Magicshine 1400 @ DX- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Magicshine 1400 @ DX

Hi All,

I am in possession of a credit voucher @ DX.

Does anyone know if DX will be carrying the new Magicshine 1400 so I can offset the unit's cost with the credit voucher?

Thanks

GeoMan
    Don't count on it for a bit. We did the design work with the Magicshine folks so we got the opportunity to be "first to market" with the Magicshine 1400 (our proprietary name for this incredible light, BTW).

Enjoy!

Geo
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Sell the voucher to somebody and get it from Geo.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    About time.

How do I do that?
    Ouch Geoman, what did they give you, about a month or so before they offered it on DX? I guess thats how they do business over there.

Anyway, for an extra $10 plus S&H, I'll be sticking with Geoman (or the SingleTrack Store). I doubt DX will send me a replacement mount for my MS900 like Geoman did when I crashed and broke my mount

Nothing like good old fashioned customer service

GeoMan
    Hey Tuff, thanks for the mention, we're here to help. Ride on!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong
    Ouch Geoman, what did they give you, about a month or so before they offered it on DX? I guess thats how they do business over there.

Anyway, for an extra $10 plus S&H, I'll be sticking with Geoman (or the SingleTrack Store). I doubt DX will send me a replacement mount for my MS900 like Geoman did when I crashed and broke my mount

Nothing like good old fashioned customer service
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

On/off switch for Magicshine?

I'd like to have an on/off switch to fully disconnect a Magicshine 900 or 1400 battery without unplugging it (to deactivate the always-on LED on the control button).

Is the item at this link appropriate to do that?

https://www.batteryspace.com/compone...connector.aspx

Thanks for your advice!
    Last edited by maxitout; 04-17-2010 at 05:52 AM.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    i saw some of the lights at other "retailers" sites, but geo's were the only ones with any feedback. and most of the feedback is good. course, after i ordered i found some posts that make me wonder if i shoulda gone w 2 900s instead of the 2300. either way, i'm sure its gonna be a kick ass system.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmfat
    i saw some of the lights at other "retailers" sites, but geo's were the only ones with any feedback. and most of the feedback is good. course, after i ordered i found some posts that make me wonder if i shoulda gone w 2 900s instead of the 2300. either way, i'm sure its gonna be a kick ass system.
    After having ridden personally with 1 x 900 on the helmet and 2 x 900s on the bars, I can say that I prefer the broader spill of the 1400 on the bars than the 2 x 900s (the 2 x 900s had plenty of throw but sometimes not exactly where you wanted it). I'm sure you will be happy let us know if you need assistance.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    sounds great. i was lookin at lights and didnt know if i wanted helmet or bar mount, found your lights. decision made.

GeoMan
    sounds great. i was lookin at lights and didnt know if i wanted helmet or bar mount, found your lights. decision made.
    We've had great feedback on the 1400 it really does spread the light well, the command control button gives you precise control without releasing your grip and the price is hard to beat with these features. When you add the more spot focused 900 on the helmet it really is a very nice package.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    so until i work up the scratch for a 2nd 2300, would the 1400 work on my buddy's helmet? or would the beam be too flooded? we'll be riding rather slow on some very easytrails.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Anybody know the average shipping time for DX to North America?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Anybody know the average shipping time for DX to North America?
    It depends on the following: Is what you're ordering in stock?....Is it a multiple order with some items in stock and others not?....is it Chinese New year?...

To Eastcoast USA.... anywhere from 2.5-6 weeks ( from my experience ). Expect 6 weeks if ordering a newly released ( hot ) item. Sometimes small items like batteries, drivers or led's get back ordered as well if they run out. My longest wait was 5 weeks when I ordered my first P-7 torch...( when they were a new item ). Last time I ordered it took about three weeks...not bad for free shipping.

GeoMan
    so until i work up the scratch for a 2nd 2300, would the 1400 work on my buddy's helmet? or would the beam be too flooded? we'll be riding rather slow on some very easytrails.
    The 1400 will work on the helmet although it's beam pattern is really intended for use on the bars. It will do just fine on your buddy's helmet especially with the type of trails you described above.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Members who have read this thread: 0