Lume Strata HID Battery Replacement???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lume Strata HID Battery Replacement???

I have a Lume Strata HID that has a bad battery. I just crawled out from the rock I've been living under and noticed that Lume Lighting appears to be out of business. Has anybody found a good option for replacement? Or does anybody want to buy a nice, barely used HID without a battery

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Were you able to find a battery? I am in the market for one myself.

Do It Yourself
    You can rebuild the battery with new cells. And honestly, they probably aren't all bad so you may only need to replace one or two. If you can't get the tube apart neatly, you can rebuild something similar in PVC pipe or just shrink-wrap the pack. I think Lume used a 9 cell 4/3A NiMH pack. You can get new cells here:

http://www.batterystation.com/nicads.htm
    HR-4/3AU SALE
    WITH Solder Tabs
    Limited Supply Sanyo Ni-MH 4000 55 $ 4.00 Buy

Or you can save your money for a new system which will be better in the long run.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the info. I will try to open my battery pack and look for bad cells tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    You can rebuild the battery with new cells. And honestly, they probably aren't all bad so you may only need to replace one or two. If you can't get the tube apart neatly, you can rebuild something similar in PVC pipe or just shrink-wrap the pack. I think Lume used a 9 cell 4/3A NiMH pack. You can get new cells here:

http://www.batterystation.com/nicads.htm
    HR-4/3AU SALE
    WITH Solder Tabs
    Limited Supply Sanyo Ni-MH 4000 55 $ 4.00 Buy

Or you can save your money for a new system which will be better in the long run.

mtbr member
    also look at www.batteryspace.com. They have options for the Lume and others. I bought a Lith ion battery about 18 mos ago and it worked great until it quit a couple of mos ago. I really like the Lume, so it will be my backup to my Strykr pro, or use both for a killer setup.

Members who have read this thread: 0