gloworm cx trail on medium setting?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

gloworm cx trail on medium setting?

I'm leaning towards the Gloworm CX Trail but I'm trying to get some info on the medium setting which I wasn't able to find by googling. Specifically, how many lumens are output on the medium setting? Can anyone speak to whether the lumens output on the medium setting are sufficient on trails which are relatively easy and not very technical (no big drops or critical split second adjustments needed, etc? What is your real world experience as far as battery life on the trail when running this light on the medium setting?

mtbr member

And anywhere in between

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zcxnr9nbq...atrix.pdf?dl=0

Evolution Training Cycles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Gloworm CX Trail but I'm trying to get some info on the medium setting which I wasn't able to find by googling. Specifically, how many lumens are output on the medium setting? Can anyone speak to whether the lumens output on the medium setting are sufficient on trails which are relatively easy and not very technical (no big drops or critical split second adjustments needed, etc? What is your real world experience as far as battery life on the trail when running this light on the medium setting?
    I don't think they make the trail model anymore. That model used xml emitters where as the old urban and new CX use xpg emitters. The xpg emitters have a little narrower beam but more throw (beam width is adjustable with different optics) and use less battery energy. I own a newer CX if you have any questions. New CX also has a lower price than the trail did and is a better light IMO. Presets (low/med/hi) are adjustable on all CX lights so the med. level can be adjusted anywhere from 10% to 100% of lights overall output in 10% increments.
    Mole