many hours wasted sitting here starting at lights doing nothing but running the batteries down over and over again) so I only check at max output run time. But basic figure, if you run 50% output, you have twice the run time. 75% you have about and extra 50% run time roughly. Not exact figures as there is other variables but give or take a few minutes or more thats about where you end up.

@Mole, just realized I have forgotten the DS current draw test STILL. Apologies. Try to remember to do so tomorrow. I have a bit more free time now as "Day Job" (well more evening job, being under the hood) I cant do till after the holiday thanks to a messed up shoulder.

DPC
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Hi - These lights look interesting and when I checked out your website it's showing "15% discount" for pre-orders, but the math on the mark-down isn't correct. 15% off $209.95 should be $178.46, but you're showing $189.95 and clicking the "Add to Cart" shows the same price.

Is it still possible to get the 15% pre-order deal?

https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...bike-light-kit

New lights Coming-m-tiger-hyperion.jpg

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Discounts are as marked, havent ever been any lower. It is 15% off what regular price will be.

Regular price was posted prior to them including the gopro adapter. Which then price went up.

Also there is an "*" noted by the 15% because its rounded. Some products are slightly over 15 others are slightly under.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    When do you expect the lights to ship. I like your lights, but am needing something in the next week or so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DPC View Post
    Hi - These lights look interesting and when I checked out your website it's showing "15% discount" for pre-orders, but the math on the mark-down isn't correct. 15% off $209.95 should be $178.46, but you're showing $189.95 and clicking the "Add to Cart" shows the same price.

Is it still possible to get the 15% pre-order deal?

https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...bike-light-kit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m-tiger-hyperion.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1167910
    I was charged $179.95 USD for the Hyperion in 10/28.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    I was charged $179.95 USD for the Hyperion in 10/28.
    Well seems I was mistaken, didnt think any were ordered right when we were setting prices after we received updated pricing with changes.

That said, since that mistake was on our end Ill adjust pricing for the last couple days of pre-orders.

As for when theyll ship, will not be till next Monday (week from today). UPS is being slow and won't be here with the shipment till after we leave to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with family in St. Louis. Rather frustrating, UPS is always late. We accounted for a couple days but not 5 days late.

Big Mac
    On 11-14, I was charged $149.95 for a DS, currently listed for $134.95. I like that price more better. Can I get that price?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Their $144.95, that price was only showing for a few minutes earlier while we were trying to fix a glitch with check out (trying to charge regular price). Was supposed to read $144.95 this whole time so Ill refund the $5 to those that paid $149.95 for the DS.

mtbr member
    Well seems I was mistaken, didnt think any were ordered right when we were setting prices after we received updated pricing with changes.

That said, since that mistake was on our end Ill adjust pricing for the last couple days of pre-orders.

As for when theyll ship, will not be till next Monday (week from today). UPS is being slow and won't be here with the shipment till after we leave to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with family in St. Louis. Rather frustrating, UPS is always late. We accounted for a couple days but not 5 days late.

Thanks for your trouble, Iím patient, but excited to try the light.

Big Mac
    Their $144.95, that price was only showing for a few minutes earlier while we were trying to fix a glitch with check out (trying to charge regular price). Was supposed to read $144.95 this whole time so Ill refund the $5 to those that paid $149.95 for the DS.

No worries. Keep it for your troubles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    On 11/15/2017 I was charged for a "Hyperion" @ $189.95. Are you offering a refund to all customers affected by the discount calculation error? Currently listed at $179.95.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Guys from now on can we keep these on PMs or Email basis please. This thread is for discussing the lights, not for customer service matters. Mtbr isnt a fan of threads being turned into this and will cost everyone the convenience of being able to reach me here as I won't be able to respond to threads or PMs.

Not a fan of that happening as I have been a resident light nut here for a lot longer than Ive been a "vendor".

Thanks for understanding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Awesome. Thank you very much! Excited for my new light......and stoked on your customer service!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Is this Chinese light?

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Is this Chinese light?

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk
    YEP

Mtigersports

6/F, South China Developing Centre, Pinghu, Longgang Dist., Shenzhen
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I was looking at these, but no switch on the light is a non-starter for me. I don't need any cute remotes, just give me a simple, reliable switch....
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsti View Post
    I was looking at these, but no switch on the light is a non-starter for me. I don't need any cute remotes, just give me a simple, reliable switch....
    Wait -I see a wired remote in the power cord (i.e.switch in the power cord instead of on the body). Or is that "wired remote" optional? Is that "wired remote" in an extension cable? I think I'd prefer one mounted on the body too myself.

