• 11-09-2011
    bank5
    Lost battery AC Adapter...
    I lost the AC adapter to charge my new GeoMan battery. How can I tell if a new adapter will be compatible...such as this one - AC to DC 12V 1A Power Adaptor with 5.4mm DC Plug - US Type (110~240V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme ?

How long does shipping from DealExtreme take to California?
  • 11-09-2011
    bank5
    I also saw this on eBay - New Camera Power Supply Ac To Dc Port Power Adapter Ac/Dc 100V 240V 4Ft Travel | eBay

This one is only 5V vs 12V for the DX one. Does that make a difference charging a 7.2V battery?
  • 11-09-2011
    gmcttr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    I lost the AC adapter to charge my new GeoMan battery.
    How the heck do you....nevermind.

How can I tell if a new adapter will be compatible?
    You can't. As sensitive as the GMG battery protection circuit is, just buy the correct one from Geomangear.

How long does shipping from DealExtreme take to California?

a few weeks to over a month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    I also saw this on eBay......This one is only 5V vs 12V for the DX one. Does that make a difference charging a 7.2V battery?

Yes, it makes a big difference. The GMG charger has an output of 8.4v @ 1.8A, and that is what you need.
  • 11-09-2011
    bank5
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered the one off of GMG. I figure getting it sooner, and supporting a US company with excellent customer service is the better option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    How the heck do you....nevermind.

Well, I think I know where it is, but it's 3,000 miles away and I won't be able to get until a couple of months....:D