Introducing "Night Nemesis" by FULL BEAM- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Introducing "Night Nemesis" by FULL BEAM

Hi guys,

We've been long time lurkers here, with a few posts but it's now time to come out of the closet with our new Company "FULL BEAM!" We are developing and producing VERY high end lights and launching our new "Night Nemesis " with some very serious other models in the pipeline.

Importantly Troutie / Dstar we do not intend to step on your toes! Anyone who wants to do a self build or spend a bit less cash we're going to happily refer business to you guys.

So now the stats and the contentious issue of lumens!
    2100 Lumens we are claiming at 1A based on jtr1962 's test method. (7 emitters on paper would be around 2450lumens) . Our optic loss is around 8% and heat at stabilised temperature with a fan blowing on it: losses are around 5% which is fairly low - it's due to the HUGE heatsinking area of our case circa 70in SQ!!
    690g total system weight.

The battery 14.8v 5.2AH uses the best li-ion samsung cells we could find and we've rated a few around the 4.9-5.2AH mark at full load which is fairly descent. Gives it a minimum runtime of 2h50 on full - one of the batteries scored just over 3hours.
    It can also be run happily at 1300mA as there is great heatsinking on he driver. Anyway full stats are on our webpage.

We've stuck in a cool night video aswell (click video link to youtube)

Anyway any questions, comments / criticisms appreciated.

We've got plenty units buit up ready to ship.

By the way our team, "Glencroft Rabble" LOVE the 25deg optic (wide) over the 10deg (standard) - but there's not much difference in real life. 10deg has a bit more throw, 25deg has a bit more width. Theres a beam comparison link from the products page!

regards,

Marco Miglionico
    www.full-beam.com
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Neat light.

If you are going to advertise then play by the rules that Troutie-Deesta-Scar-Zen and the rest play by.

Purchase an ad in the classifieds section.

Didn't see one there for you yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi odtexas, apologies. So I click classifieds at top>place an add, upload pic etc? - i'll get onto soon. regards, Marco.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    looks like a nice light

any comparison photo's to other lights out there?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi there, no beamshots of other manufacturers lights yet - I know someone with a Lupine Wilma but thats hardy fair on them!! Our light will hold it's own against the Betty (and ours is about half the price!!) so it may well be worth our while buying one in for exactly the comparison you suggest. If you click the 'how do we compare' page it's got all the comparison stats. Cheers, Marco. www.full-beam.com
    Last edited by Marcopol0; 09-17-2010 at 10:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for placing the Nemesis ad with MTBR.
    Look forward to you posting some beam shots in your thread.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    OK first up High power 2100 lumens (top photo) vs 700 Lumens Medium (bottom photo)
    Flags at 10m. Ran out of straight forrest! Standard MTBR settings ISO100 F4 6S.

Last edited by Marcopol0; 09-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Is that the standard or wide lens? With that much output I would definitely go with the wide lens as it would still have plenty of throw. It looks like a nice light overall. Sorry if I missed it somewhere on your site, but what it the weight of the lighthead by itself? As an owner of a 1750 lumen Lupine Betty with the 22 degree wide lens I would love to see the comparison between these two. There are so many nice powerful lights to choose from these days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi there, yep thats the standard. The wide beamshot is also on the webpage on the 'photos' page. http://www.full-beam.com/gallery.htm .Interestingly the wide, 25deg, still has really good throw. 3 of our team use the wide lens and 1 guy uses the standard. They all ride DH and technical XC competition. The light head is 190g.

We actually intend to purchase the new 1850 Betty to do some beamshot comparisons as it's the only other commercially available light that even comes close to ours.
    Another feature, ours can be pumped up to 30W (1330mA) at around 2550Lumens - thats with heat/optical losses taken into account as it would be about 3100lumens on paper.
    Still gets over 2hours runtime at 30W . It is actually quite noticeably brighter (and hotter!!) so we'll try get some beamshots uploaded at 30W (2550Lumens).
    regards,Marco.
    Www.full-beam.com
    Last edited by Marcopol0; 09-18-2010 at 04:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcopol0

So now the stats and the contentious issue of lumens!
    2100 Lumens we are claiming

"World's brightest Production MTB Light"
    You're a few lumens short
    http://www.nightlightning.co.nz/iBlaast%20IX.htm

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    LOL, the clue is in the title! "Made to order. Enquire here. iBlaast IX" The title is for the taking once they go into "production".
    But good God thats IS a lot of lumens. !

We strapped 2 of our night Nemesis to the bars for a laugh. 4000+ lumens all in and tackled some of the fast red descents at Glentress, UK. It was very amusing for the wildlfe. Wasn't sold though: 1 of our lights was enough!

OTOH I've heard some guys say they have daul-quad XR-E's on the bars, quad on the helmet and STILL want more................

Cue Lithium-Sulfur battery technology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_sulfur_battery

Marco.
    Full Beam LTD, "Night Nemesis" www.full-beam.com

mtbr member
    Marco,

Could you be clear about the charger that comes with your light?
    And the spare battery, it not comes with the bag so can I put it on a water bottle?

Thks..

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Wriggle,

Charger is 2A constant current, plug in wall (UK plug) 100-240vAC, 16.8V DC output - 4 Cell li-ion charger. You will need a suitable adapter for your country.There is also some detail about charging etc in in the manual:
    http://www.full-beam.com/documents/N...-Issue%201.pdf

The spare battery, yes you are correct it doesn't come with a bag, just a battery for going inside the pouch. A bottle battery is planned and should be available in 6-8wks, but yes you could put it in a bottle no problem.

regards,

Marco Miglionico

mtbr member
    Thks Marco!

I've read the manual when I posted, that's why I asked you.

Nice to hear about the water bootle in 6-8 wks. I was afraid if the battery is too big that doesn't fit a water bottle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Actually it will fit but you won't get it through the neck!! The usual trick is to cut the bottle in half. Alternatively I reccomend you don't order a spare battery until we have the production battery bottle ready!
    Marco.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hi Marco,

nice light!!

How long is the lighthead?
    Is there a chance to buy the lighthead seperately?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Whitedog1,

the lighthead is 75mm long. We don't at this stage plan to sell the lighthead on it's own via our website - sorry. The spares we offer are basically battery and cables as these are the bits that people are most likely to need.

Other spares to come will be a race battey pack - 2600mAH as opposed to the 5200mAH that comes as standard and 5200mah bottle battery.

regards,
    Marco.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Well the boys at MBUK and What Mountain Bike have been using and abusing our lights for a few months now and the review is out now in MBUK.
    We got the "Most Wanted" accolade and 4/5 stars so we are very pleased. All the testers loved the sheer amount of light.

The only negative criticism was the light unit was described as " a bit clunky" - granted at 690g it's not the lightest most beatifully sculpted system beast but hey, at 30mph tearing down a hillside in the dark you soon learn to forgive!! They also stated they loved it's functionality.

We're also introducing a half capacity battery pack that can be put under the stem so that should lighten up the system for those not needing huge runtimes.
    cheers,
    Marco.

www.full-beam.com

Members who have read this thread: 0