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    I am unsure on the button, but its not an extension cable. Its part of the cable that comes off the head. No buttons at all on the light head in either format. Either what you see there which is wireless form or the pictures in the OP of the wired remotes. Light doesnt function without that intermediate cable. Part of how they can run such high lumens for their size (all the finning). Controls are remotely located with LED and thermal protection circuits inside the light head. Runs on a 4 pin waterproof connector.

Point behind it is the option of wired or wireless remote without changing lightheads at all. Can use either one. We'll have the wired remote versions available at a later date if there is interest.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    For those wondering about when theyll start shipping, UPS delivered about 2 hours after we left for the Holiday weekend. Will start sending out when we get back Sunday.

mtbr member
    For those wondering about when theyll start shipping, UPS delivered about 2 hours after we left for the Holiday weekend. Will start sending out when we get back Sunday.

Thanks for the update!!! I'm off work Wednesday - Sunday next week too so will have time to play with the new toy, just probably won't have the unusually warm weather we have this week (highs in the mid 80's all weekend long). Enjoy your Turkey Day!!!
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Enjoy yoyr Turkey Day as well!!!

And send some of that warm weather this way, not even above freezing in STL right now...

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ok going to be 70 tomorrow, thanks for sharing Mole! Spent today (60F) taking my boys riding, my 4 yr old got about 4 miles in! Have him night riding with me come spring. He's been getting mad when I go out lol.

Located where its legal to night ride around St Louis, good chance to get a change of scenery after dark.

Not 100% sure what Im doing yet though. Either really putting these lights to the test along with my skills riding a set call Lost Valley on my fat bike. Otherwise headed to Bangert Island to zip around and play on the techy stuff.

Either way, video to come!

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Heres a clip of chasing Outbound through one of the trails here in STL. Really fun, flat trails with just kickers and such. DS on bars and THEIA on helmet. On level 2 the entire ride. Was great to get a night ride in warmer weather (shorts and jersey, 63F) again. Not going to lie, I enjoy these warmer winters, year round riding season with a couple months at most of cold and snow.

https://youtu.be/OHvSuciZ9s8

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ok guys

Started working on getting all these shipped last night, all will be out today.

Sale ends today as well. Prices go to "normal" tonight

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Bare with us guys, entire region of internet is down, been down most of the day. We have been trying to route around it using hotspot off my phone however its not cooperating so we can process and ship.

Going to be a late night at this rate.

mtbr member
    YES!!! Just got my shipping confirmation.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Again rakc we are tranquilo

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Not all are out yet, got finished what we could, will get the rest in the morning.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Completely caught up, everyone should have their orders by the weekend. Thanks for the patience everyone.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks! Iíve been touting these to all my night ridin friends, looking forward to trying mine out

mtbr member
    Anybody get their lights? Tracking shows mine are in town but delivery not scheduled till Monday.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Same with my shipping. I blew up another carbon wheel so Iíll be building wheels not riding anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Got my Hyperion Friday. Looks nice so far! Build quality looks a bit better than the usual random brands from China. The battery in my remote was totally dead (0.1 volts). And it's bright. Real bright.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by scoppola View Post
    Got my Hyperion Friday. Looks nice so far! Build quality looks a bit better than the usual random brands from China. The battery in my remote was totally dead (0.1 volts). And it's bright. Real bright.
    Did yours have the go pro adapter? Mine does not. Bummed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoppola View Post
    I figured someone would get their light in time for the weekend. Hope you get a chance to get a ride in with it soon, should be a monster!
    Mole

Big Mac
    Completely caught up, everyone should have their orders by the weekend. Thanks for the patience everyone.

Hey. I received my light this am. Looks great. However, there is no go pro adapter. I need that please. Just got left out? Thanks.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Hey. I received my light this am. Looks great. However, there is no go pro adapter. I need that please. Just got left out? Thanks.
    Just a quick "FYI", we are only their US dealer/distributor, just so people understand.

That said, I found out about the gopro adapter issue last night. Got a hold of MTS and asked whats up.

They messed up in the rush to get out shipment done and out.

So no one got their Gopro mounts sadly. But ALL OF YOU WILL, they have a run finishing and are shipping them out to us middle of next week. Express shipped to us directly from the factory.

