Ituo Wiz20 Customer Service.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Ituo Wiz20 Customer Service.

So I originally purchased my Ituo Wiz20 on Amazon last winter. Since I've owned it, I've had to deal with a few broken mounts etc. and ended up getting replacements from RAKC industries.

About 2 months ago I received an email from Ituo asking me if I was satisfied with my light. I replied and told them, yes I like the light but the mount sucks because it keeps cracking. They replied by telling me that they were working on a better material for the mount and that they would send me a new mount when it's done. Ok. Cool.

Yesterday I received a box from Ituo. Thinking this was the replacement mount I opened it up and to my surprise they sent me a whole new light brand new in the box complete with mount and charging cable. So Wow! Way to go Ituo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Nice, I've still got my Wiz20 but since my mount self destructed while riding on pavement it's just been sitting in my parts bin. I got mine through RAKC so I wonder if I could get a mount directly from Ituo. Do you have an email address you could share?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    Nice, I've still got my Wiz20 but since my mount self destructed while riding on pavement it's just been sitting in my parts bin. I got mine through RAKC so I wonder if I could get a mount directly from Ituo. Do you have an email address you could share?
    Hope to hear they took care of you. I know they have new ownership and don't have any obligation to past problems but sounds like they'd like to repair any lost reputation over the mount situation. If/when you get a new mount I hope you'll post a picture and review on it.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice, I've still got my Wiz20 but since my mount self destructed while riding on pavement it's just been sitting in my parts bin. I got mine through RAKC so I wonder if I could get a mount directly from Ituo.
    I'll add a shameless plug....

You can always convert it to GoPro mounting with one of my adapters.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    The GoPro mount would probably be the nicest solution, but I'm sort of annoyed at my Wiz20 situation and just don't want to put more money into it. I'm also the only person alive without GoPro mounts sitting around so I'd have to purchase that as well. I bought a light from a different brand in the mean time that's been working for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    So I originally purchased my Ituo Wiz20 on Amazon last winter. Since I've owned it, I've had to deal with a few broken mounts etc. and ended up getting replacements from RAKC industries.

About 2 months ago I received an email from Ituo asking me if I was satisfied with my light. I replied and told them, yes I like the light but the mount sucks because it keeps cracking. They replied by telling me that they were working on a better material for the mount and that they would send me a new mount when it's done. Ok. Cool.

Yesterday I received a box from Ituo. Thinking this was the replacement mount I opened it up and to my surprise they sent me a whole new light brand new in the box complete with mount and charging cable. So Wow! Way to go Ituo.
    How's the new mount working for you??? Is it basically the same with different material or have they beefed it up some? Just curious. A picture would be great.
    Mole

mtbr member
    The GoPro mount would probably be the nicest solution, but I'm sort of annoyed at my Wiz20 situation and just don't want to put more money into it. I'm also the only person alive without GoPro mounts sitting around so I'd have to purchase that as well. I bought a light from a different brand in the mean time that's been working for me.
    I am a bit confused by your post. You didn't want to buy a new mount so you chose to buy a completely new light...?

Now I could understand this if the light itself was garbage but the ITUO lights are very nice lights for the most part. That said I would think it worth the effort to get it working. Just the other day I was pointed to one of the web sites that does a lot of 3D printing. I don't know what the underside of the Wiz 20 looks like you might be able to find a Gopro replacement for the original slide mount. Hopefully there is a place that is flat enough on the underside where the slide mount was that can be removed and a 3D Gopro adapter screwed into place. At that point then all you need is a good Gopro type handlebar mount which you should be able to find in a good many places.

Word of warning though, some Gopro bar mounts are pure garbage. I suggest something made of strong plastic that will allow the user to set the tension just enough to where you can still adjust the lamp on the fly if needed. Nothing wrong with the Aluminum ones but with those when you tighten the nut it pretty much locks the lamp into one spot. That's fine if you don't need to adjust on the fly. One thing is certain for sure though, for a lamp like the Wiz20 you definitely want a mount that is strong enough to keep the lamp from vibrating while on the trails. What might work for a small lightweight lamp might not work well for something like the Wiz20.

