Looking for a new headlamp- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Looking for a new headlamp

I'm in the market for a new headlamp to replaced my twice dead Energizer Lithium headlamp.
    http://www.botachtactical.com/enhe.html

This is what I had. I had the driver go bad on the first one. and the replacement one the wire is too short and when I adjusted it to fit my big head it must have come loose and now shorts.

I popped it open but found no visible issues so back it went...still waiting on my 3rd replacement.

anyway, i want something more reliable and easier customer service to deal with in the event I have an issue.

I'm looking for the following:

Lithium rechargeable or Lithium AA compatibility
    removable battery pack / availablity of extras
    over the head and around the head strap
    no belt packs
    focus adjustable beam - LED or cree
    everything resistance/proof
    Decent to long battery life on medium/low settings
    min 10-15 hours on high setting
    pivot head
    Cost between $60-100

Basically just for general nighttime use, late evening/early morning photo walks, supplement helmet light, etc..
    2010 Trek 4300 Disc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DisrupTer911
    I'm in the market for a new headlamp to replaced my twice dead Energizer Lithium headlamp.
    http://www.botachtactical.com/enhe.html

This is what I had. I had the driver go bad on the first one. and the replacement one the wire is too short and when I adjusted it to fit my big head it must have come loose and now shorts.

I popped it open but found no visible issues so back it went...still waiting on my 3rd replacement.

anyway, i want something more reliable and easier customer service to deal with in the event I have an issue.

I'm looking for the following:

Lithium rechargeable or Lithium AA compatibility
    removable battery pack / availablity of extras
    over the head and around the head strap
    no belt packs
    focus adjustable beam - LED or cree
    everything resistance/proof
    Decent to long battery life on medium/low settings
    min 10-15 hours on high setting
    pivot head
    Cost between $60-100

Basically just for general nighttime use, late evening/early morning photo walks, supplement helmet light, etc..
    Hi;
    Have you checked with www.lightandgo.com ~?
    They have a small light called "FireFly". it is small and I heard the newer version will have adjustable beam. Of course, you can choose different battery pack to go with it.

Otherwise, we don't have adjustable beam, but your other requirements can be satisfied easily.
    Check and let us know if there is any light you may can use for your needs.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    This not really a bike subject but comes close. Anyway, I thought these might be interesting. Really hard to find something that fits everything you want. Damn, I don't how that Energizer is getting 10hrs run time @ 100 lumen. I checked D/X first and although they have brighter lights nothing that can run for 10 hrs at that output level.
    These are the best I could find that could match the run time using the same batteries at near the same output. One has an adjustable beam and is lighter. The other is a little brighter than the other. I would think either one good enough for hiking or running.

Cabela's XPG headlamp

Petzl Tikka XP2

edit: check out the Cabela's Alaskian guide series: a little more output and lot more money.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I know it's not fully bike related, but it's close. its for outdoor activities lol

I don't know how energizer does it to be honest.
    The Lithiums are fantastic though.

I think the closest thing to what I have already would be the Cabela Alaskian XP model.

The XPG and Petzl Tikka are too low lumen for what I prefer.
    2010 Trek 4300 Disc

Members who have read this thread: 0