Once we get them, everyone who purchased (or purchases before then) a light will have the adapter shipped to them.

Apologies for the issue there everyone, kind of a big mistake on their part but its being taken care of quickly.

Big Mac
    Just a quick "FYI", we are only their US dealer/distributor, just so people understand.

That said, I found out about the gopro adapter issue last night. Got a hold of MTS and asked whats up.

So no one got their Gopro mounts sadly. But ALL OF YOU WILL, they have a run finishing and are shipping them out to us middle of next week. Express shipped to us directly from the factory.

Once we get them, everyone who purchased (or purchases before then) a light will have the adapter shipped to them.

Apologies for the issue there everyone, kind of a big mistake on their part but its being taken care of quickly.

Yes, a huge mistake, for sure. Hope it comes quick, as Iím anxious. Am I the only one that HATES the standard o ring mounts? The go pro adapter was a part of my decision to buy. Thanks for the response. So now, I wait. Somewhat patiently.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Nope I cant stand them either. But some people like them. Also with the fact they dont have a gopro compatible handlebar mount ready, the band mounts where kept for now.

mtbr member

Thanks for the update. Unfortunate but no surprises this way. I'm hoping I can get the old Nitefighter Gopro mount I had on my BT40s to work as a temporary fix. Curious if the stock Gopro mount is plastic or aluminum? If it's not aluminum it may be something I would have had Vancbiker make a replacement for anyway.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks for the update. Unfortunate but no surprises this way. I'm hoping I can get the old Nitefighter Gopro mount I had on my BT40s to work as a temporary fix. Curious if the stock Gopro mount is plastic or aluminum? If it's not aluminum it may be something I would have had Vancbiker make a replacement for anyway.
    Mole
    Same here, I love his adapters, I have them on itous, bt40s, and a dual led clone I canít remember what itís called...

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks rakc for getting it squared

Big Mac
    Mole
    Who is this ďVancbikerĒ you speak of? What does he make?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Heís on this forum, he makes go pro mounts for your handlebars and Light specific go pro mounts. Made out of aluminum, they are both strong and add some extra heat sink I have several of them and they are well made to exacting specs

mtbr member
    Who is this ďVancbikerĒ you speak of? What does he make?
    Vancbiker is a mtbr member that makes custom aluminum Gopro mounts. Here's a link + a shot of some finned heatsink mounts he made for my Ituo lights. Nice stuff!!!
    Mole

GoPro adapters and Gopro mounts for bike lights

New lights Coming-004-4-.jpg

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The factory adapters are aluminum.

mtbr member
    I didn't get my gopro adapter either.

Also the presale stated 5k color temp. The packaging states 6k which is a major issue for me.

The remote is non functional. I'm assuming the battery is dead.

Not off to a good start here. Honestly the fact that this light is 6k has me considering asking for refund

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Team _________

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    They are not 6000K, I double checked.

But would anyone have paid an extra few dollars just for the packaging to say 5000K? We would have had to order a massive number for "custom" cardboard to change 1 number and we would have to fit the bill

The 5000K was specifically made for us only. Gopro mounts being included was also custom (part of what screwed them up).

We simply wanted to keep price down, so new cardboard and manuals didnt seem important at the moment. Getting the lights just the way we want is priority.

As for the remote battery issue, I severely ticked over that one. We'll be sending batteries out to everyone as well that have ordered already and replacing all batteries in inventory. This was just a rediculous problem for any customer to deal with

Running out now to try and find enough batteries to take care of everyone.

For those that had to buy a battery already, email us, well get that taken care of.

Not a good first impression, sorry everyone. Ill make sure everything is as its supposed to be as quickly as possible.

Big Mac
    Vancbiker is a mtbr member that makes custom aluminum Gopro mounts. Here's a link + a shot of some finned heatsink mounts he made for my Ituo lights. Nice stuff!!!
    Mole

GoPro adapters and Gopro mounts for bike lights

Name:	004 (4).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1170342
    Cool. Thanks. Light specific?

mtbr member
    For comparison the beam shot on the wall is theia left, ituo xp2 right

Pic of the helmet is with the xp2, the theia is on the right.

The theia sure looks like 6k to me

Team _________

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Something not right there. Not sure if thats 6000K or what exactly. We were promised 5000k, thats whats in our samples. But your right, it doesnt match up....

