flood optics available for Ituo XP3?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6

    flood optics available for Ituo XP3?

    Does anyone have a source for the 40* flood optics for the Ituo XP3 lights? Seems that ituo itself is out of business and rakc doesnt offer itou parts anymore on their website, having switched to m-tiger.

    TIA!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by str8dum View Post
    Does anyone have a source for the 40* flood optics for the Ituo XP3 lights? Seems that ituo itself is out of business and rakc doesnt offer itou parts anymore on their website, having switched to m-tiger.

    TIA!
    https://www.action-led-lights.com/co...-gloworm-x2-xs

    These are what I use for beam widening in my Ituo lights. Widens the beam nicely without wasting a lot of light thrown up in the air or putting too much around the front wheel causing excessive glare. Will require use of the existing white optic holder and must be installed so fluting is aligned vertically. More expensive but better quality optic IMO.
    Mole

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    https://www.action-led-lights.com/co...-gloworm-x2-xs

    These are what I use for beam widening in my Ituo lights. Widens the beam nicely without wasting a lot of light thrown up in the air or putting too much around the front wheel causing excessive glare. Will require use of the existing white optic holder and must be installed so fluting is aligned vertically. More expensive but better quality optic IMO.
    Mole
    I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to ask if these are definitely the optics you used on your xp3. I ordered these exact optics from this link and put them in my xp3 and it ended up ruining my lights completely. They fit tighter than the stock optics and I'm wondering if they were just too big for the lights and pushed in the circuit board too much. There also wasn't a bezel for the rubber o ring that the stock lights had. I really want to change my bar lights to a flood light but I don't want to ruin another lightest. I have multiple of these xp3's.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfesido View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to ask if these are definitely the optics you used on your xp3. I ordered these exact optics from this link and put them in my xp3 and it ended up ruining my lights completely. They fit tighter than the stock optics and I'm wondering if they were just too big for the lights and pushed in the circuit board too much. There also wasn't a bezel for the rubber o ring that the stock lights had. I really want to change my bar lights to a flood light but I don't want to ruin another lightest. I have multiple of these xp3's.
    Sorry to hear you had problems with your light. Did it damage the emitters? I've used those optics in all my Ituo lights (XP3/XP2.Wiz20 with no issues. Did you use the white optic holder from the stock optics? Those holders place the optic securely over the emitter base and are taller that either the stock or GW optic so there shouldn't be any height difference. Even though Jim @ Action-LED-Lights doesn't sell these lights It's possible he would be willing to fix your lights if it's just damaged emitters for a minimal charge.
    Mole

    flood optics available for Ituo XP3?-005.jpg

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Sorry to hear you had problems with your light. Did it damage the emitters? I've used those optics in all my Ituo lights (XP3/XP2.Wiz20 with no issues. Did you use the white optic holder from the stock optics? Those holders place the optic securely over the emitter base and are taller that either the stock or GW optic so there shouldn't be any height difference. Even though Jim @ Action-LED-Lights doesn't sell these lights It's possible he would be willing to fix your lights if it's just damaged emitters for a minimal charge.
    Mole

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1204323

    Hmm, I feel like mine are taller but I'm not at home to look right now.

    I believe it's just the emitter. When I had everything assembled the lights would hardly even turn on. I then took everything back apart and the lights shined fine. I tried to reassemble again and one of the little bulbs, which I understand are just covers, fell off. I do know with the GW optics everything fit really tight almost as if I was forcing it together.

    do you use the clear rubber seals that come with the xp3?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    flood optics available for Ituo XP3?-001-2-.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfesido View Post
    Hmm, I feel like mine are taller but I'm not at home to look right now.

    I believe it's just the emitter. When I had everything assembled the lights would hardly even turn on. I then took everything back apart and the lights shined fine. I tried to reassemble again and one of the little bulbs, which I understand are just covers, fell off. I do know with the GW optics everything fit really tight almost as if I was forcing it together.

    do you use the clear rubber seals that come with the xp3?
    It should fit together just like stock. Putting the optic in the white holder is a little tighter but over all height is determined by the holder. I use the O-rings. Picture shows emitter side of holder, you need to rotate the holder till it falls into place over the emitter. If not there's a good chance when tightening the bezel down the holder will contact the dome that fell off on your light + it will make the bezel fit a lot tighter. Another tip is to never change optics when the light is even warm. Emitters are much easier to damage when warm or hot.
    Mole

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    I've used those optics in all my Ituo lights (XP3/XP2.Wiz20 with no issues. Did you use the white optic holder from the stock optics? Those holders place the optic securely over the emitter base and are taller that either the stock or GW optic so there shouldn't be any height difference. Even though Jim @ Action-LED-Lights doesn't sell these lights It's possible he would be willing to fix your lights if it's just damaged emitters for a minimal charge.
    Mole

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1204323
    You know I might just have to buy me a couple of those flood optics ( the one on the right ) just to screw around with. Might be interesting if I can get a wider beam pattern from my Gloworm X2 on the bars. The Raveman PR-1200 has me spoiled with that wide beam pattern it has.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    You know I might just have to buy me a couple of those flood optics ( the one on the right ) just to screw around with. Might be interesting if I can get a wider beam pattern from my Gloworm X2 on the bars. The Raveman PR-1200 has me spoiled with that wide beam pattern it has.
    I was going to post my opinion of how this optic compares to other elliptical style optics/lens covers I've used including the Ravemen but changed my mind. I for one think your opinion on this optic would be of value to the forum and agree you need to buy a couple of these optics so we can get the "Cat" point of view on them.
    Mole

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Sorry to hear you had problems with your light. Did it damage the emitters? I've used those optics in all my Ituo lights (XP3/XP2.Wiz20 with no issues. Did you use the white optic holder from the stock optics? Those holders place the optic securely over the emitter base and are taller that either the stock or GW optic so there shouldn't be any height difference. Even though Jim @ Action-LED-Lights doesn't sell these lights It's possible he would be willing to fix your lights if it's just damaged emitters for a minimal charge.
    Mole

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	1204323
    M

    i wanted to follow up with a thank you for putting me in touch with Jim. He did say he would at least attempt to repair my light for a reasonable price. Hoping it's pretty minimal and I have another operating light in return

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM
  2. Ituo Wiz XP3
    By tigris99 in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 353
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 05:33 PM
  3. Ituo XP2 and XP3 goPro adapters with additional heatsinking fins
    By Vancbiker in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 01:28 PM
  4. Gloworm XS VS Ituo WIZ-XP3
    By Legbacon in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 11:45 AM
  5. ITUO WIZ XP3 Triple XM- L2 U3 bike light
    By Skyraider59 in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Members who have read this thread: 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.