Light storage when traveling- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Light storage when traveling

My family and I have a bunch of camping road trips planned for the summer and night rides are definitely in the mix so I had to figure out how to haul 12 lightheads and battery's safely without taking up to much space and knocking the crap out of them so this is what I came up with. They are fishing lure tackle boxes and light heads fit perfect. Battery's go in a ammo box.
    I just thought I would share because I know allot of us travel with our lights.
    Plano model #3730 or bass pro shops makes a similar one

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    This smaller one is perfect when I'm on the road by myself
    Last edited by Rakuman; 06-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

banned
    That's too cool

mtbr member
    Rakuman, Very nice indeed. Eventually I need to organize my bike light stuff, especially because I have so many torches. One of these days I will organize my whole house....one of these days....

On side note; How do you like the MS XM-L lights compared to the the MS P-7 lights?

Not to mention, if I need to know how reliable the MS batteries are i know who to ask.

mtbr member
    Cat the XM-L smokes the P7s has the same amount of spill, but way brighter The throw is were it shines, there no way you can outrun this on your helmet, and something floody on the bars.
    Its a little too spotty for the bars in my opinion.
    I'm going to get another pair for the bars and try one of Robs wide lenses and one normal lens for throw and see if that works better. it would be like a MS 1400 but WAY brighter and more throw, but it will eat up batteries I would have to run two.
    Last edited by Rakuman; 06-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Cat the XM-L smokes the P7s has the same amount of spill but way brighter the throw is were it shines there no way you can outrun this on your helmet and something floody on the bars its a little too spotty for the bars in my opinion.
    I'm going to get another pair for the bars and try one of Robs wide lenses and one normal lens for throw and see if that works better. it would be like a MS 1400 but WAY brighter and more throw, but eat up batteries would have to run two.
    Thanks for the info. Keeping everything nice, protected and compartmentalized goes a long way!

Keep us posted on this Rakuman. The XMLs do look very promising and coupled with Robs soft lens (i believe he has the new reflector now part of the lens) it should provide great bang for the buck!