Fox Proframe + headlamp- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fox Proframe + headlamp

Does anyone run a headlamp on a Fox Proframe. Or any full face with the large visor? I'm thinking it's not going to work because the visor(s) point to far up, right?

mtbr member
    It'll be easy enough to stick a gopro mount on the top of the helmet. Would just put it a little more forward than typical to clear the visor.

mtbr member
    Because the visor basically points up and not really forward, putting it closer doesn’t help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JNKER View Post
    Because the visor basically points up and not really forward, putting it closer doesn’t help.
    A photo would help others see just exactly what you are dealing with. Some helmets just don't make good helmets for night riding. You might just have to consider using another helmet. I'm sure there must be good full face helmets that can accommodate a nice Gopro mount for using a helmet lamp.

Just doing a quick look-see on the web the Bell Super MIPS 3R looks like a good choice. Chin bar is removable not to mention the visor looks more adjustable. Add to that it includes a break-away camera mount ...which I may add may accommodate a helmet lamp if it is Gopro compatible.

Oh, BTW I did look up your helmet and I see exactly what you are dealing with. That is the strangest configuration for a visor I've ever seen.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    ......Oh, BTW I did look up your helmet and I see exactly what you are dealing with. That is the strangest configuration for a visor I've ever seen.
    I'd agree. The visor being so high seems to me that it would not work well as a visor. I think it is more of a form over function choice there.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    True. I have a non-full face helmet, too. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    This is how Giro does it on their similar purposed Switchblade helmet.
    Mole

Fox Proframe + headlamp-giro.switchblade.ride-5.jpg

mtbr member
    How could you put that much weight on the very tip of visor and either not have it bounce all over the place or just make the visor move around. ( assuming you have a good size light sitting on the mount ) Of course if it works forget what I just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    I'd agree. The visor being so high seems to me that it would not work well as a visor. I think it is more of a form over function choice there.
    Heck, who knows...maybe it was their intention for the visor to act as an air scoop. Yes, yes...funnel more air toward the face of the rider....of course the rider might end up scraping bugs out of his eyes or coughing up some extra dust from the rider in front but what the hey...

mtbr member
    I saw some Gopro footage using that mount setup which looked stable so would think a normal lighthead should be fine especially on the fox helmet (with a similar mount) since it is more solidly mounted than the pictured Giro visor. Also noticed most of the enduro style helmets had that high visor and a few were pictured with googles resting in the area below the visor so that may be why those helmet are designed that way.
    Mole

Light freak
    Sitting on the table, I agree full face helmets looks ridiculous, but when wearing, the chin bar sits much lower than when sitting on a table

Fox Proframe + headlamp-fox.gif

Bell Super 3 works good also

Fox Proframe + headlamp-img-1826.jpg