Bare with me briefly while I try to get this sorted. This is a DISASTER none of you should have had to deal with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The factory adapters are aluminum.
    Will you be selling those separately? I broke one of the mounts on my XP3 and am looking to replace it with something sturdier at some point.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    First, my sincerest apologies everyone. Didnt expect the need to open and inspect all of these prior to shipping out.

Received some major apologies from M-tiger, the emitter issue the thought it that ours got sent to some other company and we got theirs by mistake. Such a pain in the a**

They are not 6000K, their in between, 5400K they think. Still NOT 5000k

Being fixed, they will be sending correct tint heads (or boards for us to swap out) which will be done at NO CHARGE obviously. So those will be swapped out and be 5000k as I promised.

If you want to return the light for a refund, totally understandable considering the pile mistakes made by M-Tiger. If you want to keep them, the matters will be corrected at no cost as quickly as possible.

Of course battery and Gopro mounts missing is being squared away as I said.

Contact me via PM or email as needed.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadcmpr View Post
    Will you be selling those separately? I broke one of the mounts on my XP3 and am looking to replace it with something sturdier at some point.
    The only way to get an aluminum gopro mount for Ituo is from Vancbiker. The Aluminum adapters we will have wont fit. Their specific to these lights (and Ituo is very specific to them)

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadcmpr View Post
    Send me a PM or e-mail to kevinb at pacifier dot com. There is a picture and info about the Ituo XP to GoPro adapter in the second picture on this webpage...

Additional adapters

Also MRMOLE has a picture of one fitted to one of his lights in post 141 on this thread too.

Big Mac
    Yah, Iím afraid that at this point, I return is in order. Between time lost, and doubts, Iím struggling here. How will this ďswap outĒ take place? Do I need to send the whole thing back?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Nope, cross ship light heads. Once we have the 5000k leds in hand, you send back light head, we ship out replacement and done.

mtbr member
    Cool. Thanks. Light specific?
    Pictured adapters are specific to XP2, XP3, and I think XP4 (not sure on the 4). Vancbiker can custom make adapters for most lights.
    Mole

mtbr member
    First, my sincerest apologies everyone. Didnt expect the need to open and inspect all of these prior to shipping out.

Received some major apologies from M-tiger, the emitter issue the thought it that ours got sent to some other company and we got theirs by mistake. Such a pain in the a**

They are not 6000K, their in between, 5400K they think. Still NOT 5000k

Being fixed, they will be sending correct tint heads (or boards for us to swap out) which will be done at NO CHARGE obviously. So those will be swapped out and be 5000k as I promised.

If you want to return the light for a refund, totally understandable considering the pile mistakes made by M-Tiger. If you want to keep them, the matters will be corrected at no cost as quickly as possible.

Of course battery and Gopro mounts missing is being squared away as I said.

Contact me via PM or email as needed.

I appreciate you taking the time to straighten this out. I know the timing has been tough with the Thanksgiving holiday. I'd be happy to swap out the board for the correct emitters myself

Team _________

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Thanks, do appreciate it.

We requested specific emitters and such, we promised everyone these things when I opened pre-orders. So I will make sure everything is the way it should be for those that pre-ordered and all other lights that are ordered.

Sad that they didn't get it right the first time but as long as its all good soon, then at least we know for sure they stand behind their products regardless of what the issue is.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I figure this is a chance that we all took to "pre-order" the lights. That there could be issues with it, but RAKC sounds like he is going to make it right for everyone. So we shouldn't all get hung up on it is right out of the gate, but hopefully in a couple weeks everyone will have what was spec-ed out. RAKC was trying to turn stuff around too quick and his Q/A might not have been so good, but I'm sure he was receiving 50 emails/PMs a day from people asking where their lights are.

RAKC, if we still haven't received our lights yet, should we just put a Return to Sender on the box and send it back? How long before you get the boards to swap out? I got a couple other lighting systems, so my case may be unique and I'd rather just have the right system instead of using something else.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Bulls:

You can if you want to or your welcome to play with it while waiting for us to get the replacements.

We are not getting boards, we are getting the light heads themselves, ready to go. So we can simply cross ship as needed, that way everyone isn't without their light(s) for more than a couple days. Makes the entire matter so much simpler and quicker for everyone. Once all are swapped out we will be sending the wrong heads back to M-tiger.

We didnt do any "QA" here, we got samples, those checked out perfectly. Lights are somewhat sealed. Cardboard around the case and in a sealed clear bag of sorts.

