I'm stuck as my lighting experience is lacking.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

I'm stuck as my lighting experience is lacking.

After getting a new job (on shifts) I 'm spending alot of nights staying awake when changing to the night shift. So I've started night riding and I'm starting to really enjoy it.

When I first started one of my friends who no longer rides due to injury gave me a set of Knightlite halogens, 10W + 5W which were ok...ish. I''ve since modified them using a pair of 6V 12AH batteries wired in parrallel to get 24AH at 6V and uprated the lamps to 2x15W halogens getting 4.5hrs+ of burn time when both lamps are on.

I'm thinking that now I might bin this setup and buy some more efficient and lightweight lights (as 2x lead acid batteries weighs a fair bit) but I'm struggling because I'm new to buying headlights.

I don't really have a budget but i dont want to spend more than 350 and I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3 sets:-

1. Hope Vision 4 LED Endurance
    2. Trail Tech MR16 HID
    3. Exposure Maxx-D

My criteria was:- long burn time 2.5hr+, must be at least 900 lumen and be lightweight.

Out of these 3 which would you guys recommend?

Or could you recommend another set to compete with these 3 that fits my criteria?

ballbuster

So does...

Quote Originally Posted by sam_roberts30
    After getting a new job (on shifts) I 'm spending alot of nights staying awake when changing to the night shift. So I've started night riding and I'm starting to really enjoy it.

When I first started one of my friends who no longer rides due to injury gave me a set of Knightlite halogens, 10W + 5W which were ok...ish. I''ve since modified them using a pair of 6V 12AH batteries wired in parrallel to get 24AH at 6V and uprated the lamps to 2x15W halogens getting 4.5hrs+ of burn time when both lamps are on.

I'm thinking that now I might bin this setup and buy some more efficient and lightweight lights (as 2x lead acid batteries weighs a fair bit) but I'm struggling because I'm new to buying headlights.

I don't really have a budget but i dont want to spend more than 350 and I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3 sets:-

1. Hope Vision 4 LED Endurance
    2. Trail Tech MR16 HID
    3. Exposure Maxx-D

My criteria was:- long burn time 2.5hr+, must be at least 900 lumen and be lightweight.

Out of these 3 which would you guys recommend?

Or could you recommend another set to compete with these 3 that fits my criteria?
    your double post deleting skillz.

Just funnin' ya'

Members who have read this thread: 0