Need help picking a light.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Need help picking a light.

I will be doing an event called Dual at Dark, which consists of a 2 mile run/ 10 mile ride/ 2 mile run. It starts at 6:45pm so I know it will be starting to get dark towards the middle of the biking portion. The terrain will be bumpy grassy trails amongst tree lines so it will probably be rather dark even before the sun sets completely.

So what I am looking for is a light that will mount on my bars that will not shake apart and will mount and stay where I want it. It needs to have enough battery life for , to play it safe, 1.5 hours. I also would hope that I could find it on Amazon since I need to place an order anyways.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Do you have a light to run with?
    I live in Indy and work with the coolest people in the world at TreeStuff.com

Gotta have Bonnervision

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There are a few lights that are well regarded on amazon but many as the base for modification. If you want something that seems to be good to go out of the box and comes with a decent battery (most of the lesser price ones either have heat issues or cone with batteries of unknown quality) look up the nitefighter bt 40. It is currently 70 dollars shipped for the kit and has a quality battery and looks promising to run as is. I just ordered one myself

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I am gonna use my headlamp from work for the run. Super bright and not too terribly heavy.

Thanks for the recommendation of the night fighter bt40, will definitely check it out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I would recommend the Yinding. Very small, lightweight and has tons of light output. It can easily be adapted for head use with the use of special headband.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Can you use your headlight for the ride too?
    I live in Indy and work with the coolest people in the world at TreeStuff.com

Gotta have Bonnervision

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I probably could use it but not really sure how it would fit on my bike helmet. I would like to have one mounted on the bike just to save a lil time. Not like I am fast, but every little bit helps.

RAKC
    If you have time to order one, yinding from gearbest is good, from amazon, your runtime, im going to second the BT40. Most others are questionable (unless your planning to spend good $150-$200 on a light) mainly for the batteries having decent run time. If youg et lucky and get one that happened to have good cells int he pack ,then your good to go, if not....and its a TOTAL crap shoot.