Magicshine 900 runtime on Medium and Low- Mtbr.com
    viva la v-brakes!

Magicshine 900 runtime on Medium and Low

Hi All, I'm getting ready for a 12-hour night race, and I'm hoping that with 2 batteries and running on medium my Magicshine can get me through the whole night. However, I haven't been able to find any info on the run time of these lights on medium and low online. Anyone know these figures?
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473
    Hi All, I'm getting ready for a 12-hour night race, and I'm hoping that with 2 batteries and running on medium my Magicshine can get me through the whole night. However, I haven't been able to find any info on the run time of these lights on medium and low online. Anyone know these figures?
    Well I don't own a MS but I am familiar with the P-7 led. Geoman lists the MS 900 as running 3hrs on high. I do believe I recall someone saying that they got more than that ( maybe 3.5hr ) out of theirs. On my P-7 torch I can get three hours on the medium setting ( or more ) with just one 18650 cell. However the MS might have a medium setting run at a slightly higher current rate. My bet is that you would get at least 6-7hrs ( on one 4-cell pack ) if run entirely on the medium setting.

Since you own the MS and are doing the race I think it would be a real good idea to do your own run-time test. Just make sure the battery is fully charged and that you keep a fan running on the light head while running the test. That way you can remove any doubt.

FWIW, I'm interested in the run time of the MS on medium as well. I hope to hear the results when they are *done. (* or if someone else posts-up )

Members who have read this thread: 0