Magicshine leds still on- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Magicshine leds still on

I just received a Magicshine - ordered a second one on ebay - and noticed that with the harness plugged in and the unit turned off the leds are still on, but at a very low level, just glowing somewhat. Otherwise it works fine. I usually either run it or if I am not using it unplug the wire. Wondering if anyone has any answers as to why it is doing this - possibly the switch?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    this is by design as i understand it.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by NewNRS3
    I just received a Magicshine - ordered a second one on ebay - and noticed that with the harness plugged in and the unit turned off the leds are still on, but at a very low level, just glowing somewhat. Otherwise it works fine. I usually either run it or if I am not using it unplug the wire. Wondering if anyone has any answers as to why it is doing this - possibly the switch?
    Sounds like a problem with the driver leaking a little current in the off state. The switch on the back doesn't directly control the power flow to the LED, but instead sends a signal to the driver's microprocessor which then controls some type of high power FET (field effect transistor). Possibility that FET is leaky. I'd say if it bugs you a replacement from the seller is probably in order.

Karl

GeoMan
    A constantly glowing LED is not right.

Seek a replacement lighthead.

Geo
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    OP, are you talking about the led light itself or the switch on the back?
    Last edited by JordyB; 02-25-2010 at 05:32 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It relates to the actual LEDs themselves - the Seller I am dealing with is sending a replacement. It may function perfectly but one never knows if it may suddenly fail.

Members who have read this thread: 0