mounts for 1" body flashlight- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

mounts for 1" body flashlight

I see that there are some high-performance flashlights now available. As I have a preference for self-contained lighting vs the separate battery pack, cord, and light 'head', I have decided to go this route. While 300 lumens is not the brightest on the planet, it should work for my purposes.

So, who makes handlebar mounts (both the new large-diameter bars and the older 'standard' bar diameter) for a 1" flashlight? What about helmet mounts for the same? While I am aware of the advantages of helmet mounts, I have a child who would likely be better off with the bar mount, hence my interest in both types.

Ideally I would like a mount that can quickly attach or detach the light, while the receiver remains attached to the bars. That is one thing the 10-year-old 4AA battery Cateye lights did correctly - quick release mountings. Certainly the light output wasn't their strong suit

Thanks in advance,

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Try the TwoFish Lockblocks, or their clones. They have both perpendicular blocks for the handlebars, and parallel blocks which I've used for a helmet flashlight, and also for frame mounting pumps and batteries.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Members who have read this thread: 0