Lumicycle Explorer 2016- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lumicycle Explorer 2016

Very excited about this one. LumiCycle have just confirmed they are sending me a set of Explorers to review. The interesting thing about the 2016 editions of these lights is that you can control up to five lights from 1 master light. They communicate via rf signal so that the lights change modes together. Bit like the newly announced lupines, but with out using bluetooth.

Explorer 2016 Twin Enduro Pro Pack - EXPLORER from £185 - Extreme

Indepth review to come.

heres My video review

Last edited by spankone; 10-23-2015 at 06:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    The interesting thing about the 2016 editions of these lights is that you can control up to five lights from 1 master light. They communicate via rf signal so that the lights change modes together. Bit like the newly announced lupines, but with out using bluetooth.
    That's interesting! I hope they're somehow encoded (or 'paired' in bluetooth's language), to prevent one rider from being controlled by another?

And IMHO, 3.1 A/h battery for 6000 lumen light looks a bit surprising...

mtbr member
    Lucky you. Those are some very bright well made lamps. Certainly not cheap. Do you get to keep them or do you have to send them back when finished?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Looked for more information about this light; the RF control is encoded indeed:
    http://www.lumicycle.com/media/manua...work-setup.pdf

Runtime at max output is 2 hours, so probably they use higher voltage than common 2S batteries...

mtbr member

Lumicycle Explorer 2016

I do get to keep them most lights are gifted to friends that help me out with my videos. I just keep the extra special ones. Mainly Fenix lights, or my tiny sun. These won't be gifted though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Getting a free light makes light the the review less than honest in my opinion. They are not going to send you a $854.12 light for free and not expect a positive review.

They should be marked as PAID SPAM.

mtbr member
    I get your point. But I've reviewed lots of lights by now and I always give an honest opinion. Xeccon didn't like my review and asked me to change it, but I kept it up and didn't change it. Fenix are good because they listen to constructive criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...uGR3lRS08W6Im_

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Getting a free light makes light the the review less than honest in my opinion. They are not going to send you a $854.12 light for free and not expect a positive review.

They should be marked as PAID SPAM.
    That would be stereotyping anyone who reviews a lamp given them for free ( for review purposes ) as being dishonest for personal gain. I would characterize that idea as being very pessimistic about basic human moral standards. That theory pretty much assumes that the moral principles of the average person can easily be bought for a mere hand full of cash. Just because there are actually people like that doesn't mean everyone is like that.

There are honest people and dishonest people. Life if full of variables and when it comes to people and their personality traits, generally there is always a mix of the good and the bad. If I were an overly bad person and wanted to misrepresent a product why not just tell everyone I bought the stuff myself and give a glowing review. I mean really, how would you know I was lying? The answer, "You don't". That said if you really believe universally that anyone doing a review for a free lamp is going to lie, "Why even waste your time reading the review"? Why read articles and reviews of products from people you don't know or trust. Heck, why even read the reviews done by Francois? The website obviously makes money from advertisements, "Why trust them"?

Hey, everyone has an opinion. I'm not here hoping to be universally liked by everyone. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinion and I'm fine with that. Nevertheless I'm going to stick by my opinions unless someone gives me enough reason for me to believe that I was wrong in what I said. If I'm proven wrong about something I'll say I was wrong. It's okay to be wrong once in a while. I have no problem about being wrong. If I thought I was always going to be right about everything I thought or wrote than I think I really would have a problem.

Honesty though is another issue. I'm sure there are people who are willing to lie for money, fringe benefits or even for personal prestige . That said rarely do they go around with the words, " I'm a Jerk, an Egotist and a Freaking liar", tattooed on their foreheads. If you really don't know if someone is lying about something you have to be respectful to them or you end up embarrassing yourself. ( been there, done that ). Besides, reviews are basically just someone's opinion on a particular product. The more you know about the reviewer, the more ( or less ) you can trust their opinion. Personally If I think someone is a jerk or liar I just try to ignore them.

mtbr member
    Hurrah, well said Cat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    I get your point. But I've reviewed lots of lights by now and I always give an honest opinion.... Xeccon didn't like my review and asked me to change it, but I kept it up and didn't change it....
    I'm curious, what Xeccon lamp did you review that you didn't like? I saw your review of the 1211 and the Sogn 1300 on Youtube. I didn't see anything you said that was overly negative ...??? Was there another lamp?

mtbr member
    They claimed a higher output, but I took the more honest details from mtbr, also the price on my video didn't reflect that of the UK seller as I quoted the price from mtbr evolution.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    That would be stereotyping anyone who reviews a lamp given them for free ( for review purposes ) as being dishonest for personal gain. I would characterize that idea as being very pessimistic about basic human moral standards. That theory pretty much assumes that the moral principles of the average person can easily be bought for a mere hand full of cash. Just because there are actually people like that doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    Ok, I deserve that little jab. I didn't mean it to be blanket statement, although in retrospect it clearly is. Just to be clear, I always trust your reviews along with those provided by the other regular forum visitors.

spankone, I have read you reviews in the past, they were very comprehensive, but I found them to be little light on the negative aspects of the products and that bothered me. Maybe that was just my perception at the time, and if I reread all your reviews I would stand corrected. I don't know. If I am wrong, then I apologize.

I am looking forward to your review of this light. With a price tag of $850, this is going to be one bad-ass light, and you probably couldn't find anything negative to say about it even if you wanted too. It probably doesn't have any negatives!

I'm going to take the Cat's advice and keep my mouth shut on these types of issues.

mtbr member
    Your right I do try not to be overly negative.

But every now and then....

https://youtu.be/gyiiLFsYHgM

mtbr member

mtbr member

2 explorers on boost.

mtbr member
    So I've finished an uploaded my video review, I hope you like it, although I feel I may get slammed for liking it to much. But it really is that good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wpOudxdY8Y