mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!

Hello!

Let me begin by saying that I'm a mountain biker. And I've tried and tested over 20 different bike lights (Handlebar & helmet lights). Nothing beats the value "bang for your buck" that ITUO lights bring.
    I've used everything from $5 dollar lights from Aliexpress to $400+ lights from top manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, those lights are outstanding... but also come with a HEFTY price tag. If I just think about breaking, losing, or having one stolen, it makes my stomach churn.
    The first time I bought an ITUO light, I must admit, I was quite impressed. (A Wiz20). The build quality is phenomenal for the price, and they're also incredibly bright - I've not had a chance to test the actual lumen output, but It's definitely near the advertised range.
    My only complaint was that the clamps were made out of plastic. Though when I wrote them about this about a year ago, they told me that they had already started manufacturing aluminum clamps, and in fact, all lights I've bought since come with a very nice and sturdy aluminum clamp.

I can't stress enough how amazing their products are, and you should definitely give them a shot!

Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated in any way to ITUO - Just a very happy customer!
    Wiz20 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A1IXL214K3EBVR
    Wiz-XP2 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A39WKGHCEJMFEK
    Wiz-XP3 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A8ZEIM87SEUII

EDIT - In case the coupon does not get added automatically - you can add it manually with : 15PRHKMS

ITUO Wiz-XP3 - #$138.95 - $15 coupon: $123.95
    ITUO Wiz-XP2 - $109.95 - $10 coupon: $99.95
    ITUO Wiz20 - $89-95 - $10 coupon: $89.95
    ITUO Wiz1 - $ 59.95 - $8 coupon: $51.95
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by MizzrBear; 1 Week Ago at 09:52 AM. Reason: Added Discount Code

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MizzrBear View Post
    Hello!

Let me begin by saying that I'm a mountain biker. And I've tried and tested over 20 different bike lights (Handlebar & helmet lights). Nothing beats the value "bang for your buck" that ITUO lights bring.
    I've used everything from $5 dollar lights from Aliexpress to $400+ lights from top manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, those lights are outstanding... but also come with a HEFTY price tag. If I just think about breaking, losing, or having one stolen, it makes my stomach churn.
    The first time I bought an ITUO light, I must admit, I was quite impressed. (A Wiz20). The build quality is phenomenal for the price, and they're also incredibly bright - I've not had a chance to test the actual lumen output, but It's definitely near the advertised range.
    My only complaint was that the clamps were made out of plastic. Though when I wrote them about this about a year ago, they told me that they had already started manufacturing aluminum clamps, and in fact, all lights I've bought since come with a very nice and sturdy aluminum clamp.

I can't stress enough how amazing their products are, and you should definitely give them a shot!
    Thanks, those are great prices for great lights!!! Like you I've owned a lot of lights (about 40 currently) and can't think of any I've been more satisfied with than my Ituo's (Wiz20, XP2, XP3). Unless your only looking for cool white tinted lights these are the best current deal I can think of for "high performance lights".
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey Mole

Is the XP3 pretty accurate as far as run time and lumens?

Thx

MB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    Hey Mole

Is the XP3 pretty accurate as far as run time and lumens?

Thx

MB
    Yes and yes! I've had excellent luck with these lights. Here's a link to some sphere tests that RAKC did over the years (includes XP3 of course). Only real draw back to these lights is there is no support network anymore so while I've seen very few problems (except the original plastic mounts) reported, any warranty issues would require dealing with Ituo directly.
    Mole

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0

mtbr member
    I have the XP3 and rate it almost as high as my Gloworm XS, nice light.

Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated in any way to ITUO - Just a very happy customer!
    Wiz-XP3 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A8ZEIM87SEUII

EDIT - In case the coupon does not get added automatically - you can add it manually with : [FONT="]15PRHKMS [/FONT]

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    just don't buy the Wiz 1 as a handlebar light for mountain biking, it's just too heavy. I broke the plastic mount almost immediately, they sent me the updated aluminum one and that one broke as well, this time at the mount point.

I have the Wiz-XP2 and it's awesome as a helmet mount and I CAN use the Wiz 1 as a handlebar mount on my road bike, although it looks a bit silly because its bigger then most handle bar lights and basically looks like I just strapped a flash light onto by bars, for mountain biking the repeated bouncing puts too much stress on any mount I have used, I had to stop using it on my mountain bike.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    interesting discussion but OP saying their not affiliated is false. Did enough reviews in my time for companies that they did this post because they got free stuff, but are trying to hide it.

