Magic Shine 808 vs 868- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Magic Shine 808 vs 868

I can't decide which Magic Shine to buy for supplemental lighting, the MJ 808U- 2013 model (1100 lumens) or the MJ 868 (1000 lumens).
    This is going to be a helmet mount and used as backup for my bar mount system. I ride usually around 3 hours in tight, twisty, rooty, and rocky singletrack.
    Last edited by GrannyGearGnome; 09-24-2012 at 01:42 PM.

mtbr member
    They are almost the same - 868 have better (higher capacity, better mount) battery pack and the switch is on the top - thats all.

Lumen output for 868/808 is so similar that it is almost impossible to distinguish which is which...

In both cases the real lumen output is about 750 lumens

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Seriously, the U2 bin is only 50 lumens better than the T6 bin and from what I've read on other forums, the colour tint is more purple currently.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just received the 808u from lightjunction.com today. Came out to about $100 with the helmet mount. The shipping was free and it made it across the country under five days from when I ordered it.

The only thing I noticed right off the bat is no strobe mode. It's not an issue for me. I know some city riders like the strobe to keep cars aware.

There's three or four of us that are going to take it through it's paces over the next month so hopefully I'll have a update with positive results.

I'd have to agree with others. For the price, this thing is brighter than anything else I've ever had. I realize it's most likely not an actual 1100 lumens but it's darn close. Nice wide beam for the peripherals. If this thing works out, it will be hard to justify spending $200 or more for the better known brands.

mtbr member
    I have the 808, use it as a helmet light and it's the best light I've ever owned. I would, actually will, buy this light again in a heartbeat.

Members who have read this thread: 0