ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar

ITUO Wise- GoPro compatible; fits 25.4-35mm handlebars

ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wise1.jpg
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wise2.jpg
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-gopro_3.jpg
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-black-clamp1.jpg
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

Light freak
    Where can I get one to try out?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    That's a nice mount. Is it sold separately or does it only come with the light? How much is it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I dislike this mount because of long protruding screw: could be dangerous on the bike...

RAKC
    I like it a quick release gopro style mount! If you mount up next to the stem and have foam/rubber padding I dont see the screw being anywhere that it could cause any issues. If you mount it clear out by your shifters I could see it, but pointing down next to the stem I dont see it. Especially once expanded for larger bars.

But well have to see it installed and hope there isn't still 2" of screw sticking down once installed on a 31.8mm bar.

Light freak

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Good idea!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    Good idea!
    Also, you're looking at the lamp when not mounted. I'm sure that screw will shorten up once attached to a bar but yes if there is too much extra metal a hack saw should solve the problem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Even 5mm of protruding screw near your knees is too much IMHO. I think, using a saw was a joke; prolonged thumb nut covering whole screw will fix the problem completely & without shortening the handlebar thickness range. Something like this one, but longer:

ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-thumb-nut-domed-wds-8151.png

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Where can I get one to try out?

Currently not available. Will be available at local dealers later.
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    www.ituoworld.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    That's a nice mount. Is it sold separately or does it only come with the light? How much is it?
    It will be sold separately. Price is not decided, how much do you think is reasonable?
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    www.ituoworld.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Even 5mm of protruding screw near your knees is too much IMHO. I think, using a saw was a joke; prolonged thumb nut covering whole screw will fix the problem completely & without shortening the handlebar thickness range. Something like this one, but longer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb-nut-domed-wds-8151.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	1014387
    Good idea!
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    www.ituoworld.com

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Seems like it will be too shaky for rough mountain riding. The existing gopro handlebar mount is shaky enough, and this adds another inch of extension to that. As soon as the riding gets technical....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ITUO Manufacturer View Post
    It will be sold separately. Price is not decided, how much do you think is reasonable?
    I would like to get something like this for around $10, but I think $15 would be OK. Most mounts that are sold today are overpriced in my opinion. Is it made out of metal or plastic?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    I would like to get something like this for around $10, but I think $15 would be OK. Most mounts that are sold today are overpriced in my opinion. Is it made out of metal or plastic?
    Thanks for feedback. It will be part of metal and part of plastic. If all aluminum, the cnc cost is too high, and the mount can't clamp the gopro very tightly.
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    www.ituoworld.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I dislike this mount because of long protruding screw: could be dangerous on the bike...
    Archie, I have reviewed the light on MTBR and at first like you I did think this is a very long screw to be near a handle bar, but this is pointing towards the ground and so close to the stem, that this did not cause me any problem or worries

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Ok.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Archie, I have reviewed the light on MTBR and at first like you I did think this is a very long screw to be near a handle bar, but this is pointing towards the ground and so close to the stem, that this did not cause me any problem or worries
    Maybe you could re-post you impressions of the mount from the other thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    During my trial with the samples send, I have used the mount on both 35mm and 24.5mm handle bar, I could not get it to tighten up rock solid on the smaller bar due to jaws bottoming,
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-imag3578.jpg

BUT with a little home improvement, this was sorted by applying some tape on my bar to make it thicker, SEE PHOTO.
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-imag3580.jpg Minor fault which can be easily rectified by the manufacturer by using thicker rubber insert

The Wise camp worked perfectly on my 35mm handle bar and is very solid,
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-imag3583.jpg

The samples I received for the review the were made of aluminum. I don't do jumps but some of our forest trails are pretty rough and I have not had any problem with the light moving, once tighten up this is very solid. Here is some more photos regarding clamps on both of my bikes and you can also see the threaded bolt.
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-imag3584.jpg Photo showing both thread

Here a few more photos
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wiz900-152-.jpgITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wiz900-153-.jpg
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wiz900-122-.jpgITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wiz900-151-.jpg
    Hope this help