Ituo made good lights, just a few issues with mounts and wiz20 self discharge issues in the original ones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey Mole

Is the battery still as efficient or close as when it was new and do you know what cells are used. Also, is there a noticeable drop in lumens after like 10 minutes or 30 min run time. Any graphs showing lumen output during it's run time?

Looks like a real good light for the money. Most 2300 lumen lights are around a hundred more or so. I'd only be using it on the bars and understand I can get a mount from Vanc if I don't like the supplied one.

Thx

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    ......and understand I can get a mount from Vanc if I don't like the supplied one.
    The XP series are GoPro compatible so if the factory bar mount is unsatisfactory there are countless options for third party bar mounts. I do make a replacement GoPro adapter for the XP series lights. Adds some extra heatsink area and 2 options for a lower profile mounting. For many users, lower profile mounting on the helmet is a plus.

The Wiz20 mounts were terrible. I'd have to go look at the numbers, but know for sure I sold well over 100 Wiz20 GoPro adapters to folks with broken mounts that Ituo would/could/did not replace.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Yes and yes! I've had excellent luck with these lights. Here's a link to some sphere tests that RAKC did over the years (includes XP3 of course). Only real draw back to these lights is there is no support network anymore so while I've seen very few problems (except the original plastic mounts) reported, any warranty issues would require dealing with Ituo directly.
    Mole

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0

That's correct. However, the people at ITUO have been nothing but great. One of my old plastic brackets broke last year. I talked to them about it, they told me they were already producing new aluminum brackets. They got back to me when they were ready, asked for my address and sent me a couple of them at no charge - I call that outstanding customer service.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-49741323_335699693942012_3876070738960056320_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    interesting discussion but OP saying their not affiliated is false. Did enough reviews in my time for companies that they did this post because they got free stuff, but are trying to hide it.

Ituo made good lights, just a few issues with mounts and wiz20 self discharge issues in the original ones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RACK, I'm not sure what you'd consider an 'affiliation'. I purchased my first Wiz20 back in 2016, I actually wrote them a not-so-happy review (also had the self-discharge issue), bought another light in 2017, and another Wiz20 in 2018. They sent me a couple of free mounts to make up for for the one that had broken, and they replaced my one Wiz20 with a brand new one a bit over a year after I had purchased it.
    So if you want to call that 'getting free stuff' definitely, I just call it good customer support. I'm sure that they'd treat anybody else just as well. They let me know that they'll be releasing a new line of lights this (probably why they're running such a good sale, emptying their stock).

And again. as far as 'getting free stuff', yes, I've written a bit over 1000 Amazon reviews, and I used to get flooded with offers to write reviews in exchange for free stuff or money - those good'ol days are over due to Amazon's new policies. And even though I do have an amazon affiliate account, if you look at the links that I posted, they're not affiliate links . I make a very decent living with my everyday job, I wrote this post because I like their company and their products, and hopefully it'd help other people here to get a good bang for their buck.

Also, even though I would agree with you from the standpoint that there are people out there with no integrity or morals and will do anything for an extra dollar *Cough*youtubers*Cough*, I am not the kind of person to go through the trouble of helping promote a product just for money. Giving away 'free stuff' is a great way for ANY company to promote their brand and get people to use it. Or have you never been at a party where there's people throwing around T-Shirts, Red-bull, Bacardi, etc?

Believe me, I am all about diminishing returns... I've bought both those $25 chinese lights from aliexpress that claim "ZOMG 5000+ Lumens! CLICK HERE BUY NOW" things, and the $400+ NIterider Piko light. I'd much rather buy 4x ITUO lights than one ~$400 light.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Hey Vanc, - I'd love to buy a couple of your adapters, however, I can't find the ordering information on your page! (Looking at it from my phone).

mtbr member
    That's correct. However, the people at ITUO have been nothing but great. One of my old plastic brackets broke last year. I talked to them about it, they told me they were already producing new aluminum brackets. They got back to me when they were ready, asked for my address and sent me a couple of them at no charge - I call that outstanding customer service.
    Thanks for sharing your experience dealing with Ituo . From my experience the risk factor of having any problems with their products is pretty low now that the mounts are made of aluminum but nice to know the new owners seem to care about taking care of any issues. Do you have a link or email address they can be contacted at?
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey Vanc, - I'd love to buy a couple of your adapters, however, I can't find the ordering information on your page! (Looking at it from my phone).
    PM sent

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    Hey Mole

Is the battery still as efficient or close as when it was new and do you know what cells are used. Also, is there a noticeable drop in lumens after like 10 minutes or 30 min run time. Any graphs showing lumen output during it's run time?

