Magicshine Battery failure- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Magicshine Battery failure

One of the resistors on the board controlling the battery failed after only 4 uses. I opened up the casing and took a look thinking it might be a quick solder fix because I was on my way out the door to go riding, so I doubt that there is any warranty possible now. Kind of a bummer that a replacement is $37.99.
    Last edited by dirthead451; 03-24-2010 at 08:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    As you've already opened it you could buy a 2S protection circuit from battery space 2S PCB
    So long as you're handy with a soldering iron and have a steady hand you should be ok.

Tip,
    As the pads are fairly close together, solder the wires onto the pads first then onto the cells, (this will help prevent damaging anything on the board)

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by dirthead451
    One of the resistors on the board controlling the battery failed after only 4 uses. I opened up the casing and took a look thinking it might be a quick solder fix because I was on my way out the door to go riding, so I doubt that there is any warranty possible now. Kind of a bummer that a replacement is $37.99.
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    It seems unfair to Magicshine the way you've labeled the thread, "another Magichine battery failure."

Most -if not all- of the battery failures I've read about here and elsewhere on the net were due to them not being properly waterproofed. Who's burden was it to waterproof them? I think MS should have done it. However, it was common knowledge early on they needed to be waterproofed, and since MS didn't, new owners that didn't waterproof them took their chances. This is the first time I remember reading about an actual defect in the equipment. Your title implies its more common than it actually is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Don't be such a puss. It's my battery that failed.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by dirthead451
    Don't be such a puss. It's my battery that failed.
    If you purchased from us, we'll fix you up. No worries. Send a message HERE.

Ride on!

Geo
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Magicshine Light Dealer
    Also Dirthead I sent you a PM a couple of days ago to see if you got it from us, offering replacement. Cheers Reade
    www.thesingletrackstore.com
    Magicshine 900 & 1400 Lumen Cycling Light Dealer in Arizona

Members who have read this thread: 0