GearBest US warehouse- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

GearBest US warehouse

I just got an email that GearBest has a US warehouse with 2-5 day shipping. This is a big deal for those of us who get tired of waiting for our stuff!

mtbr member
    I think you'll be disappointed when you see what they actually stock in the US Warehouse.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I'm in the U.S. Ordered a BT40s on the 13th and hasn't shipped yet

RAKC
    There isnt much in the US warehouse, definately not really much of anything we here would want.

As for nitefighter lights shipping, something is wrong at nitefighter (noticed the bt40s listing on amazon is gone and now under a new brand name, has somethign to do with Streamlight getting upset about the Nitefighter Name)

mtbr member
    I noticed "NitefighterLights" on Ebay has no listings too.

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

mtbr member
    The whole "USA Warehouse" thing is a complete scam. D/X was one of the first to come up with this idea as a marketing ploy. I ordered something from DX that supposedly was in their USA warehouse and it still took about the same amount of time to get to me.

mtbr member
    That's appalling.

mtbr member
    Can you return things to the USA Warehouse?

mtbr member
    A buddy and I ordered a pair of Nitefighter BT21's several weeks ago. Still waiting for them to ship. I just checked their website, they still have them listed for sale (for less than we paid, urg!) seems like if there is an issue with that product, they should not be listed for sale.
    Tigris99 (or anyone else), you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about lights, what would you recommend instead of the Nitefighters? I have a 1200 lumin Brighteyes and he has a Nitefighter BT40. We want a second light, one for the bars and another for the helmet. This is for fairly tight twisty rooty single track.
    Last edited by Smilely; 10-23-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster" Greg LeMond

∞~∞~∞~∞~∞
    I am in the exact same boat and I too am interested in what else is out there!
    Rick~
    16' Superfly 9.6
    Tucson, Az.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The whole "USA Warehouse" thing is a complete scam. D/X was one of the first to come up with this idea as a marketing ploy. I ordered something from DX that supposedly was in their USA warehouse and it still took about the same amount of time to get to me.
    Certainly true in the case of DX. I ordered some stuff supposedly in the US warehouse and they sent me a shipping confirmation showing China.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC
    There is BT40s by another name on amazon (covered on prime too)

As for other options, Xeccon, then Magicshine via Action-LED. Both have locations in the US, both have great service. I dont own either of them (been considering buying a Xeccon Sogn though just to have it) But all the research I have done says they are awesome in the bang for buck with warranty and service department.

PS: I do reviews for gearbest, and have a decent knowledge of lights, but where do you think I learned a bunch of it from. Cat, Vanc, Ledoman, Garry, GJHS. SO make sure to pay attention to those guys, been at this longer than me.

mtbr member
    tigris99, very cool to list other members we should thank and pay attention to. I enjoy reading their posts, and thank you and them for the time you have put into all of this.

I'm interested in that BT40S clone on Amazon, Vomlite VL-G2S. does anyone have any thoughts on whether the battery that comes with it is equal to the ones Nitefighter includes? I've read that many of the various clones come with very low quality batteries.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster" Greg LeMond

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilely View Post
    tigris99, very cool to list other members we should thank and pay attention to. I enjoy reading their posts, and thank you and them for the time you have put into all of this.

I'm interested in that BT40S clone on Amazon, Vomlite VL-G2S. does anyone have any thoughts on whether the battery that comes with it is equal to the ones Nitefighter includes? I've read that many of the various clones come with very low quality batteries.
    Smilely, Since you already started a thread on "Nitefighter Alternatives" why are you asking the same questions in THIS thread which is a different topic. You'll find your answers in the topic / thread that you started.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That's interesting! I remember the times when DX opened external warehouses in Europe, US and Australia. Can't say anything about US nor AU ones, but EU store was real: I've ordered several stuffs from there, and quickly got them (AFAIK, geographically it was located in UK). But except for the fast delivery, there were no advantages to use that warehouse: very limited selection of goods, and significantly higher prices if compared to the China-based main store...

mtbr member
    I too was interested in buying the combo BT40s and the BT21 nitefighters from GearBest, but this in stock / out of stock stuff isn't very reliable.

Question: looks like ~109 dollars for both and I believe that's combos. Helmet strap, rubber bands for the bars, batteries, chargers, etc. But then some of the questions/comments/reviews on gearbest say that the combo does NOT come with the battery, and the company replies and say yes they do. Sounds like some people aren't receiving the full combo, should I be concerned?

If someone can confirm they'll ship soon, I'm in for these things! Currently on a light and motion urban 700, ride it in medium and it's not long enough or bright enough.

Thanks!

RAKC
    There is no kit without battery. There is the light head only option, which is for those of us that have battery packs already. Nothing to do with people not getting full kits.

In stock date is November 7th as last I knew but you can message them to see if there is any left now.

EAT MORE GRIME
    um newflash

NO it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is legit.

for items at gearbest with the option to pick US warehouse, stuff does arrive in 3 days. I have 5 items so far ordered from gearbest that did NOT take the slow boat from china. one item that was china only did take 23 days