I saw no cause for concern that warranted further delay of shipping them out to check through some and test them. With being delayed a week and a half thanks to UPS and getting back from thanksgiving holiday to a packed inbox of emails I made the mistake of gambling on everything was good to go.

M-Tiger themselves are beyond apologetic right now, my contact was messaging me at 7:30 this morning (central time) confirming details and updating me on everything. Glad to see they are accepting full responsibility and standing behind everything without question.

The battery matter, I have that handled, will be sending those to everyone tomorrow morning. Found a source for a large qty of them and had them overnighted. This one was my biggest concern. So everyone should have replacement batteries before weeks end. Only CR2032 but principle of the matter, everyone promised good lights with working wireless. And its an issue we can fix immediately.

Thanks for the understanding everyone, will have everything the way it should be soon. I will probably have them simply install the gopro mounts to the corrected light heads (and Ill be sure to inspect everything upon arrival), solve both issues at once. Ill just remove band mounts from wrong ones so the option to use the band mount is available for those who want it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I haven't made a purchase. So I have nothing going on here but observations. I can see how having made a purchase I would be bummed. However, I also see the amount of communication happening, and I find that to be invaluable. I hope that others will notice this too, and understand it was just a bad goof, and that there is no reason not to order lights. Best of luck to everyone in this situation. I see this as having a positive outcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    I haven't made a purchase. So I have nothing going on here but observations. I can see how having made a purchase I would be bummed. However, I also see the amount of communication happening, and I find that to be invaluable. I hope that others will notice this too, and understand it was just a bad goof, and that there is no reason not to order lights. Best of luck to everyone in this situation. I see this as having a positive outcome.
    +1

I also don't feel RAKC should have had to open and inspect the lights (the main shipment, not the samples). I wouldn't expect nor want people at Amazon opening and testing/checking through original manufacturer packaging. Glad to see the manufacturer is owning up and making it right.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I got mine tonight aside from obvious issues with wrong emitter and go pro mount. I really like the size, they are really light to me compared to the ituo xp3 like the programming much better than itous (eternity to shut off between trails) looking forward to getting the proper head with gp mount. Are these issues across all models rakc? Or just the theia? Iíll prob order the 2 as well but Iíll wait if they have the same issue. Couple pics while a norther blows in

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Also do you have a pic of the go pro mount? Want to see if I like it, if not I may send my Light to vanc to make one for...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rad3144 View Post
    Also do you have a pic of the go pro mount? Want to see if I like it, if not I may send my Light to vanc to make one for...

Check the last picture in post #1. I asked and it's aluminum. Thanks for posting the pictures. I got mine Saturday afternoon but have had no time to play with it yet (hopefully tomorrow). Was surprised (pleasantly) mine came with all spot optics, yours too?
    Mole

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Yes but as you can see from the beam shot one is significantly wider than the other, which would offset the need for a flood in the mix imo

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    That mount looks good. Are these optics the same as itous? I have a bunch of those

mtbr member
    Until I get the Gopro mount this will be a bar light but that is not my planned usage for the light. I did shine the light on a wall with my XP3 and it definitely looks to have a wider beam than the Ituo triple. Good for bar use but not what I want for helmet use. Pretty sure the Ituo optics will work if you remove them from the white holders but will be a bit short so may require a o-ring for a tight fit. I prefer Gloworm optics and that's what I will test in it. Always found them to be the most efficient and durable.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Check the last picture in post #1. I asked and it's aluminum.
    Where are the fins???? Ya know you're gonna need one with fins.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Vanc Iíll send my theia if you want a template

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Yes all of the MTB lights are off tint and lacking gopro mounts.

As for the optics, as Mole said, can use them if you remove the white holders. I installed the "wide spots" in my sample Theia just to check. There is 1 optic that is a wider beam to allow the light to be a bit more "universal". All the narrower spot optics will be an option once I can find a source that isnt over priced.

@Vanc: if Mole adds your mounts to these he wont be able to get them to step down no matter how hard he tries lol. Outside in the sun laying on the concrete on a 100 deg day maybe lol.

That said, Ill drop you one of the band mounts off one of mine. MS style, rear cable exit but thicker than normal. No reason for rad to sent a whole light.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Where I ride (Texas) in the summer heat and humid, I like the extra cooling, step down pisses me off everytime

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    The only light I can trigger step down at 70f is the hyperion and thats sitting on my desk forever. Something like 30 minutes.

DS I could still hold in my hand after 15 minutes, I gave up trying after that lol.