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guys, I have been playing a little more with the clamp, I don't want to misled anyone, this is fine for the lights, I do not have a go pro so can not test. But once tighten as much as I can, if you do apply quite a fair degree of force this will move a) on the go pro pivot or on your bar. during my forest rides with full sus bike, I have not experienced any problems of the light moving

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    We will still have some improvements on the mount. Will have thicker rubber pads.
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    www.ituoworld.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-wiz1hl-2-.jpg

Guys what is your views on the gopro system for bike lights. I have used the GOPRO quick release system on my GW X2 and I have purchased another quick release helmet mount from gearbest.com and I have got it fitted on my other helmets, this allow to swap the light from the bar to both helmet very quickly, I like it! Anybody else like the system?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiz1HL (2).JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	1024637

Guys what is your views on the gopro system for bike lights. I have used the GOPRO quick release system on my GW X2 and I have purchased another quick release helmet mount from gearbest.com and I have got it fitted on my other helmets, this allow to swap the light from the bar to both helmet very quickly, I like it! Anybody else like the system?
    My opinion is that this mount stick up way too much from the top of the helmet. The standard Gloworm x2 mount allows you to mount the light low profile on the helmet and that is what I like. I mount mine so that it is no higher than the peak of the helmet. I like the idea of the gopro mount on everything for quick switching, but it would need to be a low profile mount for me to consider.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    To be fair to Ituo, the WIZ1 is being sold has a bar light, I always like to experiment, ie the reason why I put that rig together from bits I have got from gearbest. I have done a couple of forest club rides and you do have to look out for low branches, but no more that if you had a gopro perched on your lid and looked like a teletubbies! :-) Joke apart I know exactly were you are coming from and I only the WIZ1 helmet mounted on to ride to work on road. In the forest you need something low profile, ie like the X2

ITUO Wise- GoPro Compatible Handlebar Mount-Fits 25.4-35mm Handlebar-imag3991.jpg
    Saying this there is very little on the market regarding low profile helmet lights. The standard rubber band fitting found on many lights still seat quite high on your helmet. All I can think up is the Ay UP, Gloworm and Piko 4

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm looking for a mount for my lights. Is this mount worth it, are there better mounts out there?

RAKC
    Mounts work great. Only quick release style gopro handlebar mount that exists to date.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    As a gopro compatible bar mount, for me this is works well and I had other brands of lights fitted on this. I believe that Ituo have improved the designed with ridged rubber inserts for better grip, solid mounting as made of alloy for the one I tried.

RAKC
    Skyraider, their not made of alloy, never have been. It's just the type of plastic they use. Ends up looking like anodized aluminum. But it's actually just a very strong abs plastic.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks Tigris, I forgot the two samples they send me were pre mass production samples and they did some modifications after my review. On my Wize mount, I lifted the rubber pad and scratched the surface and mine is alloy with a black coating, also got that coldness and sound to when you tap another metallic object on it.

So yes some mounts were made of alloy, but they have perfected there design and changed the material to a form of plastic.

Cat did also a review of the Wiz1 and he had an update version of the clamp so again different to mine.

I think you got the final retail product so the WIZE clamp supplied to you may have been version two or even version three and of course yours made of a type of plastic.

Guys, sorry for the confusion I totally forgot about the light/mount improvements. SO IF YOU DO BUY ONE NOW, THIS WOULD BE MADE OF A FORM OF VERY STRONG AND DURABLE PLASTIC

What I like about Ituo is there constant improvement based on feed back. I work for a Toyota car franchise and Toyota have a specific word for this: KAIZEN, which means continuous improvement, I like that in a manufacturer.

This is like the WIZ20 sample reviewed, mine is different from the production one. They keep improving their products from user reviews!

So never say never :-)

Went out this evening for our Club Friday night MTB ride, WIZ20 on the bar and GloWorm X2 on my lid. I took my ITUO XP3 helmet light prototype off as this was suffering from overheating problems. I understand from Ituo that this has been sorted now. No idea on release date.