Lupine Betty 2 coming soon...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Lupine Betty 2 coming soon...

Spilling the beans: Betty with integrated PCS will be coming soon... it's gonna be a bit brighter AND cheaper than the original... wow ;-)
    Check this link for further info:
    http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=452136

Lupine Betty 2 coming soon...-lupinebettyii8.jpg

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    good to hear

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

... and if we just ...

Can't read German,but Betty is to have 2200 lumens minimum, and an optional 22 degree optic.Also Wilma to have an optional 20 degree optic to follow.Brighter and more spill, can't wait.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Conflicting information,my apology's as i was able to make out in the link radirpok provided there claims of 1850 lumens.My source which is a North American distributer of Lupine products made claims of 2200 lumens.Tend to think 1850 sounds more acurate as i'm not sure how Lupine would squeeze another 450 lumens out of the same XPG's.Guess anything is possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt
    i'm not sure how Lupine would squeeze another 450 lumens out of the same XPG's
    XPGs have recently been respec'd to drive safely at 1.5A giving around 30% higher output.
    http://www.cree.com/press/press_deta...=1265814791138

mtbr member
    The wider optic is a must for the Betty IMO. I upgraded my Betty and it is bright as heck, but i would like a wider beam. I am definitely NOT a fan of the integrated PCS though. I like to adjust my light output frequently without ever taking my hand off the grip and the Peppi switch holder works perfect at holding the switch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ
    The wider optic is a must for the Betty IMO. I upgraded my Betty and it is bright as heck, but i would like a wider beam.
    The wider optic is already on the pricelist, will take a month or two to arrive.

Lupine Betty 2 coming soon...-lupine_pricelist_2010.png

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Additional info here:
    http://www.lupine.de/phpBB3/viewtopi...tart=30#p17668

Name:  Dimmlevel.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  13.3 KB

They say that these lumen values were actually measured in an Ulbricht sphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrating_sphere), no longer giving an opportunity to competitors for marketing attacks (hello, Light&Motion!).

Gosh, I sound like I was hired by Lupine, well, I'm not, I'm simply a happy customer ;-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radirpok
    The wider optic is already on the pricelist, will take a month or two to arrive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lupine_pricelist_2010.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	530222
    Thanks for the info radirpok. I am definitely picking up a Betty 22 degree lens when it's available. I will be annoyed to have to spend more money on the lens as this should have been an option from the beginning. Those of us who bought the upgrade kits right away didn't have an option to choose between lenses. I am however keeping my upgraded Wilma light at the standard 15 degrees b/c I like the beam on that the way it is for my helmet.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ
    Thanks for the info radirpok. I am definitely picking up a Betty 22 degree lens when it's available. I will be annoyed to have to spend more money on the lens as this should have been an option from the beginning. Those of us who bought the upgrade kits right away didn't have an option to choose between lenses. I am however keeping my upgraded Wilma light at the standard 15 degrees b/c I like the beam on that the way it is for my helmet.
    Ditto that...same here.

I already upgraded both my Wilma & Betty...The wider lens for the bar mounted Betty will be killer and I'll keep the narrower spot lens for the helmet Wilma.

Church of the Wheel
    You can run the German thread through Google language tools to get a reasonably understandable translation into English. This link may or may not work: http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Of note, they're not discontinuing the external PCS switch for those who prefer that configuration.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    The weight of the Betty 2 seems to be reduced by a bit, which would be better for helmet mounting. The original Betty with the external switch is shown weighing in at 169g while the Betty 2 comes in at 129g. That is a plus for sure.

BBW
    mtbr member
    hummmmm sounds very good but its out of my league... I will just wait for the wide lens to upgrade my Wilma though

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cool. 2200 lumens..... That would be fun.

J.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know when would it be available?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Should be in the next two weeks for Betty 2, Wilma 20degree optic a little after that i believe.

Members who have read this thread: 0