Obviously here it has to be June to really test it, we have snow incoming later this week lol. Thats what Mole likes to do, try and make lights melt down lol.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Fix wireless remote battery issue:

CHECK

GoPro adapters should be ready tomorrow. Hopefully here Friday or Monday.

5000k tint matter, awaiting confirmation on those.

They allowed a sale to be ran for a couple more weeks because of the issues. If you dont want to miss the price, can order and put a note of "wait for 5000k" on it. Not 100% sure I will have them in my hand before Christmas, may be the week after.

mtbr member
    I tried my theia last night and aside from the tint I'm very happy. I had a vanc mount laying around that I installed. The output is great considering the mass of the light head, and the wireless remote is a nice touch although it tends to move on the bars a little bit.

My only other minor complaints are that it uses a different thread pitch on the battery cable than my other lights and the wired remote can get in the way a little.

Overall I'm still really stoked on the light and can't wait to see it with the correct K leds installed.

Team _________

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    ....... I had a vanc mount laying around that I installed.
    Tell me a bit more about this. What version of my adapter did you attach? Have a picture? Fit issues? Even though these lights will be coming with GoPro compatibility, I'd like to know what can be done in case someone asks me for an adapter. From the pictures RAKC posted it looked like the M-tiger lights had a "pocket" that the adapter fit into.

Kind of like the Ituo XP series. Yes, they were GoPro compatible, but many were modded with my heatsink adapter and a few folks had their OEM GoPro mount break (pin fell out and got lost) or the fitting on the light got broken in a crash.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Tell me a bit more about this. What version of my adapter did you attach? Have a picture? Fit issues? Even though these lights will be coming with GoPro compatibility, I'd like to know what can be done in case someone asks me for an adapter. From the pictures RAKC posted it looked like the M-tiger lights had a "pocket" that the adapter fit into.

Kind of like the Ituo XP series. Yes, they were GoPro compatible, but many were modded with my heatsink adapter and a few folks had their OEM GoPro mount break (pin fell out and got lost) or the fitting on the light got broken in a crash.
    It is just a standard finned mount with one hole. I had the source a longer screw but that was it. The mounting surface is fairly flat where the mount sits

Team _________

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It is just a standard finned mount with one hole. I had the source a longer screw but that was it. The mounting surface is fairly flat where the mount sits
    Thanks! Good to know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thank you for getting us the lights and so far I'm happy with them.

1] Will the replacement light heads have the button on the wire to turn the lights off and on without a remote?

2] If the replacement light heads don't have the in-line button, I will keep the current ones; can you post a link to the light diffuser so I can change the lenses please?

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    I think! rakc said earlier the in-line remote also houses the driver? Thatís how the light head is able to be made so small? I think the replacements will be identical aside from the emitter color.

mtbr member
    Does these optics look like three spots and a flood?

I was not expecting to use the headlamp strap, but it sure did come in handy at midnight last night when I had to evacuate my family from Ventura!

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    There is no difference in the light heads, the remote for wireless receiver is not removable. Will be the exact same just different LEDs. Your choice if you prefer current tint.

No "diffusers" used in these lights. Only different beam patterns created by them. And as I had said before, once we have sourced them where the cost isnt a bit rediculous, we will offer them.

Other optics will work with these lights but use of other optics is not "supported" unless installed by us or experienced users.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Does these optics look like three spots and a flood?

I was not expecting to use the headlamp strap, but it sure did come in handy at midnight last night when I had to evacuate my family from Ventura!
    Its not a flood optic, just a bigger spot. Flood optic puts more light in close to the bike which most dont like. But one with a bit more spread on the bigger lights I thought would make the beam a bit more universal. Lots of throw but enough spread to be good on the bars as well.

As for using the head strap, since your posting means you and your family are safe, very glad to hear that. Im assuming Ventura CA is what your referencing (Im from LA originally, have much of my Fathers side of the family still around the area). Have prayers from us that everyone out there is and stays safe.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    GoPro adapters will be on the way to us later today.

mtbr member

??? Could you post a picture please. I could not get any of my mounts to fit including the one for the BT70 that has a powercord relief channel machined in. Did you mount it with the Gopro interface portion towards the front of the light?
    Mole

New lights Coming-003.jpg

mtbr member
    ??? Could you post a picture please. I could not get any of my mounts to fit including the one for the BT70 that has a powercord relief channel machined in. Did you mount it with the Gopro interface portion towards the front of the light?
    Mole

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	1170918
    It's not perfect. But it works and doesn't move

Team _________

mtbr member

Sorry here are the pics

Team _________

mtbr member
    GoPro adapters will be on the way to us later today.