Looks like a real good light for the money. Most 2300 lumen lights are around a hundred more or so. I'd only be using it on the bars and understand I can get a mount from Vanc if I don't like the supplied one.

Thx
    I'm sure the batteries have lost some of their capacity as they are approaching 3 yrs old but that's normal for any battery. All my Ituo lights came with Panasonic batteries so they are definitely premium quality cells but I really don't know what Ituo is using for cells in their newest lights so will try to find out. All emitters will lose a little efficiency as they heat up and dim some but would not be noticeable with the XP3 unless the battery charge was almost used up or the the light got hot enough to activate the thermal protection. One of the main reasons I like my Ituo lights so much is they handle the 100 degree ride temps I see in the summer better than the other high powered lights I own. Sorry I don't have any output curve charts for these lights. If you get a XP3 I'd appreciate hearing your opinion on the new mount. Vanc mounts work excellent or Gloworm mounts too in case your not happy with the stock ones.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Glad to see they are moving away from the cheap plastic mounts. I have two XP3ís and I broke one of the handlebar mounts within the first few rides.
    My only other complaint about the light was the double click to get into programming mode. Any time I try to change the brightness while riding I would accidentally click it twice due to bumps and such. So now I only change brightness while staying still, but even then I still accidentally get into that mode fairly frequently. Maybe both of mine are just extra sensitive or something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I recently got 2 more lights form Ituo. I picked up a WIZ1 and a WIZ2 to use not only as helmet lights but also as flash lights. So far I am happy! I was worried the Wiz1 would be a little heavy as a helmet light, havent tried it yet but the Wiz2 seems to works well and have plenty of run time for my 10-20mile night rides. I also used the Wiz2 while exploring some mines over near years, didnt get any pic but its pretty amazing what that little light will do in a pitch black mine.

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-thumbnail_img_9804.jpg

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-thumbnail_img_9805.jpg

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-thumbnail_img_9806.jpg

You can see the light easily hitting that tree about 75' away and that isnt in that dark of an area as it has a lot of street lights.

Another cool feature....the helmet mount that came with my XP4 makes a great helmet go-pro mount when im not running a helmet light.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience dealing with Ituo . From my experience the risk factor of having any problems with their products is pretty low now that the mounts are made of aluminum but nice to know the new owners seem to care about taking care of any issues. Do you have a link or email address they can be contacted at?
    Mole
    Sure, it's: info (at) ituoworld . com

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadcmpr View Post
    Glad to see they are moving away from the cheap plastic mounts. I have two XP3ís and I broke one of the handlebar mounts within the first few rides.
    My only other complaint about the light was the double click to get into programming mode. Any time I try to change the brightness while riding I would accidentally click it twice due to bumps and such. So now I only change brightness while staying still, but even then I still accidentally get into that mode fairly frequently. Maybe both of mine are just extra sensitive or something.
    I hear you, I struggled with that too, particularly when wearing gloves... I just started to give it a really hard quick push - works about 90% of the time. But yeah, I agree, a small annoyance.

mtbr member
    Looks like they dropped the price a little more on the Wiz 1 to $49.95 (as of 1/16) so $41.95 once you take the $8 coupon off. Pretty tempting at that price!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Also, ITUO is always looking for new advocates. People that are passionate about riding, involved in their local communities / social media that are wanting to test their products, write reviews and help promote their brand. If you are interested, I'd be happy to get you in touch if you give me some details about yourself. I'm sure they'd be happy to hook you up with some equipment for you to try out

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Also, ITUO is always looking for new advocates. People that are passionate about riding, involved in their local communities / social media that are wanting to test their products, write reviews and help promote their brand. If you are interested, I'd be happy to get you in touch if you give me some details about yourself. I'm sure they'd be happy to hook you up with some equipment for you to try out
    My shill alert is starting to get pretty loud......

