Magicshine problem Single Track store CS awesome- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Magicshine problem Single Track store CS awesome

My 8 mo. old Magicshine started rattling inside. I use it on the bars. Then the light switched from a 5 mode to a 3 mode. Then the on/off mode switch in the back quit working.

Reade at the Singletrack store sent a new one right away. He didn't have to warrant the light as the warranty was 3 months and it's really the manufacturers responsibility. Hopefully Reade will be able to send the old one back to the manufacturer.

Anyhow, this light may need to be used on the helmet only. Curious to know if others are using it on the bars and how it's holding up for those of you using it on the bars.

Thx again to Reade.

MB

Do It Yourself
    I'm glad you got it worked out. It's not the most robust light on the market but neither were NiteRider digital lights. Only 3 modes would be great on this light if it were just high-med-low eliminating the two flicker modes and the undocumented enhancement 6th mode, "off". There is no need to have "off" in the mode cycle. You can just press and hold the button to turn it off as it is with many lights.

I've used the MS on the bar but not extensively. I didn't really like the hot spot beam pattern which works much better on the helmet. Optics seemed to be able to give a much better even spread for a front flood than reflectors. I have a triple Cree with Cute-3 medium optic which has a perfectly smooth beam on the bars.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    My 8 mo. old Magicshine started rattling inside. I use it on the bars. Then the light switched from a 5 mode to a 3 mode. Then the on/off mode switch in the back quit working.

Reade at the Singletrack store sent a new one right away. He didn't have to warrant the light as the warranty was 3 months and it's really the manufacturers responsibility. Hopefully Reade will be able to send the old one back to the manufacturer.

Anyhow, this light may need to be used on the helmet only. Curious to know if others are using it on the bars and how it's holding up for those of you using it on the bars.

Thx again to Reade.

MB
    Reade was great for me to deal w/ also. He even hand delivered mine!!!!

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323

MB
    The VAST majority of Magicshines in use are bar mounted and they are holding up great, according to the feedback we've received (constant).

Ride on!

Geo
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Magicshine Light Dealer
    Happy to help a fellow cyclist.

I always run at least one on the bars and have my original lightsets from July 2009 still going strong; they were the pre-improvement 3-mode long cord model as well. I received plenty of good in-person feedback from racers at the 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo, awesome product especially at the price.
    Cheers Reade
    www.thesingletrackstore.com
    Magicshine 900 & 1400 Lumen Cycling Light Dealer in Arizona

Members who have read this thread: 0