Handlebar mount bracket solution?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Handlebar mount bracket solution?

My MiNewt is perched directly on top of my handlebar. This position puts the light behind the brake hoses on my bike and, try as I might, there seems to be no practical way to reposition the hoses. So I'd like to reposition the headlight. I have a secondary light on my helmet that is fine where it is.

What model, brackets, alternatives have you tried to raise and push forward your handlebar light? I see a ton of generic versions of brackets like the one below, how well do those work?

beater
    Iím going to buy a couple K-Edge mounts for me and my GF. They look well-made and sturdy, but I donít have any firsthand experience.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    Iím going to buy a couple K-Edge mounts for me and my GF.
    I looked up k-edge mounts. Nice products, but which one did you have in mind that works with a MiNewt or similar lights?
    Last edited by mack_turtle; 09-28-2019 at 04:55 PM.

beater
    I'm mounting Outbound lights, so I need a GoPro-type adapter. I'm planning to buy the Go Big On-Center, and maybe the top cap mount for our fatbikes, since they see more night rides than the trail bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    K-edge is really nice top quality stuff. They do not have anything directly compatible with a MiNewt though.

Several years ago I made a GoPro adapter for his MiNewt 350 (separate battry model) so he could use it with the GoPro mount built into his helmet. There are several variations in the design of the MiNewt family. Which model do you have or maybe post a picture of it.

An accessory bar like you pictured is certainly one way of doing it. Kind of bulky and overkill maybe but it would work.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Several years ago I made a GoPro adapter for his MiNewt 350 (separate battry model) so he could use it with the GoPro mount built into his helmet.
    Mine has this ball-and-socket interface. the rounded base bolts onto the bottom of the light and an o-ring wraps around bar and clips onto the base. I have an alternative base ithat fits into the helmet strap mount as well.

Handlebar mount bracket solution?-002-1.jpg

Since the "GoPro mount" is becoming so universal, that's a good idea. If I can buy/ make a way to fix my light onto a GoPro type mount, that would open a ton of doors for better options. Thanks for the inspiration!