New 700 Candlepower Cateye EL-450- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New 700 Candlepower Cateye EL-450

I have a Cateye EL-400, and it's a great little light. I clip it to my helmet for early morning commutes. When the sun starts coming up later though, I put a NiteRider TrailRat 2.0 on my bars. It's heavy, and it's a pain to recharge though. So, I was thinking about just putting a second EL-400 on the other side of my helmet-- Viking style.

But then I just found out that the EL-400 was discontinued. I've seen them on EBay for under $10, but then I read a review that the EL-450 is 4x as bright, at 400 Candlepower. Then I was looking on Cateye's website, and I saw that they are introducing a new model this year with 700 candlepower, and it looks like the new model has a different mount system.

Does anyone know where I can get this new 700 Candlepower model? Much appreciated.

mtbr member
    The website says they've bumped the output on a lot of their models. They haven't updated the model #s though. The mount looks a little different so I guess keep checking the LBS until you see the new one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    if your into the all in one light style, the cygolite milion 150 is on sale at jensenusa for $84. It will blow your cateyes away and still be light.

Members who have read this thread: 0