ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)

    Which design do you prefer, left one or right one?
    P.S. Wiz20 is user programmable and usb rechargeable.
    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-2.jpg
    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-3.jpg
    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-5.jpg
    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-6.jpg
    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-7.jpg
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    In my opinion, left one looks better.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Agree with Archie, slimmer is nicer looking. Programmable! , you don't say...cool. What type of battery cell is this going to use, 26650's or 18650's? Now if you can offer these with 4C neutral white emitters ( as well as your present cooler emitters ) you might sell quite a lot of these.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Agree with Archie, slimmer is nicer looking. Programmable! , you don't say...cool. What type of battery cell is this going to use, 26650's or 18650's? Now if you can offer these with 4C neutral white emitters ( as well as your present cooler emitters ) you might sell quite a lot of these.
    The Wiz20 uses two 18650. Regarding the led tint, some peole like neutral white, some like cool white, difficult to make decision, will have to think about it.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,806
    OK. Slimmer is nicer, but what about heat dissipation. If the heat can spread all over the body then it's OK. If it stays separated just in the front part (I see the line behind the switch) then it can be of an issue. Depends on the power you use to drive the leds.

    Programable feature should be nice if not to much complicated.

    Regarding led tint, can't you make it optionaly?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    392
    left for me,

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    392
    can I ask how you pronounce your company name? I dont want to get it wrong on my video review

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    Hi Ituo, Your are doing it again, asking us our opinion on what we like, how refreshing it is to see the end user having an input in a product.
    https://ficdn.mtbr.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

    I do prefer the one on the left, looks less bulky!

    Programmable, like the sound of this! but like Ledoman said, keep it simple and user friendly.

    Well regarding LED tint for a long time I preferred COOL as they always appeared a lot brighter, but one day I was given the chance to review the Fenix Bc30 which has a neutral tin (on the warm side of neutral) and I was surprised how much more comfortable this was to the eyes , now I do light neutral despite the fact that they do not look as bright as the cool tint. Guess it is a matter of individual preferences . To please every one you need to keep both types!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,043
    Are there options for different optics?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by ledoman View Post

    Regarding led tint, can't you make it optionaly?
    Will give it a consideration
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    can I ask how you pronounce your company name? I dont want to get it wrong on my video review
    ITUO [aɪtju:ə]
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Hi Ituo, Your are doing it again, asking us our opinion on what we like, how refreshing it is to see the end user having an input in a product.
    https://ficdn.mtbr.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

    I do prefer the one on the left, looks less bulky!

    Programmable, like the sound of this! but like Ledoman said, keep it simple and user friendly.

    Well regarding LED tint for a long time I preferred COOL as they always appeared a lot brighter, but one day I was given the chance to review the Fenix Bc30 which has a neutral tin (on the warm side of neutral) and I was surprised how much more comfortable this was to the eyes , now I do light neutral despite the fact that they do not look as bright as the cool tint. Guess it is a matter of individual preferences . To please every one you need to keep both types!
    Thanks. Will have a consideration on both tint.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Are there options for different optics?
    Not in plan currently.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,806
    What size are optics, can you put the picture here with its sizes? We might find them interchangable with those from LEDDNA and /KD2/Yinding/BT21. Would be nice, so modders have an easy job to do.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    819
    Another vote for the light on the left.

    Is there anywhere we can actually buy your lights currently? I'd be interested in trying one for my commuter bike.

  16. #16
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    One on the left. Very nice looking lights. As long as they are neutral white. Those that prefer cool white haven't actually tried neutral white. Neutral may not "look" as bright, but you can see everything so much clearer. And in actuality neutral white lights are actually as bright (same lumens or very very close).

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by ledoman View Post
    What size are optics, can you put the picture here with its sizes? We might find them interchangable with those from LEDDNA and /KD2/Yinding/BT21. Would be nice, so modders have an easy job to do.
    Should be interchangable, you will find out.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Another vote for the light on the left.

    Is there anywhere we can actually buy your lights currently? I'd be interested in trying one for my commuter bike.
    Please send enquiry to [email protected]. We will direct you to loacal dealers. If no dealers there, we can sell to you directly.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    One on the left. Very nice looking lights. As long as they are neutral white. Those that prefer cool white haven't actually tried neutral white. Neutral may not "look" as bright, but you can see everything so much clearer. And in actuality neutral white lights are actually as bright (same lumens or very very close).
    Thanks, we will consider it seriously.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    I took a couple beam photos of the Wiz-1 last night after work. Sadly they didn't turn out so good because I had to hold the bike and camera at the same time and try not to move. I need something to lean on to in order to get a clear picture. I'll post the photos anyway when I get home from work tonight. It might be a while before I get better pictures.

    That said, I also took the Wiz-1 to work and was doing some distance throw comparisons. Low is good 60 to 100 ft. depending on how you want to aim it. Medium mode is stellar, 150 ft. without a problem. High is of course even better but medium will be the, "Go To" mode for all-around road riding. Still, I was riding most of the time on low without any problem.

