Geoman - you online?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Geoman - you online?

I e-mailed you on the form on your site...light fell apart after 2 hrs/20 miles on the road. Broke off mount just from road vibration. On paved road, on road bike. Please check the mail at your site for details. Me no happy right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Satisfied customer

Just to say that Geoman e-mailed, explained it might just be a loose screw and offered to replace the lighthead. It was indeed a loose screw, but important to note that Geoman stepped up to do more than the right thing. So if you buy a Magicshine, buy from Geomangear - and check that the mount is properly screwed in out of the box. Evidently I'm not the only person who has had this problem...

Dirt Deviant
    Which light was this? 900 or 1400?
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I borrowed someones 1400 (brand new right out of the box actually, I was 1st to use it) for 24 hour race a couple weekends ago and within a mile on the trail the light fell off the handlebar. At first, I thought the whole mount broke, but it was the little screw that came lose. Doesn't seem like many threads of the screw get in contact between the lighthead and mount. Seems like some loctite would help

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Mine was the 1400 with the screw loose. Luckily the wires were ziptied on my frame, so the lighthead was just flopping around as opposed to hitting the ground.

Members who have read this thread: 0