Despite your claims in earlier posts, your enthusiasm for the product and your promotion of it seems a bit much for supposedly not having any connection to the company.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion. I respect that. I understand it's hard to believe that someone will do something nice without expecting anything in return.

However, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you try it out yourself? I'd be happy to get you in touch with them and you can convince yourself about their products and service and you'll see that there's no 'funny business' involved. If you are an involved member in a community, and would be interested in trying one of their products, I'm pretty confident that they'll happily hook you up.

From what I understand, they used to have offices and reps in the US, but that didn't turn out very well (for whatever reason) so they eliminated that and now they're trying to do direct sales via amazon, but they're having difficulties promoting their brand from overseas. They can't post adds in popular pages like slickdeals because they don't have enough reviews on amazon to be taken "seriously".

Yes, I am doing them a favor promoting their brand - Happy to do so for free for a great product - I've done the same for 661 protective gear, Five Ten shoes, Osprey backpacks etc... and believe me, I don't get even a 'thank you' for that

mtbr member
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion. I respect that. I understand it's hard to believe that someone will do something nice without expecting anything in return.
    Don't get the wrong impression here. I'm sure it's just the circumstance of you being new here and all your posts promoting the Ituo lights (which I support too). Fact is Vanc makes some very nice accessories for Ituo lights + other brands too which might interest you. Here's a pic. of one of the finned/heatsink Gopro mounts he made for me.

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-032.jpg

Yes, I am doing them a favor promoting their brand - Happy to do so for free for a great product - I've done the same for 661 protective gear, Five Ten shoes, Osprey backpacks etc... and believe me, I don't get even a 'thank you' for that
    Awesome attitude! Sharing product experiences is what this forum is all about (IMO) so welcome! Being a fellow Ituo fan I wish I could help by product testing something but since my Wiz1 arrived yesterday I pretty much already own everything they make. With the exception of Gloworm I can't say I've ever gotten a thank you from any manufacturer either but certainly have from people seeking information on products I've commented on and that's good enough for me!
    Mole

mtbr member
    From what I understand, they used to have offices and reps in the US, but that didn't turn out very well (for whatever reason) so they eliminated that and now they're trying to do direct sales via amazon,
    The rep was promoting their brand here much like you are doing, without disclosing he was the distributor. Supposedly they left him high and dry when the warranty claims started coming in.

mtbr member
    $42 with all it's features (750+ lumens, 3 hr. high mode runtime, programmable presets, Gopro mount compatible, new aluminum mount) ended up being too good a deal for me to pass up as a backup light upgrade. New aluminum mount had a lot to do with justifying the purchase since I recommend Ituo lights frequently. New mount looks good and should eliminate the problem that accounted for the majority of warranty issues with the pre 2018 models. Off the bike currently with some medical issues but hope to get to try the Wiz1 soon.

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-001.jpg

Lucky surprise I found the Wiz1 will fit older Gemini Xera lens cover and optics so should be able to widen the beam a bit.

Great sale on ITUO lights! - Lowest prices ever, and additional coupons!-007.jpg

Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I understand it's hard to believe that someone will do something nice without expecting anything in return.
    We have had folks post reviews here with ties to the manufacturer that were not disclosed. The posts usually exhibited strong bias and "over the top" raves. That was the reason for my post earlier. The moderator of the forum has had to clean up some of that and it is the reason he placed the sticky at the forum top.....

https://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night...r-1059282.html

I've seen the Ituo XP2 when it first came out. MRMOLE needed a heatsink GoPro adapter to help deal with the hot riding temps he deals with in the summer so he sent me his to measure up to design the adapter. It appeared to be a nice product. I've even recommended them a time or two on this forum.

.......However, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you try it out yourself? I'd be happy to get you in touch with them and you can convince yourself about their products and service and you'll see that there's no 'funny business' involved. If you are an involved member in a community, and would be interested in trying one of their products, I'm pretty confident that they'll happily hook you up......
    I'm not interested in testing or reviewing anyone's products and have declined the couple times I have been approached. I don't care to invest the time required to do a thorough review on a product that I would end up never using beyond the testing.