    It was warm last night. At 3:00AM in the morning you wouldn't think to see anyone on a commuter paved path. Spooky being out that late. Well wouldn't you know, I see a guy walking home on the path. I had to laugh though because I think he was more surprised to see me that I was to see him.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I took a couple beam photos of the Wiz-1 last night after work. Sadly they didn't turn out so good because I had to hold the bike and camera at the same time and try not to move. I need something to lean on to in order to get a clear picture. I'll post the photos anyway when I get home from work tonight. It might be a while before I get better pictures.

    That said, I also took the Wiz-1 to work and was doing some distance throw comparisons. Low is good 60 to 100 ft. depending on how you want to aim it. Medium mode is stellar, 150 ft. without a problem. High is of course even better but medium will be the, "Go To" mode for all-around road riding. Still, I was riding most of the time on low without any problem.

    It was warm last night. At 3:00AM in the morning you wouldn't think to see anyone on a commuter paved path. Spooky being out that late. Well wouldn't you know, I see a guy walking home on the path. I had to laugh though because I think he was more surprised to see me that I was to see him.
    Thanks for the information provided. Looking forward to seeing your photoes.
    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    The final version, max 1500 lms, neutral white

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-1.jpg

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-3.jpg

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-5.jpg

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-4.jpg  

    ITUO Wiz20 Which Design Do You Prefer (Programmable, USB Rechargeable)-4.jpg  

    Regards,

    ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

  23. #23
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    That looks really nice, happy to see a neutral white option.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    GOOD LOOKING COMPACT LIGHT, I also think you have made the right choice to go with a Neutral white, much more friendly to cycling! Clamp look also sturdy.
    And quoted at 1500Lumens max, this does sound good!

    I did review the Fenix BC30 in 2014 which was a good light but is ONLY 1200L on turbo and 1800L burst, so ITUO, I would love to review the WIZ20 for you.

  25. #25
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    I have a bc30r, not as good as bc30. 800 on high, 1600 on that burst mode garbage. Wiz20 looks to cover everything the other brands haven't figure out yet like good output, changeable cells while being USB chargeable and so on. These guys are onto something!

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I have a bc30r, not as good as bc30. 800 on high, 1600 on that burst mode garbage. Wiz20 looks to cover everything the other brands haven't figure out yet like good output, changeable cells while being USB chargeable and so on. These guys are onto something!
    Agree with you on the concept of USB chargeable and user changeable cells. Weird thing is that Fenix actually has those things on some of their flashlights, but not their bike lights.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Agree with you on the concept of USB chargeable and user changeable cells. Weird thing is that Fenix actually has those things on some of their flashlights, but not their bike lights.
    About lamps with USB charging options: Yeah, it's nice to have but I highly suggest that anyone buying a torch or lamp with a built in USB charger also buy a separate battery charger for the 18650 or 26650 cell. I only say that because USB ports seem to wear over a period of time and unfortunately if ( or when ) they fail to work anymore you will need another option for charging the cell. My advise: use the USB port on the lamp only when you really have to. My USB port on my work cell phone is about 2 years old and it is about to go kaput. Not to mention, all the USB ports on my personal computer are all dead and sadly no way to fix them without replacing the mother board...or so I've been told.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    819
    USB charging is extremely handy for the commuter crowd, I've definitely had my butt saved by being able to charge my lights at work more than once.

    That said you are probably right about having a separate charger, especially with a 2 cell light like this. I imagine it could take over 10 hours to fully charge this thing via the USB port on a computer, though a wall adapter would help. Still a nice option to have though to keep me from being run over

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I have a bc30r, not as good as bc30. 800 on high, 1600 on that burst mode garbage.
    The only use I got out of the burst mode on the BC30 was on the road to flash at cars, not much good on a trail for me, don't have time to change mode! Too busy trying to stay on the bike :-)

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    I have been using daily the WIZ1 for my commuting and I must say that my battery no longer come out of the light, this get charge either at work or at home, don't use the computer just my HTC mobile phone charger, got one at work and one at home, the charging is a lot quicker with it. But like Cat Man do, I would advise people to have a proper battery charger as a backup.Got a Jetbeam I4pro. I just had a look on Ituo website and they are quoting 4-6hours charge time http://ituoworld.com/en/content/?215.html#p=1
    I would think more like 6 hours, but again I never wait for any of my lights to be fully discharged, so always take less for me that the quoted time.

  31. #31
    Bike for the heck of it!
    Reputation: tds101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    91
    Is there any way I can order this sweet light here in the USA? I'm dying to get it,...
    Meh,...

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by tds101 View Post
    Is there any way I can order this sweet light here in the USA? I'm dying to get it,...
    I would get in touch direct with Ituo ITUO-reliable, affordable bike lights I know of a retailer here in the UK which keep the WIZ1 and WIZ2 but no info on US dealers.

  33. #33
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    This version im not sure if its even for sale yet, its just coming into production if im understanding things. But for us us guys, gotta contact manufacturer directly, only way to buy in the states so far.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-08-2017, 12:24 PM
  2. ITUO Wiz800: 5 sets giveaway; cordless, 800 lms, usb rechargeable
    By ITUO Manufacturer in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 10:46 AM
  3. New USB programmable 3A linear driver
    By mattthemuppet in forum Lights DIY - Do It Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 11:13 AM
  4. user programmable custom UI linear driver
    By mattthemuppet in forum Lights DIY - Do It Yourself
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  5. Programmable flashlight on kickstarter
    By BritOnTour in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 07:10 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.