MS/DX charger turns green in just 30 minutes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

MS/DX charger turns green in just 30 minutes

I just bought 4 lights from a friend who bought a total of 20pcs from ebay to sell to his friends. While testing, I found one of the four to be particularly weird when it comes to charging. Beginning with the other three having a residual factory charge. They fired right up when you plug the battery right out of the box. The single problematic unit has ZERO.

When I tried to charge it, the charger turned green shortly after, probably around 20-30 minutes. When I tried firing it up, the light lasted for only 8 minutes then it went completely dead.

Recharged it, turned green immediately, then DEAD after 10 minutes.

What do I have to do? Help.

mtbr member
    You need to ask your friend for a new battery pack (assuming the other chargers turn green quickly with the same battery pack as well).
    "It looks flexy"

ballbuster

sounds like a bad battery.

Quote Originally Posted by crudscraper
    I just bought 4 lights from a friend who bought a total of 20pcs from ebay to sell to his friends. While testing, I found one of the four to be particularly weird when it comes to charging. Beginning with the other three having a residual factory charge. They fired right up when you plug the battery right out of the box. The single problematic unit has ZERO.

When I tried to charge it, the charger turned green shortly after, probably around 20-30 minutes. When I tried firing it up, the light lasted for only 8 minutes then it went completely dead.

If you bought it from Geoman, I'm sure he will swap it right out for you, if you got it recently. If you got it from DX, it may take a while. If you can do without it for a while, great. If not, you may be better off buying a spare battery from Geoman. IIRC, they are like $40. Might be worth it just to save hassle factor.

Somebody was saying that there is something about the charge regulator circuit in the battery needing some kind of resetting or calibrating or something. Like, full charge, discharge, twice... and that may bring it back. It's probably just a bad charger circuit board in the battery.

*edit*

Oh... didn't read it that closely. On second thought, just buy a new pack if you can't get your friend to 'warranty' replace it for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crudscraper

What are voltage levels when fully charged and discharged ? What is the voltage output from the charger (on back if mg should be 8.4), is that what it is putting out ?
    Best bet for this light is Geomangear.com.
    I ordered there after much research on the forums and got the kind of service I thought I would get with my bad cell on this great light.
    I have ordered lights over many years from all the traditional industry players and payed allot more but never had as quick a service turn-around as this with various issues. Just use the search function and check it out.
    Last edited by glovemtb; 02-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0