Mounting a Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ Cyo on a MTB- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Mounting a Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ Cyo on a MTB

Hi

Probably a bit of a left field question but hopefully a few ideas will come forward. I use my MTB, a Giant XTC 2 a hardtail for off-road touring and I am looking at fitting a hub dynamo to the bike and a Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ Cyo . My problem is mounting the Lumotec IQ Cyo.

The bike is normally fitted with a handlebar bag which pretty much rules out using the handlebar. It will also have a Tubus Swing rack fitted to.

Peter White Cycles seems to suggest that this bracket works with disc brakes but I can't see how it would work.

Given all the above any ideas on how to mount the Lumotec IQ Cyo?

Thanks
    Andrew

mtbr member
    where do you want to mount it? Can you knock a bracket up out of scrap metal?

my only idea would be to make a bracket to attach it to the front of the rack, which would be ideal from a beam perspective too. The bar bag rules out any higher (you can't go under it as your rack would interfere) and panniers rule out mounting it to the side of the fork, which isn't a great idea anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    where do you want to mount it? Can you knock a bracket up out of scrap metal?

my only idea would be to make a bracket to attach it to the front of the rack, which would be ideal from a beam perspective too. The bar bag rules out any higher (you can't go under it as your rack would interfere) and panniers rule out mounting it to the side of the fork, which isn't a great idea anyway.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes it seems that the best option is to mount it where the stay connects to the front of the rack. This photo has been posted elsewhere which looks like an option and will also pick-up on your point about the beam.

Hopefully a bracket will not need to be made up given my skills in that area (read none ).

Andrew

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Does that elaborate rack do anything other than hold a light? Is it designed to hold bags that clip on somehow?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugano View Post
    Does that elaborate rack do anything other than hold a light? Is it designed to hold bags that clip on somehow?
    Yep ... panniers clip on to those horizontal bars. Tubus are well renown for their racks.

Andrew

mtbr member
    I agree, that looks just about perfect to me