Excellent!

I ran some light meter tests last night. Lumen estimates from lux readings match your results @ a little over 2600. Center-beam results were interesting though. Considerably lower than my XS & XP3 even though bounce readings were higher so I'm guessing for those wanting to use this as a helmet light that considerable throw gains will be possible with a change to LEDNA 10's or Gloworm XS spots. Was unable to remove the face plate so can't confirm this yet. Did M-tiger use lock-tight on the face plate screws? The three I did get out were tight enough to put some serious bend in the key I was using before they released and didn't seem to spin freely after that. No go on the last one. Popped out a couple of times before I decided to give up. Going to try to locate a tool that will provide more vertical force to hold the key head in + try heating the light up which may help if some sort of locking compound was used. Any additional ideas would be appreciated. Hope to get a ride in with the theia tonight.
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ya I found the thread lock on my samples as well. Some screws were harder than others to break loose. Run the light for a few minutes then break the screws loose.

I was rather glad to see the attention to detail there. Something that should always be done when steel screws are used in aluminum. Especially in uses like these. Drastic temperature fluctuations and high vibration. Not the only thing that jumped out for attention to detail and quality either. Was rather shocked by some of it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    RAKC,

I got my Hyperion last night and wasn't able to do the Return to Sender thing. But I'm glad I did, as I got to open it up and check it out. Definitely a lot of light for such a small little unit. Couple questions though:

1) What are you doing with the wired remote? Just letting it be part of the cable and not anchoring it to the helmet? I assume when I have a good battery in my remote, that I will use that instead of the wired option to change levels.

2) Not sure if the battery was supposed to be in the wireless remote, but mine wasn't (it was free in the box), and it seems the interface that holds the battery is a little hokey at best. I can't tell if the arms that hold the battery and create electrical contact have been bent but not sure how much confidence I have when the battery is kind of loose and the only thing restraining it is a stretched piece of silicon.

3) I saw yesterday that you think you might not be getting the replacement lightheads until after XMas. Not a big deal to me, and I would rather they create a good and robust solution rather than hurrying it. But do you think you will have another source on optics that we could swap out for these by then? From my limited backyard shots last night, I agree with MRMOLE's findings and wish for a little more throw for a helmet light. Would love to get both the new lighthead and the installed optics in it if the timing works out.

4) If you can't find the optics in time, with the proper optics, would someone who has never done this before be able to do this to ensure optical quality and weatherproofness? What are the prices that you are finding now for the lenses and what do you hope to find them for?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think you have an incredible light for the price. Hope everything works out for you in the end, and looking forward to using this for a night ride soon.

Thanks - BS

mtbr member

Definitely will get you by till the M-tiger ones arrive. Would be a custom one from Vancbiker to get full thermal benefit of mount and maintain water ingress resistance. Thanks for the pictures.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    .....Would be a custom one from Vancbiker to get full thermal benefit of mount and maintain water ingress resistance. Thanks for the pictures.
    Just from the pics I can see that the cable channel needs to come out under the GoPro tabs. The screw hole should move. The upper rib should be taller and possibly wider. Enough differences that I'll need to get measurements from someone or get my hands on one of these. Anybody able to confirm if the mounting surface details are common across all the M-tiger models?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BullSCit View Post
    RAKC,

I got my Hyperion last night and wasn't able to do the Return to Sender thing. But I'm glad I did, as I got to open it up and check it out. Definitely a lot of light for such a small little unit. Couple questions though:

1) What are you doing with the wired remote? Just letting it be part of the cable and not anchoring it to the helmet? I assume when I have a good battery in my remote, that I will use that instead of the wired option to change levels.

2) Not sure if the battery was supposed to be in the wireless remote, but mine wasn't (it was free in the box), and it seems the interface that holds the battery is a little hokey at best. I can't tell if the arms that hold the battery and create electrical contact have been bent but not sure how much confidence I have when the battery is kind of loose and the only thing restraining it is a stretched piece of silicon.

3) I saw yesterday that you think you might not be getting the replacement lightheads until after XMas. Not a big deal to me, and I would rather they create a good and robust solution rather than hurrying it. But do you think you will have another source on optics that we could swap out for these by then? From my limited backyard shots last night, I agree with MRMOLE's findings and wish for a little more throw for a helmet light. Would love to get both the new lighthead and the installed optics in it if the timing works out.

