kd 2 problem. Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

kd 2 problem. Help

Just received a kd 2xcree xlm-u2 and when I plug it in no light,just the switch blinking red-green. Tried different batteries, same result.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by grande y veloz View Post
    Just received a kd 2xcree xlm-u2 and when I plug it in no light,just the switch blinking red-green. Tried different batteries, same result.
    May be you got a 4.2V version, try hardwiring a single 18650 battery(3.7-4.2V) and see what happens

mtbr member
    I think the LED board short circuit, so that switch LED working but front LED doesn't working. Just send back to seller for repair...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You got the 4.2 volt version. See Posts 35 & 38 in the KD 2 review thread.

You could buy the ten step driver with neutral LED board and upgrade it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the replies. It works at 4 volts.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. It works at 4 volts.
    Actually the working voltage is 3.0V ~ 4.2V!
    NITEFIGHTER BT40S 4xCree XP-G2 Neutral White LED 1600 Lumens Mountain Bike Light

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Is there a disadvantage to having the 4.2 volt version?

mtbr member
    Is there a disadvantage to having the 4.2 volt version?
    Other than the fact that you have to use a 4.2 volt battery it is hard to say. It's possible that the driver is also providing lower output ( or higher ) but no way to know that without testing one.

Anyway, generally speaking the standard set-up for most of the Chinese lamps is 7.4-8.4 volts. As such those types of after-market batteries are easier to find.

Looking at the Kaidomain website I see that there are other types of lamps also listed as KD 2. I think this is where the confusion lies. Initially in this thread the designation "KD2" was being used to apply to the Duo clone ( with 10 level sub-menu ) sold by Kaidomain. If you bought one of the other style lamps also listed as KD 2, sold with a battery bank, those lamps are the ones powered using a 4.2 volt battery set-up. When you buy something from K/D you have to read the product description to make sure nothing important gets by you as not all lamps are the same. Typical things that vary are things like; Battery voltage requirements, "with or without battery", LED's, driver mode set-up, driver power output and lastly power cord/plug type.

Anyway, while I was looking over some of the stuff on the website I noticed that the KD 2 Duo-clone is now available with "neutral white" XM-L2 U2 so it's not necessary to order just the neutral boards. ( *Sigh* ) Now I wish that I had waited before ordering the boards....AND, FWIW, they are also selling a neutral version of the MS880-clone. Apparently Kaidomain has gotten the message: Neutral LED's are IN.