Option #2; Not sure this is possible as I don't own a Wiz20 but I was wondering if it was possible to remove the slide mount from the broken bar mount and find a way to mount that to another bar system ?? Personally I own a bunch of old Niterider mounts that might work for something like this.

Option #3...Get with Vancbiker and see if he can make a custom replacement mount. This option will likely cost more but IMHO would be well worth the money if you really did like how the Wiz20 worked when riding trails.

Anyway, whatever...I just would find it very hard to toss the lamp just because the mount broke.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Option #3...Get with Vancbiker and see if he can make a custom replacement mount. This option will likely cost more but IMHO would be well worth the money if you really did like how the Wiz20 worked when riding trails.

Anyway, whatever...I just would find it very hard to toss the lamp just because the mount broke.
    The Wiz20 to GoPro adapter is one of my standard stock items. Personally, I would go with an aluminum bar mount like K-Edge or one of my aluminum swivel types. The Wiz20 is too heavy for reliable trail use with a plastic mount.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    The Wiz20 to GoPro adapter is one of my standard stock items. Personally, I would go with an aluminum bar mount like K-Edge or one of my aluminum swivel types. The Wiz20 is too heavy for reliable trail use with a plastic mount.

Word of warning though, some Gopro bar mounts are pure garbage. I suggest something made of strong plastic that will allow the user to set the tension just enough to where you can still adjust the lamp on the fly if needed. Nothing wrong with the Aluminum ones but with those when you tighten the nut it pretty much locks the lamp into one spot. That's fine if you don't need to adjust on the fly. One thing is certain for sure though, for a lamp like the Wiz20 you definitely want a mount that is strong enough to keep the lamp from vibrating while on the trails. What might work for a small lightweight lamp might not work well for something like the Wiz20

Definitely agree. I've gotten away with using my stock mount (Gen. 1 mounts had stronger plastic) but only for light trail use. Only reason I don't go with one of your GP mounts is I want to retain the QR function for this light. I noticed a customer review of a Gloworm CX (similar to Wix20 in weight) which stated lack of off-road stability as a minor problem so even GW's excellent plastic QR mounts aren't really up to rough dirt for a light this size.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    How's the new mount working for you??? Is it basically the same with different material or have they beefed it up some? Just curious. A picture would be great.
    Mole
    It hasn't broke yet. Same design but maybe different material. I don't know.

My last use was night time fat biking on groomed winter trails. Not really bumpy stuff like summer.

Soon I'll be doing some night rides on dirt and will see how it holds up.

I do not have an email address for Ituo. I deleted the email

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    It hasn't broke yet. Same design but maybe different material. I don't know.

My last use was night time fat biking on groomed winter trails. Not really bumpy stuff like summer.

Soon I'll be doing some night rides on dirt and will see how it holds up.

I do not have an email address for Ituo. I deleted the email

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Was out on the Fatbike last night with my Wiz20 and got me thinking about this thread. Thanks for the reply/update!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Yep. I figure you're probably right about that. Trying to mount a self-contained two cell lamp to the bars is really hard to do if you don't have a really good mount system. Without a good mount the lamp will vibrate or droop and no one wants that happening.

BTW, do you make a Gopro mount that will retro-fit with the Raveman PR-1200's? Right now I'm using just the stock slide mount. Took a good many tries to get that to stay in place on the bars but finally got it to work after numerous tries . That said I don't dare take it off now least I take it off and have more problems trying to set it up again.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    BTW, do you make a Gopro mount that will retro-fit with the Raveman PR-1200's? Right now I'm using just the stock slide mount. Took a good many tries to get that to stay in place on the bars but finally got it to work after numerous tries . That said I don't dare take it off now least I take it off and have more problems trying to set it up again.
    Not yet. I have not had anyone ask for one yet so it seems there is not much demand. The only image I have seen of the factory slide mount is not very good so I can't tell how it is attached to the light body. If it is just screwed to the light it probably would not be hard to make an adapter, just need some measurements.