Help with Magicshine purchase confusion- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Help with Magicshine purchase confusion

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to mountain biking and I'm trying to get a set of lights sorted out before winter for my specialized XC

I'm looking to buying a pair of lights from Deal Extreme

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

Now I see alot of mention on here about the "Magicshine" lights, are these the same as the ones on deal extreme? as I've found this link mentioned on here too

http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...dex&cPath=4_41

If I did order from DX would I get stung with a customs charge as I live in the UK, and each light would cost me around 50

Also I plan to put the batteries inside one of those tool type empty water bottles that fit in a bottle cage, has anyone done this? would they be able to post some pics if so.

I've been using a pair of these from DX, but one has just failed on me and burned out after using it once, plus they only last about 40 mins on one battery.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12623

Thanks in advance

Pete

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Pete, it's a very simple answer, get it from Geoman. It costs a little more but is worth it, because IF you happen to have a problem, it will be a lot easier and faster to get the problem dealt with through Geoman.

mtbr member
    Amazing custie service w/ G-man.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    cheers guys for replies, will I be getting stung by a customs tax charge? does geoman put the real cost on the packages?

Reason I ask this is I've been stung now for a few items from US

Are the lights from DX the same as geomans?

Cheers again

Pete

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Customs tax charges seem to be hit and miss,it's the chance we have to take outside the US.What it boils down to is what is most important to you,pay a little more and know your going to be well taken care of during, and after your purchase,or the cheapest price possible,and maybe a few headaches.Go with Geoman!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    are you in Canada?

If so, I tend to find that items shipped via USPS get here without extra charges.

Shipping by UPS or Purolator will usually result in brokerage fees.

trail gnome
    There are a few variations of the MagicShine light available on DealExtreme. The one available on Geomangear is basically the same light available on DX, but it comes with a larger, more water resistant battery housing. Also, the light level modes and cable length might be a bit different.

Geomangear's prices do not include customs/duties/taxes, as stated here on the Shipping & Returns page. But the same is also true for DX prices. So you'll likely get stung either way.

Members who have read this thread: 0