Magic shine connector failure- Mtbr.com
    Albany West Oz

Magic shine connector failure

I have had two batteries fail, one mine another a mates, as the connection to the centre pin has come loose, the Aussie online guy I purchased them from has fallen off the map, can anyone suggest a source for the connectors, other than buying an extension I suppose and cutting the end off that...

Is this a known issue? Symptom is light works then suddenly stops, use multimeter to check inside pin to end of wire no connection, pull red wire gently, out she comes..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freediver
    I have had two batteries fail, one mine another a mates, as the connection to the centre pin has come loose, the Aussie online guy I purchased them from has fallen off the map, can anyone suggest a source for the connectors, other than buying an extension I suppose and cutting the end off that...

Is this a known issue? Symptom is light works then suddenly stops, use multimeter to check inside pin to end of wire no connection, pull red wire gently, out she comes..
    Did you waterproof the batteries?
    Who was the seller?

Dont forget to fill in the poll:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/poll.php?do=s...ts&pollid=2407

Albany West Oz
    Hi, no didn't waterproof the batteries but then they didn't get wet and as the problem was loose wiring that isn't likely to be a mitigating circumstance. (Hope that make s sense just made that word up.)

Bought them here http://www.bikelights.com.au/b/34199/1/magicshine.html which was online and not returning my emails or calls then was offline and now is back online, but since then I have pulled the battery shrink wrap off and isolated the problem, which in one universe is doing their work for them, but in the commercial universe it is called voiding the warranty.

Ho hum, will buy a Y connector and cut the connectors off that I think.

mtbr member
    Hi, no didn't waterproof the batteries but then they didn't get wet and as the problem was loose wiring that isn't likely to be a mitigating circumstance. (Hope that make s sense just made that word up.)

Bought them here http://www.bikelights.com.au/b/34199/1/magicshine.html which was online and not returning my emails or calls then was offline and now is back online, but since then I have pulled the battery shrink wrap off and isolated the problem, which in one universe is doing their work for them, but in the commercial universe it is called voiding the warranty.

Ho hum, will buy a Y connector and cut the connectors off that I think.
    They don't list magicshine lights anymore. Just orings and mounts. Maybe they had too many recalls?

GeoMan
    Freediver, PM us your info, we'll help you out

GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Albany West Oz
    Wow, sorted by Geoman. That was amazing service, well not service really as I didn't buy my light there, it was just a very nice thing to do. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0