Glowworm X2 helmet mounting- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Glowworm X2 helmet mounting

So I'm about to pull the trigger to get a new light (helmet mount) and have been seriously considering the X2. Where do folks mount the wired remote when the light is helmet mounted? Still on the bars?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    So I'm about to pull the trigger to get a new light (helmet mount) and have been seriously considering the X2. Where do folks mount the wired remote when the light is helmet mounted? Still on the bars?
    Picture is worth a thousand words. Remote button attaches to helmet via provided adhesive Velcro pads. New 2018 "wireless" remote X2 available soon, might be a better option for you as remote would still mount to bars.
    Mole

Glowworm X2 helmet mounting-005.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks for the info. The 2018 version seemed like a better solution, but I don't really have time to wait for the 2018 as I'm signed up for a night race in a couple weeks and I think the expected ship date is after the race.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. The 2018 version seemed like a better solution, but I don't really have time to wait for the 2018 as I'm signed up for a night race in a couple weeks and I think the expected ship date is after the race.
    Bad timing but you won't lose any performance between the 17 and 18 model even though the new one is rated higher. They bumped the output last year but didn't bother to change the packaging and spec. till the new models comes out (at least that's the way Gloworm explained it to me when I inquired why I was getting a significant increase in lux readings on my meter from my 2017 model). Don't forget to note what size bar you have as they come with a 31.8 QR mount (if you have 35mm bars they might swap mounts for you). Even if you don't plan on using the X2 on the bars you may be able to use it for whatever bar light you choose if it's Gopro compatible and you get the GW Gopro adapter. Gloworm mounts are excellent and the bar version does a good job of centering the light in front of the stem so you don't want to let it go to waste.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Ok. So it appears that my procrastinating on buying a light has put me in a bit of a bind. Action-led shows the x2 as out of stock as does Amazon. Does anyone know of a US supplier I could get one from in the next week or two?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE]
    Ok. So it appears that my procrastinating on buying a light has put me in a bit of a bind.
    I checked Gloworms website and it shows in stock for the 2017 X2. Not sure how quickly they could get you the light but know I've gotten things from China (to Arizona) in less than a week with a small upcharge. I'd send them an email or here's a link to a thread they started that you could just PM them from.
    Mole

http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-...br-994044.html