Light Decision. Niterider 2800 Enduro/ Niterider Pro 1800/ Sigma Buster 2000- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Light Decision. Niterider 2800 Enduro/ Niterider Pro 1800/ Sigma Buster 2000

I'm looking for a good light in the $200-$300 range. Niterider 2800 Enduro/ Niterider Pro 1800/ Sigma Buster 2000 are some I've narrowed it down too. Does anyone have any experiences using the above lights? If so let me know.

I need one that can cover any type of riding. It has to be handle bar mounted since I'm borderline suicidal and don't ride with a helmet lol. I would prefer one that is made in the US or Europe. Since I did a job change I'm needing to commute to and from work which includes trails, city, and tons of frickin hills. Oh and lets not forget all the 4 legged critters that like to jump out in front of cars. Which means I'll be having more run ins with deer in the woods at night.

Only read if you wish to know why the commute:
    Working too much ruined my marriage since we didn't see each other much and she bailed. So I went back to my old self and said screw money and long hours. I'm going to do something I like. If I find anyone again I'm not making the same mistake again. Since my Ex lives out of state with the kids all my money has to be saved so I can afford to go get them. Lol going from 65K to 15K is a big hit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I use the NR 1800. It's very bright to me, and it has good burn time with a 6 cell battery.

Flat Pluto Society
    Wow. Haven't done a double post in years.

Flat Pluto Society
    You know there's a light forum, right?

Lights and Night Riding - Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Gloworm XS and X2 are good contenders as well, and you can buy the lightheads alone if you want to save and source your own battery. I've been using them for a few years and can attest to their overall quality and beam pattern quality.

Outbound Light is bringing out their first light this month, and it's looking to be a great offering as well. Be sure to head over to the Lights and Night Riding forum to check out their thread, and all the other extremely informative threads.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Sorry I didin't know I could click on the ALL button to find other threads. Lol I'm new to this site and basically new to forums since I've never had a need for them in the past. All good and I posted it to the correct area.

Guidosan
    Jan 2004
    When you go to the Lights and Night riding forum, read up on the Raveman lights, such as the PR1200.