interest in group buy on nitefighter BT40S complete set - 4x xp-g2 neutral white- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

interest in group buy on nitefighter BT40S complete set - 4x xp-g2 neutral white

http://www.nitefighter.com/product/s...p?lang=en&id=2
    Hi everyone,

I reached out to Andy from nitefighter regarding the BT40S which has been getting some interest here and he was kind enough to be willing to work with us on a group buy. I will update when I have more details but basically from my understanding it will be through amazon where the light is currently selling for 69.99 with free shipping. I received mine 2 days after placing the order and the quality of the set is top notch. The promotion code will be good for 15 percent off so for the bargain price of 59.50 you will get the light head, 5200mah BAK pack, 2amp charger, extra wide angle lens, extension, and really nice o rings. For those looking for a good deal on a high quality bar light ready to go out of the box without modding this is it. I just replied back to him and am waiting for the code to go live but wanted to post this and get the ball rolling

RAKC
    Damn you, I just bought my light head then you do this . $60 for everything extra ($30 for just a lighthead) is a pretty sweet deal considering your review on the light already.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I might be interested if it is possible to buy just the lighthead.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Already scored my BT40S so would be more interested in the BT70 if it ever becomes available. Supposedly wholesales for $64. (BT40S wholesales ~$40)

RAKC
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post

Light head is on ebay but it comes direct from china, that's how I ordered mine. They are selling them on eBay and as manbeer did, amazon as a full kit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Light head is on ebay but it comes direct from china, that's how I ordered mine. They are selling them on eBay and as manbeer did, amazon as a full kit.
    Ok. I'll check that up.

I think most guys here sit with too many battery packs and chargers (ok, and lamps also ;-)).

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ok guys, here is the code for amazon which will give the discount, the one caveat is that it expires midnight of april 13th. After that we will figure out a more traditional group buy. Whether or not it's a better deal I won't be sure but considering this will be fulfilled by Amazon we need to factor in the 2 day shipping and amazon ' buyer protection as part of the value.

SK7PMBLU

Enter this code upon checkout and you will receive the discount

mtbr member
    Very cool.
    Does it use the standard magic shine connector?
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes sir

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    BT70 not available so far. I asked him the other day.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes, hoping to eventually get something set up with the BT70 and bt21

RAKC
    I'll be all over the bt21, that head uses round flashlight style driver and rear of case looks like all heat sink with long fins instead of how all these other lights are with small fins, long driver and tons of empty internal space.

Hope the pics are wrong with the mount (could swear I read something about it already)

Get on that bt21 manbeer, I WANT IT. Bt40 is enough emitters for me, 7 I would guess would be a battery sucker. Be great to mount on my car or truck to light things up at the trail head though

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah I'd probably be interested for a BT21 too. Seems like it would be perfect with the BT 40s

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ok guys here is the update-

The lighthead only auction on ebay has or is soon temporarily ending as they are running low on stock. It will be available again via ebay around April 18

Also, they will be sending some light heads to amazon warehouse so around April 22 we will be able to buy the light head only on amazon as well

Regarding the bt21 and bt70,
    They are finalizing some testing and they should soon be available via Amazon as well. Andy is kind enough to offer members a 15 percent discount and as he said it will surely be faster to ship this way. I am also going to be securing these for testing and review once available

Given the quality of the product especially at this price point I really think everyone will be pleased and I can't wait to try out the new models. Something may finally be giving the yinding a run for the money and given the situation with the NW fiasco and the fact that Andy has been a pleasure to communicate with I hope that this will become a popular option

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    I'll second that. If I could buy just the light head only and have it delivered within a week ( from Amazon ) I'd go with that.

I'm suppose to be getting one of the BT40S's from Nitefighter but still haven't received it. I have no idea where it's being shipped from. Next time I agree to do a review I'll be sure to ask about shipping.

Tomorrow I expect to get my first night ride in of the year. I hope to check out some of the lamps I bought during the winter.

RAKC
    Cat, the bt40s direct from nitefighter on eBay are coming from china (I just checked). Not sure how Lon ago you ordered but something is going on with shipping to US. I got 2 orders from.other companies then my order from KD has completely vanished. Hoping it doesn't happen with my bt40 or second ss x3 I won for 16.88 (got for spare driver and case to expirament with)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes, I am 99 percent certain the lighthead was coming from china. Once everything arrives at Amazon warehouses it will be a very nice bonus since many of the light heads at this price point ship from overseas and the delivery time and even whether you even get them is questionable. I have high hopes for the rest of the lineup. I haven't had a chance to ride yet this season but I'm just as excited as you Cat. 7 new lights so far since January and I just pulled the trigger on a yinding, the xeccon tail, and am ordering a NW gloworm xs this week as well as upgrading my x2 to NW. Almost makes me wish the days weren't getting longer. I've actually gotten to the point where I prefer night rides

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I wonder how us poor folk outside the US will be catered for? I hope they make them available on ebay. Andy did mention they were hoping to start selling through Amazon.co.uk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    Yes, I am 99 percent certain the lighthead was coming from china. Once everything arrives at Amazon warehouses it will be a very nice bonus since many of the light heads at this price point ship from overseas and the delivery time and even whether you even get them is questionable. I have high hopes for the rest of the lineup. I haven't had a chance to ride yet this season but I'm just as excited as you Cat. 7 new lights so far since January and I just pulled the trigger on a yinding, the xeccon tail, and am ordering a NW gloworm xs this week as well as upgrading my x2 to NW. Almost makes me wish the days weren't getting longer. I've actually gotten to the point where I prefer night rides
    I just checked my email. Seems we are dealing with the same Andy more than likely. I guess Nitefighter wanted to make sure they got noticed. Looks like it's coming from China so I figure I should have something by next week as long as there is no unexpected delays.

I also plan on getting a "neutral LED" version from Gloworm. For me I'm going to send in one of my X2's. Should be interesting to see how one of those will compare to a KD2 or Yinding Duo clone.

mtbr member
    Not interested in a BT40S since I already scored a deal on lighthead only, but I'm watching to see what happens with the BT21 and BT70. Glad to see Nitefighter working with us! Anybody ask Andy if they're willing to work with us on a custom build (like a 3-up)?

-Garry

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Cat, I will also be sending my x2 to retrofit so I can use that as a matched set with the XS

Garry, at the moment they are not interested in working on a 3 emitter setup. I will continue to pursue it down the road so let's get the ball rolling with the bt21 and bt70, hopefully once those start moving well we can convince them that a 3 up would be a good addition to the lineup. I keep picturing a 3 up version of the bt21 and thinking it would be great I'm terms of heat dissipation with that case design

RAKC
    Oh lord a bt21 design with 3x. Hell ya.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah I'm pretty pumped about the bt21. Hopefully everything does well and we can persuade them to consider it. On another note I'm so close to wanting another bt40 to make a pair on the bars but rational side of me is saying to just wait for the bt70