Light Programming and Instructional Videos- Mtbr.com
    Gloworm Lights

Light Programming and Instructional Videos

Hi All,

Well as we always do, we're looking at getting some invaluable feedback from the most important people in the supply chain - you the customers.

We've received some very positive feedback about the X2's 4 selectable programmes. However nothing is perfect.

Additionally, we're about to prepare some instructional videos. But there's no point in producing videos that no one needs.

So, here are the questions:

1. If you could, how would you programme a light to control the brightness levels. What button sequences? How many light levels? Adjustable levels? Flashing frequency? You name it, we want to hear it! You never know your ideas could appear in our next light.....

2. What instructional/demo videos do you want to see appear on YouTube? Intro? Helmet setup? Programme changing? etc.

Thanks in advance for your input. Without you guys, we would be nothing!

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Gloworm Lights - 'Create Your Escape'
    High End LED Light Designer - New Zealand

mtbr member
    May 2012
    For me, I'd only worry about two modes (although I do like the idea of the current 4 modes!!).

For ease - I'll call the modes Commuter & MTB.

MTB Mode:
    • 300 Lumen
    • 650 Lumen
    • 1000 Lumen
    • Special mode - 1300 Lumen (Full)

Commuter mode:
    • 300 Lumen
    • 650 Lumen
    • 1000 Lumen
    • Special mode - flash (not a mental, stobing flash but c. 0.5 sec on / off (guess timing from blinking my eyes!!!) at about 650 Lumen)

I terms of operation, I'm comfortable with the current way of switching between modes. When the light is first turned on, I'd suggest it should default to the minimum lighting level (for the current mode and excluding any special modes if lower). Pressing the button should cycle between the lighting levels with each press going 1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 etc. etc. Press / hold should get you to the special mode. A press (in special mode) should return you to the light setting you were at prior to special mode.

Another (personal) request - rather than the elastic band mount, a 'proper' quick release would be good!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ... oh - one other thing (just thought of) .... a 'custom' mode. Some lights allow you to press-and-hold to scroll through / step through the lighting levels.

Some form of functionality where you can select your own lighting level would be good!

mtbr member
    cough cough Taskled UI

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quibble View Post
    ... oh - one other thing (just thought of) .... a 'custom' mode. Some lights allow you to press-and-hold to scroll through / step through the lighting levels.

Some form of functionality where you can select your own lighting level would be good!
    What Quibble said....

I like the current set-up very much however perhaps some tweaking...

I do like the idea of a "Custom" menu setting but only as long as the function of the mode switching remains the same once you get it set... ( circular ...L-M-H....L-M-H..Special- press and hold )

The only other thing I might suggest is to change the "Bush Programme" to "Race Programme" and have it set-up this way. > low ( 300lm ) medium ( 500lm ) High ( 900 lm )...Special mode ( Dim- 150lm )
    These settings should provide the racer with the needed output(s) and help maximize run time for the race. Then again I don't race so this is just an opinion based on my other experience. I've always been impressed with the 500 lumen mode on the "Adventure programme" and thought it would be really useful in a race to help extend run times. Of course if a "Custom Programme" is possible than all this is moot.

My favorite set-up ( for all-around use ) would be > Low (300lm) Medium ( 600lm ) and high ( Maximum output ) Special mode ( 150lm for slow climbs )

With all this said, I like the current set-up just fine and won't *cough* quibble about the small details.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I would just like a quick video showing how to get to each of the programs effectively. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

instructions

Hi all. Newb here, patrick. I am interested in the Gloworm light. I'm a bit frustrated because I would like to see a video of its operation. I have read the manual, but. Guess I will wait, and hope, for a video. I am curious as to if one has the ability to program any level of lumens from 0-1200 into the light. I have seen that you can do 300, 600, 900, etc. But I am a flashlight guy and a lot of the lights have that variable ramping ability. I read thru ALL the pages of this light in this forum and it wasn't until way later that I even found out that the remote switch did a L,M,H.

if I had one, I would do a video ")

I'm way appreciative of this Forum -

patrick

mtbr member
    I think quibble is pretty close.. I dont find i really need 4 separate modes.. 2 modes.. commute and mtb.. Could activate on vs the other by pressing and holding the button for a longer hold.. The light gives a quick flash for commute and two quick flashes for mtb. It stays in the mode you pick till you change it to the other one.... I do like cats idea of a 150lm grinder level.. For those long climbs where you dont need a lot of light-- save those batteries
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

Members who have read this thread: 0