My first build :yikes: and battery's:o- Mtbr.com

Sep 2009

My first build :yikes: and battery's:o

Hello, First of all A massive thankyou to all you fellow bikers, for posting ALL the helpfull info on self build lights, it is brilliant.
    My Question is this: I am about to build a single Led Cree MC-E Star, (my first project...) I want to have it helmet Mounted. I am planning to use a 700Mah powerpuck to drive it. First of all am I right in thinking that the LED will take the power,I know it will need some serious heat sinking.... also what is the smallest Battery you would recommend I am looking for a minimum burn time of approx 4hrs ish give or take for draw from the driver????
    Is there A way of calculating a Battery's life ? If this works I am planning to do a second build for my bars, and the battery thing eludes me...

If this is successfull I will post Pics and Project online I think This is fantastic...

mtbr member
    FYI, Probably want to put this over in the DIY bike light area.

MCE, good cooling ...Hmmmm

I might know of a really REALLY good design you might be able to use as a base for your project.

Hmm, where did that link go?

Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sdnative
    FYI, Probably want to put this over in the DIY bike light area.

MCE, good cooling ...Hmmmm

I might know of a really REALLY good design you might be able to use as a base for your project.

Hmm, where did that link go?

Ha ha thankyou, I will Take a look, And move To the Diy Area.

Members who have read this thread: 0