HID paired with LED- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

HID paired with LED

I have a Light and Motion ARC (HID) system that still works and is in great shape. I want to get a helmet mount setup (throw spotter) to go with it and am pondering LED. Since light systems aren't cheap I figure I'd upgrade to the latest technology.
    What sort of grotesque lighting might I expect combining two different light systems like and HID and LED?
    Last edited by GrannyGearGnome; 09-29-2012 at 11:21 AM.

mtbr member
    I ran a Niterider HID and Lupine Wilma LED light combo in the fall of 2007. The Niterider was on the bars and the Wilma on the helmet. It was useable, but there was definitely much bluer/Purple tint to the HID light. I included a few old pics I saved showing where I had two Niterider HIDs on the handlebars and I put the Lupine Wilma which was attached to my helmet on top of my bicycle seat shining forward. You can see the color difference in the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HID paired with LED-2.jpg  

HID paired with LED-3.jpg  

HID paired with LED-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    MaximusHQ,

What rear light were you using in those pics?

Thx

mtbr member
    The only tail light I had back when I took the picture was a Planet Bike Superflash. The camera makes it look much brighter than it is so don't judge it by these photos. I only had a point and click type camera that doesn't have good manual settings for a proper photo of lights. Still the photos show the distinct color difference between the NR HIDs and the WIlma LED light.

Members who have read this thread: 0