New LED Upgrade from Exposure!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New LED Upgrade from Exposure!!!

Found this today while surfing the web at work. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.exposurelights.com/produc...-eye/index.php

mtbr member
    Interesting, it's the Red eye but with a white LED, so I assume double the output=half the run time.

Yes I like it, nice idea, infact I generally like Exposure products and I am from the UK where they are made. But 40 for one (SSC P4)LED is crazy, don't they know there is a recession.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2026

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Its a fair price I guess, if you consider how expensive a Joystick Maxx is on it's own.

But its on and on full when ever the main light is on, meaning to get near the normal 3hour run time you've got to drop the main light to low. So yes both on full 1/2 the run time.

You can't use with a piggy back battery to get a longer run time.

SSC P4's are what 2years old, why are they still using those they are very wasteful and don't make good bike lights anyway, think 150lumens, TR801's out perform a straight Joystick Maxx for $17 and batterys are cheap and swappable and very similar weights.

If they moved to R2's they could get a 50% actual light out the front increase with no loss of run time, idiots!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Saw this at bike radar live, old news!!

Its got what plants crave
    I like the look of that TR801, but I read reviews that it's not coming with the Q5 emitter or whatever, and isn't putting out 230 lumens. Looks like a good deal IF it puts out the right amount of light. Can anyone comment on that?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I got a 5 mode it was still better than the Joystick Maxx but the LED didn't look the same as my other Q5 so I suspect it wasn't a real Q5, my 1200ma Q5 leaves the Joystick and my R2 Torch for dead though.

There is a Auroro R2 $26 I think, thats small and powerful and alledegly runs well with a 18650.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    SSC P4's are what 2years old, why are they still using those they are very wasteful and don't make good bike lights anyway, think 150lumens, ...
    If they moved to R2's they could get a 50% actual light out the front increase with no loss of run time, idiots!!
    R2s are 18months old.
    SSC P4 U2 bin is 100 to 118lm so not far below the R2 at 114 to 122lm.
    And they are better suited to reflectors as they have a wider beam pattern(more light is caught by the reflector).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    But I've had P4's in Hope 1 Vision and seen them in the Joysticks and compared them to Q5 and R2 Torches which leave them for dead.

Quite amazing, R2's been out for 18months and MC-E for I guess 1 year or very near and P7 longer.

LED Progress, really has slowed down hasn't it

Members who have read this thread: 0