Majicshine battery charge times- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Majicshine battery charge times

a couple of questions.

1- how long for a typical charge for a standard magicshine battery using the charger that comes in the kit? its been on for at least 4 hours and the light is still red

2- does the battery get warm when its on charge?

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    4+ hours and the battery should stay fairly cool.

mtbr member
    ok, thanks, battery has stayed cool, but the red light on the charger has not changed, its been about 3 or so hours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitto
    ok, thanks, battery has stayed cool, but the red light on the charger has not changed, its been about 3 or so hours.
    I believe the new batteries will actually shut the charger off (or at least stop the charging) after 5 hours. The battery does not seem to get hot at all. When done, the light should turn green......

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    With lithium batteries they do not get warm when close to being done charging like Nimh ones do.

mtbr member
    Pitto it depends what kind of charger you have... Currently Magicshine chargers are available in many versions from 600mA to 1900mA - that means that you can spend on charging your battery from 3 to 12 hours...

mtbr member
    thanks for the feedback, i have not really done much night riding where the battery was fully drained, and needed a charge, but i am racing 24h this weekend.

it took about 5 - 6 hours for the light to go green, but i was happy it did turn green

i will have to check it out, on the charger it had 1.8ah but i will have to rig it up to the multimeter and see what it comes in at.

pretty happy overall considering it only cost $80.00 aus at the time, so i cant complain.

i do need to get a couple of spare battery's though, they are cheap enough to have a couple spare.

mtbr member
    does the magicshine 900 $90 light come with a mount kit for the battery?

Members who have read this thread: 0