4) If you can't find the optics in time, with the proper optics, would someone who has never done this before be able to do this to ensure optical quality and weatherproofness? What are the prices that you are finding now for the lenses and what do you hope to find them for?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think you have an incredible light for the price. Hope everything works out for you in the end, and looking forward to using this for a night ride soon.

Thanks - BS
    For the wired segment, depends on how your running it. I have a 2 cell pack (I installed the correct connector in one) so pack is on the helmet. No NEED to secure the remote but it can get annoying on root beds/rock gardens. So I would throw a strap around it.

If putting battery pack in a pack or other location where the wire becomes rather long, securing the remote on the helmet is a must. In the case of any light Ive seen (and I have a ton) having the wire dangling at that length can eventually cause it to pull out of the light head.

Remote, it looks weak inside but that chuck of silicone when mounted actually compresses the battery into place. I was wondering that when I checked batteries here. But I mounted it and tried to knock the battery loose, couldnt do it. It IS one of those things though I have passed on as over the long term it may become an issue. But its covered by the full warranty if there is an issue.

Oem optics are easy enough if you have the proper tool to get the front plate off. There is orings you have to make sure all stay in place. Other optics wont be so easy (I am doing further testing on the optics that have the white holders, if they seal easily and correctly I may just get those for optional optics) as they wont snap on over the LED. So more care and attention to detail is required to make sure everything is lined up so you dont damage the LEDs. And NEVER change optics when light has been on for more than a few seconds. Once they are heated up they are very easy to damage. Make sure they are totally cool before doing it.

I am also going to have M Tiger explore the other optics as factory install. May not be possible since they don't have any form of retention until front plate is installed. Plus the headache of removing white holders. This is something that's secondary to the current matters. Wanted feedback before deciding if changes would be warranted.

As for the lacking throw, its due to the one larger spot optic. Lack of throw from it is why throw is about that of a dual emitter.

One way or the other I should have the optics sorted before weeks end and some on the way.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Just from the pics I can see that the cable channel needs to come out under the GoPro tabs. The screw hole should move. The upper rib should be taller and possibly wider. Enough differences that I'll need to get measurements from someone or get my hands on one of these. Anybody able to confirm if the mounting surface details are common across all the M-tiger models?
    All 3 are the same, I was going to send you what you need to get a design sorted for the guys that ride in the rediculous heat.

mtbr member
    Definitely agree. Also looks to me like the contact area slopes toward the lighthead body and may require the mounting hole to be drilled at an angle.
    Mole

mtbr member
    All 3 are the same, I was going to send you what you need to get a design sorted for the guys that ride in the rediculous heat.

And don't have to ride when it's ridiculously cold!
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Ill take the snow over 90-100F at night lol. I have my limits at both ends. In the 20s isnt even that cold to me. Teens ok getting cold, single digits ride time of 30 -45 minutes and Im DONE lol.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Yeah Iíve found in the 100+ summer days with the humidity, I go ride gravel, itís too easy to bonk or have a heat injury in the woods on those days. I hate to admit it but there it is.

mtbr member
    Here in the Phoenix area super hot 100+ degree (ride temp) night rides humidity is usually around 10% and sometimes less. Can ride for hours straight in those conditions with enough food and water. By the time it gets that hot those of us who ride all the time are acclimated to the heat, if your not heat stroke/exhaustion can be a problem but no worse than frostbite in a cold climate. Usually my lights are more sensitive to the heat than I am!
    Mole

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    True, desert heat I would much rather have hotter and low humidity. The only heat I know anymore is our sauna level crap. And I handle 90s during the day for an hour or 2. Im from LA originally but been so long since Ive been out west

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I have an issue with post ride hypoglycemia. Aka I donít eat enough, so Iíve been nervous to ride on the super hot days, our woods just cook in there, itís also right next to a lake with ample humidity. Gonna figure that out next summer so I can ride through the hot

mtbr member
    Has anyone tested theirs in cold weather yet?

It was close to freezing here tonight and my remote wasn't working well at all. Light on bars, remote next to the grip. Whether the remote would change brightness was completely hit or miss. Also after the ride when trying to switch off with the remote the light kept switching back on.

The remote has a new battery as of Monday so voltage shouldn't be an issue there

Team _________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast